Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!!

5 posters

Go down

Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!! Empty Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!!

Post  dblshockpwr 8/3/2007, 6:34 pm

LOL Boy this should be good!!

I've pretty much all but decided to go back to college full-time next semester and go ahead and get my bachelors and start on my Masters in Construction trades technology (with a project managemen specialty)

I only have about a year left if I buckle down and just do it..

I;m tired of seeing dumbasses that I KNOW that I am better than making more money than me.....In another year gentleman i will be making over six figures if everything goes right!!

And lets just say that now that I'm a little older, the beer drinking and football and poker won't be as much of a hinderance that they were when i was younger and dropped out to have fun.. LOL

I made very good money last year but abut killed myslef doing it... shocks starting to realize that heavy construction is a young mans game these days...And while i'm not as old as all of you old geezers...I'm getting there.. LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!! Empty Re: Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!!

Post  Magic 8/4/2007, 1:02 am

That is the way to go Shock!

The sooner you start to realize that the better you can do in this world.

I have always tried to get my son to see that light but he still thinks he is suppose to play golf and party all the time (he is officially the same age as I was when he was born and just 2yrs before I bought this Magic Kingdom)

He is light years away from doing that.

I have suggested my younger brother figure that out too......he owns his sheet rock company but still doesn't realize he is just supposed to tell his employees wtf to do and move on to the next high paying project.

He is 45 now and that is on the line where you better not waste time much longer.

Well......unless you can rap and make millions being a phoney bastard laughing

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!! Empty Re: Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!!

Post  wood20ks 8/4/2007, 6:37 am

You`re right 2shock.........Construction is a younger man`s game and I`m starting to feel it at the ripe old age of 45.
Hot roofing is no fun and although i make very good money,it`s taking a toll on my back and knees.
I have 10 yrs to go before I get out at 55 with 37 years of service and over 30 credit years. one_finger_salute

Thats retiring with 2 pensions,a Local 11 and the International out of Georgia..........How sweet it is going to be. cheerstoyou

So back to college and make sure you make money off of someone elses back instead of your`s.
hellyes
Good luck..........................
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/4/2007, 12:13 pm

wood20ks wrote:You`re right 2shock.........Construction is a younger man`s game and I`m starting to feel it at the ripe old age of 45.
Hot roofing is no fun and although i make very good money,it`s taking a toll on my back and knees.
I have 10 yrs to go before I get out at 55 with 37 years of service and over 30 credit years. one_finger_salute

Thats retiring with 2 pensions,a Local 11 and the International out of Georgia..........How sweet it is going to be. cheerstoyou

So back to college and make sure you make money off of someone elses back instead of your`s.
hellyes
Good luck..........................

Yeah Woods, I'm a Union carpenter (local 859 Greencastle In..) and I've been in the game long enough I can start to feel it now...of course i'll keep my card though... If it wasn't for the apprenticeship and the union wages i sure wouldn't have what I do now... and shoot if all else fails I'll still make scale no matter what so WTF is their to really lose right? I'm working at our new stadium and the overtime is starting to turn loose there as it gets closer to crunch time..(I just got off work today right now as a matter of fact.. love that long overtime green...LOL) Even though our union is talking about taking retirement age down to 25 and out.. We have a huge surplus of money in our pension fund.....(mostly because most carpenters die on the average 2 years after they retire..thats somthing to look forward too eh?)

Heh heh... yeah magic I know what you mean with the boys golf... I remember when college cut into my tee times too much too....Now I don't have ANY time to tee off anymore.. and I used to play at LEAST 3 times a week.....AND I was as mean as John Daly off the tee back then...(well maybe not quite THAT mean, but I've always been long off the tee..) I'm still failry young though... and of course If I go back I'll be sure not to schedule any classes before noon...LOL

I't kind of a scary deal though... because I did do very well last year....I was thinking about going part-time, but if you all remember back in 2001 I was in that horrendous car accident...and it's taken alot out of me...I don't know if i can do both...But I'm also scared I'll never see 30 years in the trade either because my back is getting progressively worse..(even though I can never admit it on the job..they'd have my ass out of there if they knew the truth...

Oh well we shall see... Everything will work out how it's supposed too I guess...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/5/2007, 5:01 am

Tell me I didnt luck out, when I started with UPS in 89 you only had to be 50 and then you could retire. In 1993 they changed it to 50+ 20 years of service. So Im grandfathered in as old school contract. I have 3 years and 9 months to go til my pension starts. Plus I still have 5 years of my Buy-Out settlement, that is tax free bounce

Live Better, Work Union
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 8/5/2007, 10:53 pm

Go for it, Dshock, especially if your manual labor days are numbered. If I were to go back to class, I'd have to start from scatch. It's not like I only need "two more semesters" lol

So, instead of doing that, I'm working to set up my investment accounts......a different path to the same destination Smile The market investments would be running in the background giving me a second income stream while I'm in Vegas concentrating on the craps tables clap And then after I leave Vegas and buy land, I'll still have those online market investments whereever I go hellyes

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Getting ready to go back to COLLEGE!! 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down