Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I was helping my friend move yesterday

Go down

So I was helping my friend move yesterday Empty So I was helping my friend move yesterday

Post  dblshockpwr 11/23/2009, 6:12 am

LOL and yes I missed the live showing of the game, but his mom is older and needed the help......and her husband is older as well and has some health problems so they needed the help....

Well towards the end of the day, my friend and I were the last ones their except for the dad, and my friend takes the box truck back so I am left alone with the dad, who goes on to start telling me about how he was in the 101rst Airborne and a sniper during vietnam and he fell out of a helicopter during the war...telling me about how he felt bad because of some stuff he did............

Now I start getting suspicious of this, because my own father did 2 tours of duty in Nam himself on a S+D (search and destroy team) and he NEVER, I mean NEVER just randomly talks to people about things that went on there.... Hell he never told me things until I was of age to join the service myself..

So I mention this to my buddy when we are heading home, and he tells me the old guy is pretty much a real-life Walter-Mitty, John Lovitz type of liar....

I am actually a little offended I guess..... Why the hell would you lie about that?

Very disrespectful to people like my Dad and my Uncle that actually served and were wounded etc........ (and my uncle also never talks about anything in detail about it except to people that were actually there)

Not really mad or anything, but you really lose respect with that kind of stuff.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

So I was helping my friend move yesterday Empty Re: So I was helping my friend move yesterday

Post  Guest 11/23/2009, 6:40 am

Old guy was probably lonely and wanted some of the "love" being given to all the vets and current servicemen today.

Back to top Go down