Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well it's official..

2 posters

Go down

Well it's official.. Empty Well it's official..

Post  dblshockpwr 8/12/2009, 12:42 pm

I am no longer a member of the carpenters and am enrolled for classes starting the 24th..

Very apprehensive about this right now..... scared shitless to be honest.

I took a withdrawal though so if worst comes to worst I can reactivate my membership, I don't think they were very happy, but I have fulfilled my contract (they payed for college the first time around)

BUT always look ahead to were you are going and never behind to see what is catching up right?

But thanks to a displaced workers grant and since I am still eligible for Pell grants and Stafford loans (being an athlete paid off, I never had to burn that stuff up
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Well it's official.. Empty Re: Well it's official..

Post  Guest 8/12/2009, 2:36 pm

How old are you, 2shock? Never too late to try and make things better for yourself. (sorry - just noticed you age is shown)

That you can reactivate is a good thing. Stay focused and you'll do fine. Show those youngsters in class that "semi"-old farts got some smarts too!

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/12/2009, 3:35 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:How old are you, 2shock? Never too late to try and make things better for yourself. (sorry - just noticed you age is shown)

That you can reactivate is a good thing. Stay focused and you'll do fine. Show those youngsters in class that "semi"-old farts got some smarts too!

Thanks Curt... I'm not old!! I still get carded for cigs for god's sake! The good thing is all of my general requirements are already taken care of and I can just concentrate on a degree field and cut the bullcrap out.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/13/2009, 1:17 am

You took a temporairy withdrawl there Schocker?? here its called a blue card..

Good luck in your ventures, But keep those union bennys active..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/13/2009, 5:00 am

cravnravn wrote:You took a temporairy withdrawl there Schocker?? here its called a blue card..

Good luck in your ventures, But keep those union bennys active..

It doesn't work that way in the trades Cravn, you get benefit coverage for every hour worked, there are lots of places to work that have flexible schedules to allow for school though that let you carry bene's and give tuition assistance as well.....

I went in to Siemens here in Plainfield to apply for a job to help get me through school.... I was like cool it's close to the house, it's 2nd shift bene's include tuition assistance..... I can deal....

So I am talking with the guy and he asks me if I would be interested in a facilities trainer position instead of the one they had listed. Now I don't know this guy from Adam and he just offers me this kind of position sight unseen?

Would NEVER happen in the world where real results matter in the trades.... LOL How the hell could I be a trainer when I don't know shit about their business? So I was like yeah sure.... thinking in the back of my mind WTF just happened here?

So they are going to do a criminal background check today.. (good thing I've hidden the bodies in the basement well eh? I will drink to that )

I need a fucking beer.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/28/2009, 1:25 pm

Ok so tuesday I start working for Siemens as their facilities trainer(in training I guess? LOLOL

Damn being a burden on society wasn't so bad...... But I will be working 2nd shift... and I still get up at about 5-530 AM everymoning so I guess I will have time to for 9 holes before I have to go to class and then work..... and of course I have found another place where I can con them into paying for school again... (they have tuition assistance) Which is a good thing because my car will be paid for in a month and I have vowed to never get another loan again for anything as long as I live... no credit cards either.. I am going back to the ways of my grandparents.... Deal only in cold hard cash ( and I am also only keeping enough cash in the bank to cover monthly expenses.. well the credit union anyway.. I don't trust regular banks at all)

And did I mention how badly I hate Chase Bank here?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down