Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't ya love payin' those bills???

4 posters

Go down

Don't ya love payin' those bills??? Empty Don't ya love payin' those bills???

Post  Magic 3/6/2007, 12:09 am

Finally today was sunny and warm and I have been waiting to go play golf here at the famous "Chevy Chase" golf course that has been here for 80 years and is about to be closed by the current owner because he is a jackass......

But instead I had to go to town and stop at the bank and then go pay the $300 power bill.......then back this way to the post office to get my money orders to pay $500 to the wells fargo credit card and then another $500 for the property taxes (I guess I'm lucky I get to pay a lower tax rate since I am on the permanant injured reserve)

It could be worse......I won't have to think about paying for that stuff again for a while........but then I would rather play some golf on a nice sunny day sunny

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Don't ya love payin' those bills??? Empty Re: Don't ya love payin' those bills???

Post  cravnravn 3/6/2007, 1:22 am

500 Dollar Propert Tax Bill..Try 5600 Here, and Im on IR too. The weather here sucks, it really took a turn for the worse, Hi of 30 today, we have a small snow storm brewing for tomorrow, 2-4 inches possible. After we were teased with 65 degree weather Friday and half of Saturday.

Oh well, dont forget to set those clocks forward Saturday Night!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Don't ya love payin' those bills??? Empty Re: Don't ya love payin' those bills???

Post  Guest 3/6/2007, 4:57 am

Property taxes... now you went and got me started again!

$4200 last yr., going up again this year as we update an antiquated system of property valuation. Now we're going to a market-value based system. Two year lag in valuations. Who's valuating the "market value?"
Because I'm on the golf course I pay more? Are we using the ReMax valuation method? Century 21's? Bob's real estate's?

I think its the "screw Kurt" valuation method! No wonder our foreclosure rate tops the country! No one ever knows from year to year what their costs of homeownership will be! Hard to determine what you can afford if the rules change every year! chicken_dance

Don't get me started on the adjustable rate mortgage scam! Them poor sons-a-bitches are really getting screwed! sucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 3/6/2007, 10:37 pm

I had even a better sunny day here today........BUT still no golf since the wife made me go on a shopping trip and tomorrow it is supposed to get back to the typical rain.

Yeah my property taxes are really low and in fact I'm not sure why they even dropped mine this year after I heard they would raise it since my place is in the resort area here (Port Ludlow)

The more I did over the years the more they charged!

Not sure why but they dropped the value to about $200,000

Even though I have done even more improvements........unless they consider my neighbors to be such trash that they dropped property values.

I wouldn't sell this place for under $750,000

I would hate to have to pay what you guys are paying and that is about the average cost here too.

But then maybe they feel bad about the pitiful little SS check I get each month!

Right now I am having a bit of trouble keeping my secret stash where it is.

I need to add to it since this July is our 20th anniversery and you know what that means Rolling Eyes

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/7/2007, 1:18 am

20 years eh, your still wet behind the ears Smile

So it sounds like you'll be taking a trip to the Islands
Im suggesting Paradise Island in the Bahamas, cont go wrong their Mon.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2007, 4:35 am

Nah, me be bettin dat too crowded fo de Majik-mon, Meester Cravn...

St. Martin... St. Barts... St. Johns...

or, a bit closer to the left coast... Hutalco in Mexico is nice I hear. Some of the emerging new places down Acapulco way...

OR... the big rock on the finger is good... but the vacation is good for both!

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 3/7/2007, 9:43 pm

I never could get her to go to the Islands!

She would rather go to Alaska and I would rather sleep in the freezer Rolling Eyes

I can watch ice and snow on tv!

Not sure what I will do.

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/9/2007, 4:07 pm

Holy smokes guys.........5600 For in taxes for Cravn and Kurt you pay 4200. ohshit

Damn thats alotta cake.

What kinda money you guys make..............sheesh,I thought i made good money. wtf

BTW...........I hate islands. sucks
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/9/2007, 6:27 pm

wood20ks wrote:Holy smokes guys.........5600 For in taxes for Cravn and Kurt you pay 4200. ohshit

Damn thats alotta cake.

What kinda money you guys make..............sheesh,I thought i made good money. wtf

BTW...........I hate islands. sucks

1700 a month, It seems Im in a "Hot Zone" Im only 31 miles North of Baltimore, 5 years ago when we bought my taxes were 2200 for our home and 2 acres. But its really boomed here lately, my house has went up 3x in value. Plus they put in 8 waterfront home sites less than a mile away that they sold for 1million plus, Kind of hard to believe in this rural part of PA. Oh well just hope this place holds the value for another 4 years and 3 months. Full Pension kicks in, and magic will be sending me my chips to some tropical island in the Caribbean.

How in the hell can you hate Islands Mr Bear, The Mrs and I are depressed as hell cause we had to cancel going back to the Bahamas the first week of May. Guess Ill be stuck looking at the nasty Atlantic Ocean this year.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/9/2007, 8:20 pm

$4200 & I'm on a postage stamp, not some compound like the Magic-man and the Crav-meister. I am on a golf course, though.

I'm not livin large, just making ends meet, some of the time. Pensions are so far off, shoot, I'll probably change professions before I'm thinking retirement...

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/10/2007, 2:20 am

Pensions are so far off, shoot, I'll probably change professions before I'm thinking retirement...

Work Union, Live Better!!

I don't know Kurt, I guess Im one of the goof balls that instead of worrying about wich Bar to hit next, while I was in my 20's. I was reading the Business Pages and investing with my Dad. And when I took a job, I wasn't worried about the job duties, I was more interested in the benny package. Hence the career with UPS. But I did screw up with that job. In 1978 while in High School, we had a Job Fair and UPS was one of the companies that called me back and offered me a part time position. I knew nothing of the company, didn't know they were Union. I just knew I couldnt except a PT position.. SHiiiiT that stupidity on my part just cost my pension 350.00 a month. I could of had another 10 years!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/10/2007, 3:02 pm

Islands are boring.........There is nothing to do but lay around and watch women in skimpy bikinis(although there is nothing wrong with that) booya
But to sit back on a beach and fry is just ..............well .........stupid.

My idea of a vacation would be to visit the Rockies(which I`ve done),visit different ballparks(which i`ve been to a few and seen a few) and gambling......love it.

Now the little woman would be on your`s and Kurt`s side.
Damn that sucks...........

I`ve been to Jamaica,Aruba,Ft.Lauderdale,East coast and West coast and the beaches at all places are the same.......water, women and booze.(I can handle the last two but i`m no water athlete). chug
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/10/2007, 3:07 pm

cravnravn wrote:
Pensions are so far off, shoot, I'll probably change professions before I'm thinking retirement...

Work Union, Live Better!!

I don't know Kurt, I guess Im one of the goof balls that instead of worrying about wich Bar to hit next, while I was in my 20's. I was reading the Business Pages and investing with my Dad. And when I took a job, I wasn't worried about the job duties, I was more interested in the benny package. Hence the career with UPS. But I did screw up with that job. In 1978 while in High School, we had a Job Fair and UPS was one of the companies that called me back and offered me a part time position. I knew nothing of the company, didn't know they were Union. I just knew I couldnt except a PT position.. SHiiiiT that stupidity on my part just cost my pension 350.00 a month. I could of had another 10 years!!

That was me Cravn.........In my 20`s and partying.Hell there wasn`t a weekend that we wouldn`t go out of town or state to do some drinking,buy hookers or go to ball games.Life was great.
Lets just say i was an explorer.Christopher Columbus had nothing on me........ lol

Yeah I know.............you can stop laughing now,but it`s true we bought hookers. wtf
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/10/2007, 4:35 pm

See..Im having fun now, all my worries are behind me..Fuck it, I want some Rican waiting on my lazy ass whenever they see my Ravens towel hit the Beach :D

Im sorry Mr Bear, I dont know if its living this close to the dirty Atlantic all my life..But I know my dick stays harder in the Caribbean booya
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 3/10/2007, 6:03 pm

The only good thing about those islands Cravn would be as Alan Jackson says"It`s 5 o'clock somewheres"...........
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/10/2007, 6:22 pm

Thats EXACTLY what I tell the Mrs when I wake up and pour me a "strong" bloddy mary.Extra pepper, extra celery salt please, thank you.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 3/11/2007, 4:10 pm

Live better work Union....

You a union man Cravn?

I've been a proud member of Carpenter Local 859 for about 12 years now myself..... They've been pretty damn good to me.... cheerstoyou

Now if they just change the retirement qualifications to 25 and out instead of 30 I'll be doing great.....I've been investing in a mutual fund for the last 6 years.. and with our anuity and pension I should be OK when it's time for me to hang them up....

I do think that I Need to open up a Roth though...and I'm starting to get way more interested in the stock market now....

Now if the good lord would just strike the damn IRS dead I would be VERY happy..... 2500.00 on top of my property taxes..... So much for the land of the FREE huh? laughing
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/11/2007, 6:08 pm

You a union man Cravn?

Oh Hell Heah, Teamsters Local 355 Retired, What you dont think those guys in the Brown Trucks work for free did you.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 3/11/2007, 6:13 pm

Carpenter you say 2Shock..I love carpentry..You'll have a blast building a log home..Just 1 tool of advice you"ll need, Comealong.

Hey , Im starting to club my basement, I might be hitting you up for some advice.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down