Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got to live everyday like its my last

2 posters

Go down

I got to live everyday like its my last Empty I got to live everyday like its my last

Post  cravnravn 5/18/2011, 7:30 am

Guess the writing is on the wall

The Big C took my grand mother(moms side) My father, my mother beat it 3 times, now my sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday....
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

I got to live everyday like its my last Empty Re: I got to live everyday like its my last

Post  Guest 5/18/2011, 7:53 am

Prayers are with you (and her), John. Hopefully they caught it early enough. My sister is a 25 year survivor of breast cancer and they've come a long way in having success treating it. Hang in there. Oh, and you're absolutely correct...live each day as if it's your last, seize the day, treasure the moment, and all similar thoughts apply. As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Back to top Go down

I got to live everyday like its my last Empty Re: I got to live everyday like its my last

Post  Magic 5/18/2011, 1:42 pm

Well John I shouldn't worry about that for yourself since you could also last as long as your Dad did.

My Mom pretty much left early compared to your guys parents.

But my Dad is still playing golf at 80 and he has been in and out of the hospital for 30 years now.

And as you know I have been doing the same thing since I get all the things my Dad has passed on to me.

There are so many tests now days that guys your age can be repaired most of the time.

There is even this new blood test that tells you how old your body actually is compared to your actual age (which means how long you probably would live)

I am willing to bet you will be around a lot longer than me so as long as you aren't smoking cigs when you have a beer you will be fine smile

Now as far as that bet......well send the money to Magic Jr lol

Now if your sis had this found fairly early she will be fine and live many more years because of how modern hospitals are compared to 20-30 years ago....hell better than 10 years ago.

If I would have been born in the 30's or 40's you would have had a new Treasurer here about the 2nd season and would still have to put up with Miguel lol

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/19/2011, 1:12 am

My Dad was only 65 when he was struck down, he had only been collecting social security for 9 months..Thats what the Gov't wants, thats why they wont release their miracle pill for the cure of cancer..

They are moving at lightening speed with my sister, she has her MRI scheduled for Tuesday morning.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/19/2011, 1:12 am

I am willing to bet you will be around a lot longer than me so as long as you aren't smoking cigs when you have a beer you will be fine

I wished, Im smoking like a chimney.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/19/2011, 4:12 am

cravnravn wrote:I am willing to bet you will be around a lot longer than me so as long as you aren't smoking cigs when you have a beer you will be fine

I wished, Im smoking like a chimney.

WHAT?

Johnny B you are lucky I'm not your neighbor because I would be bugging you all the time about the smoking Twisted Evil

(and looking at all your Colts stuff smile )

I thought you told me your Dad was in his 90's when I talked to you back then wtf

How long have you been burning those poison sticks??

Hell just the cost of those things are enough to stop me.

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/19/2011, 5:20 am

Christ Magic Ive been smoking 35 years, I was smoking in Indy when we were there.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/19/2011, 6:37 am

Three years off the weeds for me. And I don't miss them a bit...right (sarcasm). Chantix...another wonderful blue pill.

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/19/2011, 10:29 am

cravnravn wrote:Christ Magic Ive been smoking 35 years, I was smoking in Indy when we were there.

Hell I don't remember seeing any of our gang smoking while I was back there Cravn!!

And hell we walked all over down town and went to the bar for the beer and went on that cruise with Kurt.....and the restaurant........I usually notice a burning of the brown weed stick lol

Last time I smoked the Colts were in Baltimore laughing

Hell man you are better off smoking the ganja leaves hey_mon

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/20/2011, 1:11 am

Its a disgusting habit, and Ive tried everything except hypnosis. Chantix didnt work, that patch sometimes worked but when I got down to the lesser dosage of the nicotine, I would supplement it by lighting up..Hell watching my father get eating alive you think would have been lesson enough.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/22/2011, 5:17 am

Sorry to hear about your sis, Crav. Hey, those pink ribbons are working! I'm going with she'll be a survivor!

Quit now, Crav! I've been off the "coughin' nails" for 8 years now. I too smoked for 30+! Never felt better.

As far as "living every day like its my last? Hell, look at my life. Been doing that - (for no other reason than... no fun any other way) - for about the past 6-7 years... coincided with both kids being out of college. Funny how that works... you'd think I had all those Bennies save up in a box like the King of Concrete!

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/22/2011, 2:39 pm

ColtsKurt wrote: ... you'd think I had all those Bennies save up in a box like the King of Concrete!

Yeah I hope one of these days we will start spending some too wtf

I just never feel like I have enough saved just in case Barry Obama has us taken over by Iran ramborampage

But I don't think I could talk the wife into any flying trips anymore.

I hope to just get in the car and drive all over North America (Mexico not included shitcanned )

Plenty of things to see in the good old USA.....and Canada.

And I hear Indianapolis is an ok place to even drive to on the trip wink

The problem is leaving the Kingdom home alone Rolling Eyes

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down