Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDTV

3 posters

Go down

HDTV Empty HDTV

Post  wood20ks 12/14/2008, 3:08 am

I bought a 58"Panasonic 1080p.

Brought it home,hooked it up and didn`t look the same as in the store or the same as my 46"Panasonic I have next to it.
So I took the old Direct tv box off(02`version) and put the 46"box(06`version) on and still didn`t look the same as what you see in the store........but it was better.
I was thinking I got fucked.........Tv doesn`t come in the greatest.

So I called Direct tv and told them I needed a new box,well I needed a new dish and newest box.(which is what we all will need soon).

So anyways........The guy hooks it all up and asks if I wanted hi-def......Its like"Welllll yeahhhh".

So come to find out,"YOU GOTTA ORDER HI-DEF"...........WTF???

I thought hi-def came through the box.

And of course Iordered it.

Now I have to pay 10$ a fucking month to have hdtv...........Sheesh I thought thats why you had to upgrade so you can get it..........I didn`t know you also have to a monthly fee for it too.
They have us coming and going...........Fuckers!
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

HDTV Empty Re: HDTV

Post  cravnravn 12/14/2008, 3:15 am

Yup, they stick it to you good Mr Bear..I cant get Hi-Def thru Direct because of the trees..But I want to look into Satelite internet thru Direct, they are trying to grease up the ole pole..I'll just stick to Diual up..Direct has this big, "Free" installation promotion..But they dont tell you theres a 250.00 Service Call, and a 300.00 Equiptment purchase, oh and a 7.00 per month insurance policy on the equiptment..Fuck Them.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/14/2008, 3:28 am

They definetly gotcha........

They charged me 94$ for a new dish and box.......I was thinking they had to change all that out to keep up with the times.

Of course I was wrong again.......

Now get this,I gotta buy 4 more boxes and have them run lines to 4 more tvs.....Damnnnnnn

Oh well.

But "WOW" what a picture.

now I know why therse things look better in the store than at home.(but not anymore) lol
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/14/2008, 3:33 am

Is it the same Dish or is it that oblong one..When I looked into it they told me I needed that oblong one, because the HD Satellite was a degree behind the regular one..Thats why the oblong ones are tilted.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/14/2008, 3:38 am

cravnravn wrote:Is it the same Dish or is it that oblong one..When I looked into it they told me I needed that oblong one, because the HD Satellite was a degree behind the regular one..Thats why the oblong ones are tilted.

You know I never looked at it for it was pouring rain and by the time the guy was done,it was dark out.

I went to the gas station ths morning to get coffee an tried looking at the dish,but it was still too dark to tell.

But I`ll let you know later. happy2
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/14/2008, 3:42 am

Super Bowl Blocks, put me down for 2 please..Drew and I.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 12/14/2008, 3:47 am

Your in......... cowboy
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 12/14/2008, 5:34 am

Yeah I can't wait to see wtf actually happens in Feb. when they do the big switch over.

A friend of mine who also has had the big dish since 1983 got the HD upgrade on his dish net dish and they had to do all kinds of updates and cable changes and of course the extra billing charges.

I have had my 67in Mitsubishi 1080 HD since 2002 but never switched to the HD reciever for any of the dishes I have.

But then back last summer I did change to my free version where I get all the channels free as long as they are not those damn "spot beam" satellites that only point at the area they belong to (like Indiana channels)

I get sports in Baltimore and networks from Chicago and several other States on the east side.

Some funny ones I never had before from Oregon and eastern Washington too.

I guess if you all buy the property around me here I would set you all up for the free dish.........but then I don't know if I will have to use a new reciever when the change happens.

Still keeping the 10ft dish too.

Got snow last night and went out to broom off the dishes and the palm tree..........and the porch santa

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/14/2008, 8:06 am

Dam you are up early.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 12/14/2008, 9:47 am

cravnravn wrote:Dam you are up early.

Yeah you know how I am anti-snow and we got about 4 inches so far so I have been sweeping the stuff off of other stuff and also trying to see if I can get the Colts on one of the dishes so I don't have to watch it on the monitor.

I did have to have a cappuccino of course smile

I'll probably fall asleep during the night game and then wake back up at midnight so I can get back to my normal 4am bed time lol

Listening to all the wrecks on the scanner all morning too.
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down