Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink

3 posters

Go down

Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink Empty Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink

Post  cravnravn 9/16/2007, 5:34 am

You'll see why, even today as the Ravens play their NFL home opener against the New York Jets, thousands of fans will stop in front of Unitas' bronze statue outside M&T Bank Stadium, reach out and rub his left shoe, hoping for a little bit of luck.

"A friend of mine told me once he was down by my dad's statue before a Baltimore-Pittsburgh game, and one of the Steelers fans walked up and spit on it," says Chris Unitas, one of Unitas' four sons from his first marriage. "About two seconds later, a Baltimore guy goes up and just cold-cocks him, just knocks him out with one punch. The guy was lying there on the ground and people were just walking by, stepping right over him, pretending not to notice. I had to laugh at that."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.johnnyunitas16sep16,0,1276675.story
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink Empty Re: Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink

Post  Guest 9/16/2007, 6:33 am

Oakland of the east would be the best analogy from that description... Twisted Evil

a lot to bve proud of, Crav... Rolling Eyes

At the Colts game, my seats are right on the aisle, right where the "tunnel" from the concourse enters the playing field area. I made a comment to a Saints fan in jersey, who was standing right next to me watching the game, that he was going to have to move on. (I didn't want an opposing fan standing there, in my house...) He got all bent, I just said I didn't want to hear it.. MOVE ON! The ushers just kind of stood there... not knowing what to do. Then the guy started talking shit, saying come here and say it to my face... I said "what, 12 inches wasn't close enough? Have a good trip home, thanks for spending you money here, c'mon back next year for another ass whooping..." Well, now the drunk is getting out of control. I just smiled, said to the ushers "that's why you need to keep the riff-raff out" and watched the guy get ushered away. clap

That's about as hostile as we get here in Indy, Crav. No cold cocking, no fights over a game, no being led away to the pokey after having spent $100's of dollars. angel

Besides, I'm too old to get into a rumble at a Colts game. lol

Back to top Go down

Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink Empty Re: Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink

Post  cravnravn 9/16/2007, 10:05 am

Oakland of the east would be the best analogy from that description... Twisted Evil

a lot to bve proud of, Crav.

Horses Ass Kurt, You DO NOT DISRESPECT the Greates QB to ever lace em up, statue. I'd probably be typing this from my cell If I would have witnessed that.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/16/2007, 4:41 pm

You know I would do the same thing Cravn........but I started with Johnny Unitas and he will always be the Golden Arm but when all is said and done I will be putting Manning and Harrison ahead of Unitas and Berry and Jones to Carr...........defense and RB's is another story though.

Have you heard anything about Artie lately?????

Btw you wop......it is cappuccino!!!!

You outta know that man smile

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 9/17/2007, 1:15 am

Cravn.......tsk tsk tsk.

Thou art the Defender of the Faith.

But hast thou not heard the Good News??

Hast thou not seen the Signs??

Hast thou not understood the Dawning of the Age of Apocolypse?

Surely thoust hast witnessed the Second Coming of the Golden Arm??? The Resurrection of Johnny Unitas??? The Reincarnation of #19.

Yes, Cravn.....He has Returned. His name is Peyton Manning....the Man with the Horseshoe on the Helmet.

hellyes

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Magic, grab your Cafe Latte or whatever you drink 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down