Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Draft

5 posters

Go down

NFL Draft Empty NFL Draft

Post  wood20ks 12/22/2007, 6:19 am

Any of you guys big college football freaks??

I was wondering which Bowl games had big time QBs that could or will be drafted this year.Colt Brennan perhaps?
The bears board brought up Brennan but I don`t have a clue about him or any college player.
I was just kind of wanting to do a little scouting for the Bears as to see who i`d take with the no.1.
I hate watching college football.(I`d rather watch Cravn go dumpster diving than watch college football). laughing
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft Empty Re: NFL Draft

Post  Administrator 12/23/2007, 12:41 am

I used to love getting into the draft, because I always felt I knew who the Colts should draft better than the front office. But after watching Polian and Dungy work their draft magic year after year, finding gems in every round, even finding undrafted rookies who become impact starters.......I just leave it to the MAN and I go about my pathetic life lol

BOOKIE CHALLENGE NFL Draft 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/23/2007, 3:35 am

matt ryan out of BC
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 12/23/2007, 3:52 am

I only catch some hilights these days and a minute or 2 when some of the Bowl games are on the tube.

But I have been seeing Colt Brennan hilights (Hawaii) and the first thing I think is.....it sure would be cool if my Colts could draft him as Peytons backup until Peyton finally retires in the distant future.

By then Colt will have plenty of years to study the game and would be better than Sorgi when it comes to holding the clip board.

Colt Brennan the Colts QB of the future hellyes

(just one of my wide awake dreams wink )

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8779
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/23/2007, 4:04 am

You have to be leary drafting anybody out of the WAC. They play no defense in that division, Pay-A-Ton is an old man 10th year in the league, so you'all better be looking for a replacement for Manning
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/23/2007, 6:12 am

Who the hell is matt Ryan??

How about this McFadden?

Runningbacks and QBs are who I`m interested.So if you know if any would e cool.

Thanks
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 12/23/2007, 10:10 am

Matt Ryan is the QB out of Boston College. Strong arm, pocket type QB, I believe he is 6'4" 220 or something like that. Can play in the bad weather as well.

Colt Brennan is a bit small, he throws side arm a bit which may get batted down in the pros. He is accurate, will have questions about durability. He throws big numbers up there but he plays in the WAC and the run n shoot. Could be a Montana type player, but with the side arm motion could have some problems with it sailing on him as well. Great presence though, and he is a gamer.

John David Booty Southern California tweener in size 6'2" 210. He has some mobility, comes out of a pro set offense, but has a side arm motion as well and has problems with batted balls. Strong arm, but his touch isn't where it should be. Possibly a 3rd to 4th round pick.

Brian Brohm out of Louisville.....If he had come out LAST YEAR, he very well could have been the #1 pick. Was rated the highest QB in this draft at the beginning of the year, however, his team struggled. He had a porous O line this year, but he could possibly be the best out of the bunch, and could be the first QB taken. He has size, strength, touch, in other words he has it all.

Andre Woodson out of Kentucky. Strong arm, mobile, and big. He has all the tools and should be a 1st round pick as well.

Others, Rudy Carpenter out of ASU, a bit small, mobile, tough, remind you of some other QB out of ASU in the not too distant past?

Chad Henne out of Michigan. Again, he is a gamer, but he was hurt most of the year so his stock is down. Had he been healthy all year, chances are he would have some serious Heisman hype. Injuries to him, Hart the running back and his receivers killed his year. Could be late 1st round to early second depending on how he tests and how he does in the Bowl game if he even plays. Obviously questions about durability, but he is an athlete who can make all the throws.

You asked about McFadden? Think Adrian Peterson, but FASTER. I don't know if he is as strong as AP, but the kid is a baller. He is a junior but likely to come out because of length of career as a RB in the NFL.

PJ Hill out of Wisconsin may be coming out, he is a big back, bruiser. I think he is a senior, but not sure. Reminds me of Maroney.

Mike Hart-Michigan. The guy is smallish but he is tough. Don't know if he has the speed for the next level though. If he stays healthy and runs a good 40, he will be a 1st round pick. If not, 3rd to 4th round.

Ryan Torrain-Arizona St. Tough runner, late bloomer, could surprise people in the NFL, the kid is tough.

Jonathan Stewart out of Oregon, if he comes out (isn't likely), he could be a high first round pick. Big, tough, AND fast. He has all the tools to be successful at the next level.

Ray Rice from Rutgers is a very good back and will get a look in the 1st round (but, again he is another junior that may stay), as will Kevin Smith out of Central Florida (another junior that may or may not be staying).

All in all, a weak year for RB's in the draft. If some juniors come out, then there will be some talent. Chauncey Washington out of SoCal is going to be a steal for some team down the road (think Lendale White, a bit smaller, but faster), Yvenson Bernard out of Oregon St. is another big back that is very good as well.

I am sure there are more out there, but that is a breakdown on what I know.

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/24/2007, 12:33 pm

I wish the Bears could grab Jonathan Stewart out of Oregon or Brian Brohm from Louisville. I think those are going to be the best QB and RB (if Stewart leaves early).

I read some mock drafts and I think ESPN has the Bears selecting that big CB from South Florida because he can play the safety position and has great speed, tackling abilities.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears select:
1st Round: Brohm
2nd Round: OL
3rd Round: WR or Safety
4th Round: OL

Get some new blood there on the offensive line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/24/2007, 12:36 pm

Of course, I've also heard that there is a strong chance that McNabb will sign with the Bears in the offseason (being a free agent and Chicago-native). If that is the case, I would like to see...

1st Round: Best OL, WR, or RB on board.
2nd Round: Safety
3rd Round: OL
3rd Round: RB

I forgot we have 2 3rd round picks.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/24/2007, 2:07 pm

NFL Draft 1-23

Im in love
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/24/2007, 2:08 pm

mlitney wrote:Of course, I've also heard that there is a strong chance that McNabb will sign with the Bears in the offseason (being a free agent and Chicago-native). If that is the case, I would like to see...

Matt we are hearing the same rumors in B-More, all honestly I hope McNappy goes to Chicago. we'll get a top 5 pick, I want us to take Matt Ryan
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/24/2007, 6:12 pm

damn, birdsy... got any other comments to offer? Good lord, man, what the hell are you? An NFL player personnel rep or something? That's the best breakdown I've seen yet...

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/27/2007, 4:09 am

[quote="ColtsKurt"]damn, birdsy... got any other comments to offer? Good lord, man, what the hell are you? An NFL player personnel rep or something? That's the best breakdown I've seen yet...[/quot

hahaha thats what I was thinking CK..........
Sounds to me Birds just sits around all weekend and watches College and the NFL.......
Birds do you have a spot worn in the couch from all that?lol

But seriously thanks for the info.
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/27/2007, 4:13 am

mlitney wrote:Of course, I've also heard that there is a strong chance that McNabb will sign with the Bears in the offseason (being a free agent and Chicago-native). If that is the case, I would like to see...

What do you think about that mcFadden character?
Is he even available in the draft?
I would like to see a rb 1st and foremost then some linemen and even a wr.(after Mosse`s drop Sunday,he must go).
But it will be easier to tell what we need after free agency signings.
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/27/2007, 4:17 am

Sfter reading Birds insight of players,I kinda like the sound of Ryan,Brohm and McFadden.

One of those 3 would suit me fine I expect..........And the waiting April`s draft is so distant. dammit
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/30/2007, 2:53 am

Most of the current mock drafts that I've seen from the "experts" have the Bears taking Andre Woodson, the QB from Kentucky which would be great.

# Andre Woodson, Kentucky
Height: 6-5. Weight: 230.
40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round: Top 15 Pick.
Andre' Woodson was 20-of-29 for 250 yards and three touchdowns, still very accurate, showing last season wasn't a fluke. However, he did a few things that bothered me. He still held on to the football too long a few times instead of throwing it away. I thought he would improve on this, one of his biggest weaknesses. He missed one throw high to Keenan Burton on an out route. When he misses throws, he missses them high. I think an NFL coach might be able to fix this. -- Matt McGuire.

Looks like a lot of people are hopping aboard the Woodson bandwagon. I moved him up to No. 2 on my quarterback rankings.

Very underrated. No one knows who he is, yet he led the SEC in passing yards. Threw 31 TDs and just 7 INTs, completing 63 percent of his passes in the process. Was 26-of-37 for 210 yards and a touchdown at Florida.

31 TD with 7 picks at a 63% clip in the SEC is pretty damn good.

Comparatively, Matt Ryan threw like 28 TD's and 18 picks in the ACC which isn't exactly know for defense (except maybe VT).

McFadden will definitely be a top 5 pick so I wouldn't expect the Bears to grab him. I think the RB's are pretty deep this year. There are probably about 10 of them that would be an improvement over Benson/Peterson. I could see the Bears taking Tashard Choice or Ray Rice in the 2nd round.

# Darren McFadden*, Arkansas (8/12)
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round: Top 3 Pick.
Looks like the 2008 season will be Darren McFadden's last as a Razorback. His mom gave away a little too much to ESPN reporters. "He told me, 'Mom, I'll be through in December,'" she said. "I said, 'What you mean?' He said, 'I'll be through.' That's what he told me."

Shared carries with Felix Jones and still ran for 1,647 yards and 14 TDs, gaining 5.8 yards per carry. As of summer 2007, Darren McFadden's the top prospect in the draft. He caught only 11 passes (149 yards, 1 TD) last year, so I'd like to see that aspect of his game improve.

# Jonathan Stewart*, Oregon (10/28)
Height: 5-11. Weight: 230.
40 Time: 4.49.
Jonathan Stewart carried the ball just 15 times at Michigan, but he gained 113 yards and a touchdown in the process. His Jerome Bettis style of running could entice the Steelers or Falcons to draft him early.

Currently the best big back projected to go in the 2008 Draft. Rushed for 981 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2006. Stewart became a bigger threat in the passing game last year, increasing his receptions from seven to 20.

# Rashard Mendenhall*, Illinois (12/1)
Height: 5-11. Weight: 224.
40 Time: 4.43.
Lots of potential here. Rashard Mendenhall, who has both size and power (see his attributes), is averaging seven yards per carry through four games in 2007. Mendenhall trampled Indiana for 214 yards on 27 rushes. He has 10 receptions this year.

# Felix Jones*, Arkansas
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
40 Time: 4.36.
Projected Round: Top 20 Pick.
The team that drafts Felix Jones will be getting an excellent running back and kick returner. Gained an amazing 7.6 yards per carry in 2006. Jones should wait until Darren McFadden's gone and he's the sole ball-carrier to enter the NFL Draft, even though he had a higher yards-per-carry average than his teammate.

# Kevin Smith*, Central Florida (12/1)
Height: 6-1. Weight: 211.
40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round: Top 20 Pick.
Talk about literally carrying a team - through the beginning of November, Kevin Smith has 1,448 rushing yards, 17 receptions and 19 total touchdowns. His 40 time is solid considering his size. Don't look at his weak conference either; Smith gashed Texas for 149 yards and two scores on 27 carries.

# Steve Slaton*, West Virginia
Height: 5-10. Weight: 195.
40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round: 1-2.
Steve Slaton scored 33 touchdowns his first two seasons and averaged seven yards per carry in 2006. Great at catching the ball out of the backfield, Slaton registered 27 receptions and 360 receiving yards. Always a threat to score; had a 40-yard run in eight of his 13 games in 2006.

# Ray Rice*, Rutgers (10/19)
Height: 5-9. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round: 1-2.
Ray Rice has shown the durability I questioned, as he carried the ball more than 60 times in the span of five days. His performance against South Florida moves him up.

After catching only four passes in 2006, Rice already has five receptions through three games this season. If NFL coaches and general managers determine that Rice can be a decent pass-catcher out of the backfield, he may go in the top 25.

Rice had 1,794 yards, 20 touchdowns in 2006, gaining a yards-per-carry average of 5.4. Not bad. Besides his small frame, the thing that hurts Rice's draft stock a bit is the fact that he's currently one-dimensional; he caught only four passes last year.

Check out NFL Draft Dog's Scouting Report on Ray Rice.

# Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round: 2.
Tashard Choice looked great against Notre Dame, compiling 196 yards and two touchdowns on just 26 carries. Choice's size-40 combination is better than Mike Hart's and Ray Rice's.

Averaged 100 yards per game during conference play, rushing for 1,473 yards and 12 TDs. How will he perform without Calvin Johnson?

# Chris Johnson, East Carolina (7/30)
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200.
40 Time: 4.20.
Projected Round: 2.
No, that's not a misprint. Chris Johnson has run a 4.20 in the 40. But can he play football? The 106 rushing yards and two touchdowns he accumulated against Memphis say he can. The 35 receptions he garnered in 2005 agree. At 200 pounds, if Johnson can either match or improve upon his 4.20, he'll be a second-round pick.

# Mike Hart, Michigan (9/one_finger_salute
Height: 5-9. Weight: 202.
40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round: 2-3.
Michigan is playing like garbage right now, but don't blame Mike Hart; the shifty and powerful runner gained 128 yards on 25 carries against Oregon.

Injury prone, but if he's healthy, Mike Hart's as good as anyone. Rushed for 1,562 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2006.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/30/2007, 3:42 am

Comparatively, Matt Ryan threw like 28 TD's and 18 picks in the ACC which isn't exactly know for defense (except maybe VT).

Excuse me, the ACC is a damn good league, why do you think all the other teams wanted to get into our conference?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=DEFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallRushYpg&dir=ascending

ACC has 10 teams in the top 50 in total D
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down