Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

5 posters

Go down

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Empty Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Post  Guest 5/27/2007, 5:20 am

Hope everyone enjoys their 3 day weekend!

I did mulch again yesterday... edged the beds, mounded the dirt, spread 2 more cubic yards. Mother nature is watering it down as I type, so by day's end, I should be able to go back over it with the last of the pile in the driveway.

Once again Indy's in the spotlight. I just hope the rain stops long enough to get the race in...

Have a great weekend... and remember the reason.

Back to top Go down

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Empty Re: Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Post  cravnravn 5/27/2007, 7:04 am

Thank You to all our Military Vets and active members!!!!!!!!!

We had a hell of a t-storm roll through yesterday afternoon, lightening, thunder, pouring down buckets of rain. So much, I had to get Drew and Nick on the roof to clear away what has collected in the drain spouts. Funny thing is , I harped on those 2 all morning and early afternoon to get up there and clean the gutters out, they played around and didn't get to it. Sent their butts up there during the down pour.

My Sister bought me a Japanese Maple 3 years ago, for some odd reason it didnt come back this year bluehoo

We spent 89.00 at Home Depot last week on flowers..I can't believe it!!! and we only have a small garden, 2ft wide by 60 feet long. Good grief, some expensive deer food.. boohoo
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/27/2007, 10:31 am

Have a nice day peeps!

Golf day here (and raining here too)

We have sun every day except today and the sun is supposed to be back tomorrow.

Just in time to buy gas and mow the lawn again.

Hey Cravn I have one of those maples too and I even transplanted it last month and it still did it's purple leaf thing here!

Well off I go.......cleaned my WHITE Jag up yesterday and now I have to drive it on a wet muddy road bluehoo

Oh well........I'll drive like I'm in the Indy 500 cheerstoyou

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8780
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 5/27/2007, 12:53 pm

From the Revolution to today......also remember the families who worry and suffer.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Salute10

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2560

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 5/28/2007, 8:18 am

cravnravn wrote:Thank You to all our Military Vets and active members!!!!!!!!!

We had a hell of a t-storm roll through yesterday afternoon, lightening, thunder, pouring down buckets of rain. So much, I had to get Drew and Nick on the roof to clear away what has collected in the drain spouts. Funny thing is , I harped on those 2 all morning and early afternoon to get up there and clean the gutters out, they played around and didn't get to it. Sent their butts up there during the down pour.

My Sister bought me a Japanese Maple 3 years ago, for some odd reason it didnt come back this year bluehoo

We spent 89.00 at Home Depot last week on flowers..I can't believe it!!! and we only have a small garden, 2ft wide by 60 feet long. Good grief, some expensive deer food.. boohoo

I got a 20 yr old boy that thinks it`s play day every day too..........Damn kids these days. pizzedoff

Those Japanese maples are some kick ass trees. Thought about getting a couple of those myself. I don`t think they get to tall which is cool.
next summer when I redo the front yard i`d like to have one on each side of the new entry way to the new deck.........
And yes having trouble with them damn squirrels digging up the bulbs and having lunch. They are digging up only one kind of plant(Liatrises)not sure why only them.
Also thats not the only thing thats been having lunch here..........All my damn Koi have disappeared.3 new ones that a buddy gave me plus the other 8 that were left from last year. pizzedoff

Time to trap that coon and show him who`s boss.............. rambo
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/28/2007, 12:18 pm

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Jpmaple2005hd1

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Jpmaple2002ep3

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 5/29/2007, 4:45 pm

Those are some fine pictures thee Magic.. Things are looking good in the Magic Kingdom..

How are those Sequias doing now?

I'd still like to get some, but of course In Indian they will never hit the 300ft mark like they do out west... They say 180-190 ft max in the Midwest.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 5/29/2007, 4:48 pm

wood20ks wrote:
cravnravn wrote:Thank You to all our Military Vets and active members!!!!!!!!!

I got a 20 yr old boy that thinks it`s play day every day too..........Damn kids these days. pizzedoff

Those Japanese maples are some kick ass trees. Thought about getting a couple of those myself. I don`t think they get to tall which is cool.
next summer when I redo the front yard i`d like to have one on each side of the new entry way to the new deck.........
And yes having trouble with them damn squirrels digging up the bulbs and having lunch. They are digging up only one kind of plant(Liatrises)not sure why only them.
Also thats not the only thing thats been having lunch here..........All my damn Koi have disappeared.3 new ones that a buddy gave me plus the other 8 that were left from last year. pizzedoff

Time to trap that coon and show him who`s boss.............. rambo

Yeah, sounds like Coons or possibly feral Cats (whic are becoming a big problem is some areas) I've trapped about 6 already this year (feral cats)
and turned them over to be put down...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/30/2007, 3:56 pm

Hey Magic, The Raven Castle is looking great!!!!!!!

Good Job booya
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/30/2007, 4:25 pm

Maybe you should send your kids here to help this old landscaper Cravn ......this time of year it looks like a national park but is almost too much work for me sunny

2Shock start planting some giant sequoias man!!!!

Don't listen to anyone but me on this.......they will have no problem growing to be the tallest tree in your county before you are my age cheerstoyou

Not sure if the garden stores in Indy sell all different sizes or what they charge but they are worth every dollar I spent and I wish I started sooner.

My oldest one was planted here 19 years ago next to the foundation 15yrs before I actually built the house.

The second crop of these 5ft trees are all over 40ft tall now too and they have only been here about 10 years.

Then last year I planted 6 more 8ftrs and they will be over 10ft by fall.

This spring I planted 6 more 4ftrs that were on sale ($50 each)

They are going to be about 6ft by fall since it is the first year after moving here (they were starters grown in Oregon and shipped here to a garden store near me)

I did buy lil seedlings one season but they take too long to get going.

But the thing I am doing now is taking cuttings off the bigger trees I have and figuring out which way works the best and I have 10 of those growing and they are already 3ft tall the first season.

Of course I took another 50 pictures to save king

(I have a clip of video I took of my 1st one back in 1988 with the wife next to it when she was taller than it and could reach around it.......here it is today.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Sequoiasspring2007004va9

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/31/2007, 1:31 am

Hey, that looks like my Christmas Tree..

I know what you mean Magic, this time of the year our property resembles a Jungle. Ill be trimming back the driveway this weekend.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down