Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This really is cool...

4 posters

Go down

This really is cool... Empty This really is cool...

Post  Guest 9/19/2006, 12:36 pm

No details necessary, but I just want to say how cool it is to be a part of all this. one_finger_salute

All these people, from all across the country, chatting back and forth...
helping a total stranger out... wishing well and in some cases providing an outlet.

Its cool. Its fun. Just makes it all that much better. hellyes

Thank you.

Now... back to kicking all yo pitiful asses! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

This really is cool... Empty Re: This really is cool...

Post  Guest 9/19/2006, 12:39 pm

did I mention how next to BLUE...

Green is my favorite color? If you don't believe me... go look at the results page.

Bwahahahahahahahahahah!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/19/2006, 1:39 pm

As to ColtsKurt, this is the kind of player we're dealing with, folks:

A man walks into an insurance office and asks for a job.
"We don't need any one," they replied.
"You can't afford not to hire me. I can sell anyone anytime any thing."
"We have two prospects that no one has been able to sell. If you can sell just one, you have a job."

He was gone for about two hours and returned and handed them two checks, one for an $80,000 policy and another for a $50,000 policy.
"How in the world did you do that," they asked.
"I told you I'm the world's best salesman, I can sell anyone anywhere anytime."
"Did you get a urine sample?" they asked him.
"What's that?" he asked. "Well, if you sell a policy over $40,000 the company requires a urine sample. Take these two bottles and go back and get urine samples."

He was gone for about eight hours and then he walks in with two five gallon buckets, one in each hand. He sets the buckets down and reaches in his shirt pocket and produces two bottles of urine and sets them on the desk and says, "Here's Mr. Brown's and this one is Mr. Smith's."
"That's good," they said, "but what's in those two buckets?"
"Well, I passed by the school house and they were having a state teachers convention and I sold them a group policy!"

Or, better yet:
Mr. John Johnson III, was a rich old man was dying from a rare disease. On his deathbed, he called for his insurance agent, doctor and preacher:

"I trusted each you my entire life. Now I want to give each of you $30,000 cash in an envelope to put in my grave. I want to take it with me."

Mr. Johnson died and at the funeral, each one placed the envelope on top of the man, then he was laid to rest.

On the way from the funeral, in the limo, the doctor confessed "I must tell you gentlemen, I only put $20,000 on top of Mr. Johnson, I wanted buy this new machine that would enable me to diagnose his rare disease and save others. It's what he would have wanted."

Then the preacher said: "I have to confess, I only put $10,000 on top of Mr. Johnson. We needed that money to help more homeless, and it's what Mr. Johnson would've wanted"

The insurance agent was angry at both the man, and said: "I can't believe both of you, stealing from a dead man. I wrote Mr. Johnson a check for the full $30,000!"

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/19/2006, 5:43 pm

I agree with you on that Kurt and am glad to have you join our group.........I imagine we will find more good people to join in each season.........at least I think there are some other sane people out there smile

It was great talking to you on the phone today too and I hope to get back to Indy for another visit when the new place is built and go watch our Colts play and get another chance to check out Indianapolis again (except Shula's restaurant)

king

(btw Blueshoes wants more insurance wink )

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 9/20/2006, 3:03 am

LOL at Shulas Restuarant..We have one in Baltimore at The Omni Hotel, I won 2 tickets for dinner at their grand opening black tie affair event..I think Shula was pissed because I had so much stuff for him to autograph booya
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/20/2006, 8:17 pm

SHULA'S!!!

Oh damn Magic, if you want a damn good steak in Indy you have to go to St. Elmos!!

Best damn steakhouse in Indy.... Now if you want to travel a little out of the way, go to the Beefhouse in Covington. best steaks i have ever had in my life out there.. And they even serve up the famous 72oz steaks LOL!

If you get back to Indy let me know bro! You can hit St Elmos for a great steak, then head to the Slippery Noodle Inn for some laid back Blues..Then hit The Red Garter to see some of Indy's little stripper girls.... All in a few blocks of the game LOL

How's the sattelite connection working? Still happy with it?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/20/2006, 9:15 pm

LOL....yeah that Shula's I saw in Indy was close to the Omni I was staying at and we just walked by (and I flipped it the bird) and I remember seeing the Slippery Noodle Inn and a sports bar but the wife didn't want to go in there so we just had dinners at the Omni Hotel since it was a nice place and no people to make a bunch of noise.

I love this Wildblue satellite ISP so far (20 times faster than dialup to send/recieve pics and data) but right now I am having a problem because I just had a new dual processor pc delivered today and I have been trying for hours and I can't get the damn thing online with the dish and my router is supposed to run 5 pc's and right now I just have 2 running and I even tried to run the new one by itself and still no luck.

I called the place and they were no help so I just emailed the guy that installed the system to see if he will drive over here and figure out WTF is wrong.

Sure would be nice to run a P4 3.2 dual processor pc on this dish hammerhead

(yeah it gave me a headache tonight bluehoo )

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkfan8812 9/22/2006, 1:51 pm

This really is cool... Misc151
hawkfan8812
hawkfan8812
Retired

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down