Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital camera stumper of the day.

3 posters

Go down

Digital camera stumper of the day. Empty Digital camera stumper of the day.

Post  cravnravn 7/17/2008, 1:34 am

Alright, bought a new digi, opened it, put in the memory card, and away we went..

NOW, took about 60 pictures, came home took out the memory card, inserted it into the pc like I normally do, and transferred the pics into a folder on the pc.

Now this is the part the Mrs dosent like, we inserted the memory card back into the camera, the camera comes on and tells us to continue, we have to reformat the memory card, and if we continue all pics on the card will be erased.

The Mrs dosent want that to happen, she has pics that she wants saved on the card. We dont trust the pc, since it has crashed twice on us already and reverted back to purchase day.

If I do reformat the memory card, is there any way to take the pics from the pc, and put them back on the memory card?
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Digital camera stumper of the day. Empty Re: Digital camera stumper of the day.

Post  Agent 99 7/17/2008, 4:18 am

cravnravn wrote:Alright, bought a new digi, opened it, put in the memory card, and away we went..

NOW, took about 60 pictures, came home took out the memory card, inserted it into the pc like I normally do, and transferred the pics into a folder on the pc.

Now this is the part the Mrs dosent like, we inserted the memory card back into the camera, the camera comes on and tells us to continue, we have to reformat the memory card, and if we continue all pics on the card will be erased.

The Mrs dosent want that to happen, she has pics that she wants saved on the card. We dont trust the pc, since it has crashed twice on us already and reverted back to purchase day.

If I do reformat the memory card, is there any way to take the pics from the pc, and put them back on the memory card?

Cranv...... Insted of keeping them on the pc, why don't you just download the pics onto a CD-R? I have several disks that have all of our pics on them.
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/17/2008, 7:04 am

Try it before you finish the reformat.

Take the card just like you were downloading to the PC. Open the folder on the PC containing the pics and try to copy to the removeable storage (the memory card) and see what happens.

You like your seats I got especially for you at the stadium? lol
BTW - there was a story in this mornings paper about how those seats won't be sold. There are several just like it in all four upper corners of the stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 7/17/2008, 9:07 am

I put all my pics, vids and music onto the external HD. (it doesn't clutter your PC that way.) if something happens to the PC then you can alsways go back and get them off of the external HD... and like was said before, putting them onto a CD-R as well just makes for a double-insurance policy too.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/20/2008, 5:34 am

you ever get that figured out, Crav?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down