Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?!

3 posters

Go down

Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?! Empty Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?!

Post  dblshockpwr 11/17/2007, 7:31 pm

So we go to the Bucket game...(the grea IU, Purdue rivalry game for non big-ten folks..)

And my friend and I took his son and 2 other kids from our team this year that did really well...

Well one of the boys dads played football for IU back in the Anthony Thompson days.

So We get a cell phone call in the 1rst quarter, and it is ANHONY THOMPSON who is looking for us, We met him at the players entrance and he tool us and the kids to the Varsity Club, and we got to watch the game at FIELD level as Anthony Thompsons special guests. He also took us and the kids on a tour of the athletic department, hooked us up with dinner and he made those kids night. He gave all of them hats and kids jerseys and told our young players what they needed to do to be athletes... Told them about how important good grades are and working hard to meet your goals and not to give in to the temtations that will come along and they would have a chance to have one of those lockers.... The kids got to meet the players and the one kid who just LOVES James Hardy got to meet his idol...and he was a really nice young man who was great with the kids as well.

Plus we got to see a darn good football game.

It's great to know there are still some gentlemen who care about the kids!!
Imagine a guy who just got inducted into the college football HFA taking time out of his busiest day of the season to make this so special for these young men.

Awesome time....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?! Empty Re: Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?!

Post  dblshockpwr 11/17/2007, 7:47 pm

Sorry not HFA, bit Hall of Fame...

For the folks that aren't familier with his accomplishment... he was the NCAA's single game leading rusher with well over 300 yards in a game, and finished 2nd in the heisman trophy voting his senior year, and was the NCAA's career rushing TD"S leader for MANY years until Ricky Williams finally broke his record in his senior year... A real gentleman of the game and is GREAT with the young kids...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?! Empty Re: Now just how fucking cool is this??!!?!?!

Post  Guest 11/17/2007, 8:15 pm

Outstanding! hellyes

Don't know if I've mentioned this, 2shock, but my daughter-in-law's uncle is Bill Lynch. Her "favorite" cousin is Billy Lynch. I am so happy IU won...
not because I care about IU, but so Lynch and the Hoosiers could attain Hep's goal, a bowl game. clap

Glad to hear the kids had a memorable experience... you too! king

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/17/2007, 8:33 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Outstanding! hellyes

Don't know if I've mentioned this, 2shock, but my daughter-in-law's uncle is Bill Lynch. Her "favorite" cousin is Billy Lynch. I am so happy IU won...
not because I care about IU, but so Lynch and the Hoosiers could attain Hep's goal, a bowl game. clap

Glad to hear the kids had a memorable experience... you too! king

yes, coach Hep was an outstanding man, and he would be very happy right now.... I used to go to some high level football camps back when I was a young man, (I played some Div 1 ball myself) and was always on coach heps squad for the 2 years I went to the high impact camp when he was at Miami Ohio... he was a very good man and a very good coach that was taken from us WAY too soon.

I hope Lynch can can carry on his legacy there. A great win for the Hossiers today. (even though I spent some time at PU and Southern Illinois before I got stupid and quit school..)
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/17/2007, 10:05 pm

heh heh heh......those kinds of memories last all your life and make an impact. You end up thinking about great memories like that at the craziest times.....during a hot date, during hot sex, ect ect.

Those kinds of memories also gives kids a sense of confidence that stays with them all their life hellyes

You're doing a good work, Dshock sunny
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/18/2007, 6:09 am

mighty_colts wrote:heh heh heh......those kinds of memories last all your life and make an impact. You end up thinking about great memories like that at the craziest times.....during a hot date, during hot sex, ect ect.

Those kinds of memories also gives kids a sense of confidence that stays with them all their life hellyes

You're doing a good work, Dshock sunny

I really hope so Mighty, I am really trying to do everything I can to make sure these kids don't make the mistakes I did when I was in my teen years...

I truly think the 3 kids that we took to the game can be very succesful if they put their minds to it and develop into very good young men and players... if they fail it's not going to be because they didn't have a support system...

It's been an awesome thing for me getting back into coaching....shoot I'm thining it might be time to settle down and have some kids of my own now.....

They've probably helped me more than I've helped them to be honest LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 11/18/2007, 10:06 am

Great story.

As for coaching, I love to coach, but don't think I can do football again. Too much time, not enough sleep, and not enough tools to help me GET some sleep. I burn out 2 vcr's watching tape a season, get 2 to 4 hours of sleep a night (if I am lucky), and obsess on it all day. Love the chess match of it all, but my mind doesn't shut off. As for basketball, other than when we lose a game I know we should have won, I sleep like a baby at night and I only think about it for about 2 to 3 hours a day.

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down