Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital TV Is Official

4 posters

Go down

Digital TV Is Official Empty Digital TV Is Official

Post  Magic 6/12/2009, 3:09 am

Not that it matters to me since I have been on the satellite dish since 1983 but I will check the big dish and see if it can still get any free stuff and if not.........I might finally take the beast down and use it as a commercial grade planter box like the other old one I have.

The wife has been bitchin' about that dish being in front of the house since it was built 6 years ago.

Well I have had it about 4 years longer than her.......it is almost like selling one of my cars (THAT will never happen)

(and for 10 years I have ruled the ESPN boards king )

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=lal&tid=4848784&lid
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8783
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Digital TV Is Official Empty Re: Digital TV Is Official

Post  dblshockpwr 6/12/2009, 11:37 am

Hey didn't you say that you'd set up a FTA box a while back Magic?

I'm digging around looking at different set-ups right now and thinking about getting an FTA box and then setting up a basic multi-media system using mythtv as a DVR..... I think I can do it with regular cable if I get a grex device (since here you can't record anymore they have encrypted the cable signal now, and you have to be able to break the encryption)
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 6/13/2009, 2:08 am

Yeah next month will be my one year mark of running my CaptiveWorks 700s FTA reciever.

But just starting this month a new scramble version is starting called Nag3 and we lost most of the movie channels and some others until the crew figures out a new code.

But it still gives me network channels all over the country and all the other regular channles.

There are lots of different recievers out there but I like this one and the price is right (it was $130 when I got mine but I see it is even cheaper now)

But it will be nice if the Nag3 gets decoded so we can get back to having all the channels and they will be moving all of them to Nag3 before long.

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/13/2009, 3:02 am

Its been a very costly 72 hours for the Ravn, lets see Direct TV is charging me 129.00 for a new line to be run our bedroom, It was a tiny tv maybe 15" so of course the Mrs didnt want satelite ran to that, so I bought me a 21" flat screen yesterday for 199.00.My TV My bedroom its on the wall!! 59.00 for wall mounts.

And the Coup de Grace, Wednesday during those hellacious T-Storms my power went out, an hour later when it came back on, I couldnt get a satelite signal, called Direct we went thru the set ups that they use, and wa-la it came back...BUT it came back with Pennsylvania local channels,

2 years ago I called them and got a decent Tech that switched my locals to Baltimore enabling me to cancel the NFL Ticket, therefore saving myself 250.00..Well Wednesday I tried to explain it to the dyke on the other end and she would hear nothing of it, she stated the FCC requires that wherever my zip is is where my signal comes from, con't:
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/13/2009, 3:05 am

I explained to her that Im 31 miles north of Baltimore City, and 75 miles from Harrisburg, she said theres nothing she could do.

So on top of the other expences that I have taken on, I now have the NFL Ticket back, which I want you to know that Direct has greased the pole up nicely and is 275.00 as an EARLY BIRD..

Oh well, its only money and you cant take it with you.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 6/13/2009, 6:11 am

Magic wrote:Yeah next month will be my one year mark of running my CaptiveWorks 700s FTA reciever.

But just starting this month a new scramble version is starting called Nag3 and we lost most of the movie channels and some others until the crew figures out a new code.

But it still gives me network channels all over the country and all the other regular channles.

There are lots of different recievers out there but I like this one and the price is right (it was $130 when I got mine but I see it is even cheaper now)

But it will be nice if the Nag3 gets decoded so we can get back to having all the channels and they will be moving all of them to Nag3 before long.

Ok, I had heard that Dish was thinking about doing that too (From my understanding the FTA's use Dishnetworks signal don't they?) I also heard that you need a 30in dish instead of the 18's as well..... I went back to comcast for a little while since they offered me digital basic plus the cable moden for $65 a month for 2 years to switch back and my satellite system was around 12 years old and Directv was giving me shit because I installed and maintained my own system (They don't want you to be able to won your own equipment anymore, they want you to lease it all.... as a matter of fact when I cancelled my service they tried to tell my I had to return THEIR equipment... I just had to laugh at that one)

I used to LOVE directv but they have the prices so jacked up now it's cheaper for me to have traditional cable now....

I'm looking for live streams on the internet now for cable and such... I've found quite a few of them so far, and I think that is what the future is going to be, streaming media over the internet... I can already watch viurtually ANY movie I want on the www.... now if I could just watch TV regularly over the internet I would do that and do away with the cable TV part of my package and just keep the internet connection active.. (even though I know a way around that now as well... People are getting the marine WiFi antennas as they have MILES and MILES of signal strength and leaching internet from public libraries, panera bread.. McDonalds, truck stops etc.... since they all have free broadband service now)

The pirate in me just refuses to pay over $100 a month to watch TV.....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 6/13/2009, 6:12 am

cravnravn wrote:I explained to her that Im 31 miles north of Baltimore City, and 75 miles from Harrisburg, she said theres nothing she could do.

So on top of the other expences that I have taken on, I now have the NFL Ticket back, which I want you to know that Direct has greased the pole up nicely and is 275.00 as an EARLY BIRD..

Oh well, its only money and you cant take it with you.

HA I remember when Sunday ticket was $86 a fucking month!!! Edit.... sorry a year.

justinTV cravn.... justin TV....

Last edited by dblshockpwr on 6/13/2009, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/13/2009, 6:53 am

now if I could just watch TV regularly over the internet I would do that

You can brother, remember in Nov when I was down my Dads in Fla, I had to watch the Ravens game via the internet, I think it was Magic that posted me a link so I could watch the CBS affiliate that carried the game, it just wasnt sports either, there were different shows you could watch too..

I'll try to find the links for you.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 6/13/2009, 7:06 am

cravnravn wrote:now if I could just watch TV regularly over the internet I would do that

You can brother, remember in Nov when I was down my Dads in Fla, I had to watch the Ravens game via the internet, I think it was Magic that posted me a link so I could watch the CBS affiliate that carried the game, it just wasnt sports either, there were different shows you could watch too..

I can find some but most of them just made a GUI that connects to the streams and then they want to charge you about $50 for the GUI....

I don't want to pay just because somebody found hacked streams and wrote a little script..... plus I make it a habit to NOT give my credit card info to known hackers... LOL just good common sense internet use.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 6/13/2009, 7:44 am

I got my first dish in 1982. Big ass dish. I had to scan the skies every time there was a Viking game to find the live feed. No commercials and you could hear the announcers yakking over the commercial breaks. Some pretty funny stuff some of the time. I loved it when Direct TV came out and I could switch to a little dish. Sunday Ticket was a god send and I signed up the first year it was on the year. I pay the cheapest price you can pay ...

So Magic the wife was bitching hugh ... Don't blame your dish as you know they don't have to have a reason to do that lol
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/13/2009, 11:55 am

dblshockpwr wrote:
cravnravn wrote:now if I could just watch TV regularly over the internet I would do that

I can find some but most of them just made a GUI that connects to the streams and then they want to charge you about $50 for the GUI....

I don't want to pay just because somebody found hacked streams and wrote a little script..... plus I make it a habit to NOT give my credit card info to known hackers... LOL just good common sense internet use.

You dont think I paid do you,
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 6/13/2009, 3:23 pm

cravnravn wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:

You dont think I paid do you,

Oh no.... I was just frustrated because that was what I was coming across.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 6/14/2009, 12:36 am

Yeah Cravn that was the link I sent you and was actually on the phone with you when you got that game at your Dad's place last year.

And yes I get my FTA off of the Dish Network satellites @ 110 and 119 degrees.

You don't need a special dish to do that......I just took the cable from my DirecTV dish and connected it to the 110 degree connection on my dual LNB Dish Net dish so I have both recievers hooked up to my original dish.

You can also do this on the 10ft C-band dish if you have the proper LNB and the reciever and point it at the right satellite.

There are a few of those websites that you can find free tv stuff too......like JustinTV and a few others and I did have to watch a couple games on there and it works ok as long as you have a good monitor and a high speed ISP.

I saved plenty just by not paying for NFL and NBA over-priced packages on the dish.

5 satellite dishes outside my front door (notice one is retired and catched the sun now)

Digital TV Is Official Dishfarm

Digital TV Is Official Dishfarmw
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/14/2009, 4:59 am

I love that Ravens colored house