Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey 2Shock

2 posters

Go down

Hey 2Shock Empty Hey 2Shock

Post  cravnravn 1/19/2007, 4:33 am

I cant find the post about you inquiring about my home..Im a showhome for Amerlink Log Homes. Feel free to browse their site, If interested let me know, Ill split my commission with you if you buy..If you have any questions feel free to fire away at me.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hey 2Shock Empty Re: Hey 2Shock

Post  dblshockpwr 1/19/2007, 1:43 pm

Right on Cravn....

As long as you lift your curse... drinkbeer drinkbeer
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/19/2007, 3:53 pm

Guess it would help if I shot you a link whoa

http://www.amerlink.com/Home/index.cfm
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/19/2007, 4:18 pm

cravnravn wrote:Guess it would help if I shot you a link whoa

http://www.amerlink.com/Home/index.cfm

Thanks Cravn, I'll go over the floorplans tonight and see what catches my eye.... I've never built one but from what I can see alot of it is making sure the logs are stacked and fastened correctly.. And if I remember right the thins are pretty much built in place at the home "factory" (for lack of a better word) and then numbered and pretty much ready for assembly on the jobsite when they are shipped.

Does amerlink handle construction loans if you act as your own general contractor? Or would I have to get my own financing?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/20/2007, 2:04 am

Yes the logs are numbered and assembled at their plant in NC. I guarantee you that there are enough 18 inch anchor bolts screwed into the logs, probably about 800 pounds worth.

Its well worth the additional monies to pay to have the logs kiln dried minimizing log shrinkage. My home only settled 1 inch, compared to non kiln dried logs that will shrink 3-5 inches and give you a world of trouble at your doors and windows.

The Mrs choose the model The Addison plus we tacked on a 24x24 Garage. You can make any interior changes you want, the origional plans in the Addison called for a smaller loft off the 2nd floor, floor plans, she changed it to extend out over the kitchen entirely. We shrunk down the walk in closet, expanded the Master Bathroom so she could get one of those fancy whirlpool tubs in there.

If I were to do it again, I would look at the plans for "Cascade" that looks sweet, now that Ive been in our home for 5 years, I want more glass.

Yeah you'll have to secure your financing, dont get discouraged alot of Banks wont finance Log Homes, but there are banks out there that will.
For a big name Bank try M&T Bank they held my mortgage til I refinanced 2 years ago.

Word to the wise..You know how its gorgeous to walk on and see 26 foot cathedral ceilings and nothing but wood, well this time of the year it absolutely fucking sucks.The fucking heat is on non-stop. I have a 56" industrial ceiling fan , bu the time the heat gets knocked back down its cold air!! So be careful how much openess you want.

And yes I was the GC. Heres a hint, pick out your desired plans, look at the price, double that price and have a Log home builder put it up. DONT GET JUST ANY JOE SCHMOE CONTRACTOR, because if Joe Schmoe dosent put in every single one of your settlement slides, you'll be fucked. I think my kit was 45,000, so my builder charged me 45,000. Then you step in and do what you do best,

Me and Drew we did the stone work, the tile work, we ran the wires for the electricity but let the builder do all the connections. Decks..I have 2 that support the roof, my builder wanted 16,000 to put up the decks, Drew the Mrs and I did the decks.

Theres a place in Baltimore that has a once every 3 months home supply auction, you can bid on anything there you want, top of the line stuff too, not cheap shit. thats where we saved a ton of money.That whirlpool tub in the MB at Home Depot and Lowes they sell for 1500.00 at the auction I got it for 350.00, still in the crate. The boards for the decking at the auction went for 50 cents a board. At the store 5 quarter board is pricey. My decks are 8ft wide by 125' long total.

So depending on how handy you are, you can save a ton of $$$$. So with this project, My final settlement we financed 139,000, my Tax bill came in August and it was valued at 380,000. Boy I cant wait to sell Smile
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/20/2007, 11:11 am

LOL

Well cravn, lots and lots of info there buddy!

I did look at some of the plans and I did like the Cimmaron floor plan.. (I like the glass and the open spaces...)

Of course I'd probably build the place myself buddy...my degree is in construction trades management.... If I can build Cirlcle Center Mall, lots of schools, Mel Simons house(owner of the Pacers) and the new stadium... I think I can handle the log homes... cheerstoyou cheerstoyou I've been in the Carpenters Union for over a decade.. I'm sure it's tricky but I can handle it if I decide to go that route..(plus I only trust myself to make sure things are done right.. I'm VERY picky about craftsmanship)

Of course I've got to find my "forever" land first... My bid for the 12 acres I was looking at was the 2nd highest bid they got and the other folks got it... So I'm still looking for the place I want...

Hey... Have you thought about getting one of the boiler heaters for your place.. (looks like a metal shed I guess, but heats with wood..) My sister and brother in law put one in at their place and it's saved them lots of money..(they have to use the propane tank for the furnace, stove WH etc...) They went from using like 3 or 4 HUGE tanks a year to 1...it's saved them ALOT of money... there place is right around 3000 sq ft.

We have the same kinds of auctions here that you were talking about, PEAK auction is one of the really big ones, they do have some great deals...Thanks Cravn, I'll check it out some more this week... I have a couple friends in town for the game so I'm "entertaining" this weekend..(translation.. drinking lots of beer and carousing..)

Now about that curse... LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/20/2007, 1:55 pm

Hey... Have you thought about getting one of the boiler heaters for your place.. (looks like a metal shed I guess, but heats with wood..)

LOL, I was just looking at those...I have enough wood around here to burn down Malibu...Im seriously considering the investment since I screwed up and figured Oil was the way to go 5 years ago, hell in the summer I paid 69 cents a gallon, now Im locked in at 2.59 a gallon..FUKKIN BUSH YOU COCK SUCKER!!!!

They advertise those units for 3500.00 here, Im seriously debating the change over.

hey Shock, let us know if you need any help or advise with a wood home..Drew and I love this place and my youngest at 16 is in wood shot and loves working with it to.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down