Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listen Up!

4 posters

Go down

Listen Up! Empty Listen Up!

Post  Guest 8/31/2017, 6:16 am

Bookie Challenge Peeps,

It is with sadness that I'd like to inform you that I will not be participating in the Bookie Challenge this year.  Age-related "issues" are creeping in on me (no snide remarks, please, until you find yourself approaching 72).  With a lot unknowns facing me, I'm not comfortable that I will be able to meet a weekly commitment to do the work on the challenge grids, standings, etc.  That and a waning interest in the NFL and how it's evolving combine to make me "retire" from the challenge.  Seems like the best time to cut the cord is prior to season start so as to not upset things mid-season.

Magic, in his usual manner, will be running things and I have confidence he'll do a wonderful job.  Thank you, fellow participants, for some wonderful years of entertainment, friendly banter, ribbing, and challenge.

Blue

Back to top Go down

Listen Up! Empty Re: Listen Up!

Post  Magic 8/31/2017, 3:32 pm

Well I sure hope all of our members take a minute to read that Norm not to mention get going with the start of things this season.

But as I said before thanks for all your help over the years and of course as I mentioned before you just happen to be the very first human I had a discussion with on the WWW back on that old NFL.com/go.com website on the Colts thread where several of us all started (and when we first saw the gambler from AZ aka mighty_colts lol

I will take care of everything........I don't have a Comcast cable account but not many humans have spent as much time doing programming and data processing and building computers so I will have the new stats page in living color (you know how I tend to be that way)

And I am pretty sure (I do save copies of emails so I have some of those from 2000) that I told them all of other updates I have planned for the regular season since I wanted to change that before since some members want that and now without Garth I don't have to ask.

Since I have 9 computers here running 24/7 I tend to be on one especially when football season starts and the rain starts to fall here.........of course always stop by to visit if you get a chance and you know how I still have that one email address since 1999

Take it easy and relax every minute of the day and have fun.....and you can do all the traveling for me since I probably won't be doing any of that in the future.

I will drink to that .....and put whatever you like the most in that bottle lol

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8780
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/1/2017, 9:23 pm

Wow, step away for a few days and look what happens...

Norm, We'll miss you. As Magic said, thanks for all you have done. clap
Thanks for taking that raincheck and coming to town... how many years back? cheerstoyou
(I'm not good with years... Magic/John what year did you guys come?)

We'll be in touch.

For the "newer-bies" here, we're losing one of the best.

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 9/1/2017, 10:48 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Wow, step away for a few days and look what happens...

Norm, We'll miss you.  As Magic said, thanks for all you have done.  clap
Thanks for taking that raincheck and coming to town... how many years back?  cheerstoyou
(I'm not good with years... Magic/John what year did you guys come?)

We'll be in touch.

For the "newer-bies" here, we're losing one of the best.  

I think it was 2009 when the Raven and I paid you that visit.....I am about like you as far as remembering years laughing

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8780
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 9/2/2017, 9:05 am

Norm, it has been a pleasure competing with you in the Bookie Challenge. Always gracious and level headed. Where will we ever find someone like that again ... I respect your decision but just remember where here if you change your mind next year. Do feel free to check in along the way as I'm sure you were planning on ..

=SA=
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 9/2/2017, 2:56 pm

I make my triumphant return and now I see this. Gonna miss you Blue!
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  arkman40 9/6/2017, 6:14 am

Norm, you will truly be missed. Your efforts on behalf of the Bookie Challenge have been much appreciated by us assholes that just come along for the ride every year smile

Godspeed and good health my friend! cheerstoyou
arkman40
arkman40
Retired

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down