Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats up guys?

4 posters

Go down

Whats up guys? Empty Whats up guys?

Post  Guest 9/14/2006, 3:51 pm

Hey, I posted something on the old site but didn't know you guys had this forum page here.

Sorry I couldn't participate this year but I just joined the Air Force Reserves and will be in training until April. I really don't know how much internet access I'll have to wait until next year. But I will definitely be back so don't get too happy just yet. Just in case you guys were wondering, I joined the USAF because I'm a senior in college and don't have the money to finish and this was the best option I had. I'll be checking the site whenever I get the chance.

Good luck to everyone this year.
And before I go... here's a dancing banana... booya

Back to top Go down

Whats up guys? Empty Re: Whats up guys?

Post  cravnravn 9/14/2006, 4:01 pm

High Ya Matt, we were wondering about you..Hey Man Good Luck in your adventures..

One other thing

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/14/2006, 9:02 pm

well said, Cravn...

Learn well and take care, Lit.

clap

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/14/2006, 11:03 pm

Good to hear from you again Matt (I replied to you on the other board too) fireworks ya know smile

Like I said before you are welcome to stop by when you get a chance and it would be great to have you back again next season king
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 9/15/2006, 9:23 am

Howdy, Matt

Air Force, eh? Awesome. I went to the AF recruiter's office when I was 18....wanted to Get Jets. Or is that the Navy......hmmmmmm

Anyway, I wanted Get My Wings. They said no. I said goodbye. Now I wish I had signed up anyway bluehoo

Hopefully they'll help you finish your last year.....but I can't understand why you consider your future to be more important than the Bookie Challenge!!

????

How dare you!! booya

See you next year sunny
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/17/2006, 12:40 am

thanks guys, I actually don't leave until Oct 10 so I have a little time until I get turned into this... rambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/17/2006, 9:48 am

Best of luck with the AF, mlit!

I enlisted in 1967 (during Viet Nam). Took the tests and aced them and the recruiter said "What do you want to do in the AF?" I quickly replied, "What AREN'T they using in Viet Nam?". He answered, "Well, they aren't using nuclear weapons in 'Nam." "Good!", says I. "I'll take nuclear weapons!" I ended up working on an air-launched guided missle (which carried a nuclear warhead) for four years. Spent the whole time, after tech school, in northern Michigan on the Canadian border as part of SAC ("Peace is our profession."). It was cold as Cravn's going to be in this year's BC but it wasn't Viet Nam!

happy2

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/17/2006, 2:10 pm

Too bad you can't play this year!

But congrats on the Air Force, good to know they are getting a good man..

Hell my uncle retired from the Air Force and does pretty damn well for himself...

Good luck to you and be careful.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/19/2006, 7:15 pm

Thanks, I did alright on the ASVAB (scored a 95 out of 99) so I got my choice of any job as well. Unfortunately there aren't many choices because the Air Force Reserves have filled 110% of their recruit quota for the next 2 years. I'm doing Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems. Its one of the only thing that will allow me to work in a warehouse instead of being in a tight spot on the plane fixing things. Hopefully I can finish my college degree before I'm 26 so I can apply to be a pilot. That would be frickin sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down