Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic..

3 posters

Go down

Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic.. Empty Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic..

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2009, 6:18 pm

LOL some fucker botnetted my nephews laptop and it was a work of art really... Of course the Windows update and anti-virus update were throttled and turned off...... (For months no matter how the kid tried to say he updated everyday).... But this fucker had actually accessed root access remotely and the kids 160GB Hard drive was only allowing HIM 15 GB of it for his use?!?!?!?!?!

AND the hacker ALSO has a knowledge of UNIX systems as well...... I went to see if I could reformat it......... it rejected the Gparted liveCD, and it also wouldn't run DBAN without going into command line as root and then wiping the HD that way instead........ Whoever he was he was pretty darn good at what he did........

I can usually wipe a highly infected system with no problems at all, But this cat almost made salvaging the HD impossible... Never saw anything quite like it before.....

Scary shit out there....

I feel sorry for the folks that are using limewire and frostwire... there is no honor amongst theives in the cyber-community... LOL People might get a couple of hundred songs for free and then get their bank accounts wiped out later... dammit
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic.. Empty Re: Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic..

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2009, 6:21 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:LOL some fucker botnetted my nephews laptop and it was a work of art really... Of course the Windows update and anti-virus update were throttled and turned off...... (For months no matter how the kid tried to say he updated everyday).... But this fucker had actually accessed root access remotely and the kids 160GB Hard drive was only allowing HIM 15 GB of it for his use?!?!?!?!?!

AND the hacker ALSO has a knowledge of UNIX systems as well...... I went to see if I could reformat it......... it rejected the Gparted liveCD, and it also wouldn't run DBAN without going into command line as root and then wiping the HD that way instead........ Whoever he was he was pretty darn good at what he did........

I can usually wipe a highly infected system with no problems at all, But this cat almost made salvaging the HD impossible... Never saw anything quite like it before.....

Scary shit out there....

I feel sorry for the folks that are using limewire and frostwire... there is no honor amongst theives in the cyber-community... LOL People might get a couple of hundred songs for free and then get their bank accounts wiped out later... dammit

AND low and behold as I speak trying to load a linux distro on it and it is going into kernel panic....before the Live CD can even boot.....

Got my work cut out for me tonight....(good thing I love this shit....) wuv
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic.. Empty Re: Saw the work of a hacking genius tonight Magic..

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2009, 7:01 pm

LOL damn.... he also put something in their that disrupts the Master Boot Record if you attempt recovery with a CD......getting the damn Err2Err3 message now.......

Grrrrrrrrr, Looks like I am going to have to crack his machine open and slip the HD into an external case and see if I can reformat it there....

This wasn't done by one of the cheap Eastern Block guys....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2009, 7:30 pm

LOL got it....

and another miserable hackers hard work bites the dust!!! one_finger_salute
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 11/23/2009, 9:14 pm

Good work Shock hellyes

See that is the kind of stuff that just gets guys like us to figure it out so we know how to take care of tricks like that on our own machines.

I had to do that here myself last month and believe it or not it was the first time I tried Bing and all I did was type in "yahoo" since I don't keep the shortcut all the time.......and when I clicked on the link I saw something wrong happening but even hitting the backspace before the page loaded was not enough and I had a disaster happening.

I did end up losing my picture file but I saved the rest and went back to a clean install of Pro SP3.

Of course system restore would not work and pretty much nothing else.

Not even safe mode.

But after a bunch of work I had it running as fast as new smile

I would rather pick on a hacker than be a hacker........white hat vs black hat lol

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 11/24/2009, 1:19 am

Alright you two, Im going to need some assistance..Long story short, My Aunt purchased a CD set box on one of those off the wall not EBAY or Craigs List sights, she paid 167.00 for the sets thru pay-pal..

Do i need to go further?? lol

No Cd's, and the seller dosent have any money in the acct for pay-pal to reimburse my Aunt..

Can we find out who this cock sucker is with just a screen name??

If we can Ill get the screen name, and you two can show me proper way to contact this fucker, Whoever it is has an AOL account. I do know that much.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/24/2009, 5:46 am

Doesn't Pay-Pal have any sort of purchase-protection plan?

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 11/24/2009, 6:01 am

Nope, only if the acct holder has sufficient funds in their account.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/24/2009, 8:12 am

cravnravn wrote:Alright you two, Im going to need some assistance..Long story short, My Aunt purchased a CD set box on one of those off the wall not EBAY or Craigs List sights, she paid 167.00 for the sets thru pay-pal..

Do i need to go further?? lol

No Cd's, and the seller dosent have any money in the acct for pay-pal to reimburse my Aunt..

Can we find out who this cock sucker is with just a screen name??

If we can Ill get the screen name, and you two can show me proper way to contact this fucker, Whoever it is has an AOL account. I do know that much.

Thas an issue she has to have with Paypal.... I know with Ebay there is a dispute process she could go through, but if it was just a private transaction there probably isn't a whole lot she could do.... SHe could try and file a fraud report, but it might just be a very expensive lesson on being careful who deal with on the internet... Because even if she has the persons actual name, then you have to go through USsearch or somewhere else and pay them to track them down, then they could be who knows where. You could maybe try to look around the interent and see if they have anything else for sale and see if you could run a scambait on them .. but thats just a wild shot in the dark. But more than anything else you will never find them.

Seems like Paypal COULD do more really... because I sold my old smartphone from sprint on Ebay, and didn't know Sprint had locked it down.. I refunded the money no problems.. but told the woman to go ahead and file a report with paypal, that way they refunded her money that same day and I paid paypal back from my checking account.... So it would seem like Paypal actually COULD do something about it.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum