Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon

4 posters

Go down

Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon Empty Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon

Post  Guest 10/9/2006, 6:18 am

First thought...

Why the hell was I sitting indoors on possibly the most beautiful Fall day this year watching a very disappointing team try their best to get beat by what is arguably the NFL's worst team?

But, other than that...

Seems to me if your defense cannot stop the run any better than a run of the mill Jr. High team, you go ahead and use the pass to put some points on the board so the other team has to leave their gameplan (to run the ball down our throats, because everyone knows we can't stop the run) and be forced to throw to play catch-up. Granted, Peyton looked like he was out with the Pacer gangstas at Club Rio Satuday evening/Sunday morning. And he was throwing the ball like the aformentioned Jr. high QB, but lets work on the running game AFTER we've scored and put the other team on their heels.

I know, I know, run game looked better... the passing game was off... the Titans dictated the run with their DB positioning... that's all well and good.
BUT... Mr. Manning is one of, if not the premier QB in the league. The Titan's defensive backfield looks like our run defense - ripe for the picking. Surely he can work through his "brown bottle flu" against this team. Work on the running game after we've taken care of some business and put some points on the board.

We won. 5-0. 3rd ugly in a row. Ugliest of the 3. I am sick and tired of watching our beloved Colts make it appear as if every team we play has had the game of their life! Sooner or later it will become apparent that its not the other team playing at a higher level. It is our team playing down to their level... and in many cases, lower.

Other than that... my picks sucked - just like my Colts did.

Wow, I feel better already... how was YOUR weekend?

Back to top Go down

Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon Empty Re: Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon

Post  dblshockpwr 10/9/2006, 9:00 am

Yeah Kurt, we're pretty much in the same boat we where in before. The middle of the run defense is neglected again and we will pay the price before it's over.

We're back to the days before Larry Tripplett and Corey Simon and teams could just run between the tackles and have their way with the defense on the ground. I just wonder where the DT's pride is that we have? I remember back in my playing days it was a major pride thing if temas ran the ball straight at you. I question their resolve and how much they really want to play. produce or leave.

As for the beautiful days... I'm scouting deer for the upcoming late archery and muzzleloader seasons... My uncle owns around 150 acres and only 5 of us are allowed to hunt there. And nobody hunts early archery so we can get good and ready for the season to come in.

I've actually been on vacation for the last 3 weeks, loving it but getting VERY bored as I have everything done that i had planned... Ready to get back to work now, will probably be at the stadium in the next week or so.... So just remember when you are looking at that beautiful new stadium that i was there...

Oh Yeah, and the kids i coached won their championship game, EVEN though the league tried there best to cheat for the other coach (who also happens to be the head of the league HMMM) they actuall had 9 tries at the goalline to get the win at the end of the game, and our kids stopped themBUTT cold everytime.... Now I know how the USA basketball coach felt in the '72 Olympics when he was getting blatently cheated. pizzedoff
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon Empty Re: Thoughts from a beautiful Sunday afternoon

Post  Guest 10/9/2006, 10:43 am

I was enjoying the view (outside) of our new digs before that gem on Sunday. Keep up the good work!

Perhaps you could refer a couple of YOUR defensive front line to the Colts.
Sounds like they have both ability and pride - something missing up front for the Colts. But when the linemen resemble linebackers, what do you expect?

Sorry guys, I'm still pissed over what my $236 in tickets got me Sunday.

And no, a win is NOT a win. Barely beat the Titans in OUR house... pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 10/9/2006, 2:41 pm

Guys just remember Bobby Sanders will be back after the week off and he makes a BIG difference for the Colts defense!

I hope Stokley is ready to play again since he did help us get that one point win.

NO MORE FUCKING PASSES to that damn backup TE would help too!

The ONLY TE that should get passed to is Dallas Clark.....not that other no-name blocking only bum!

And we need more passes to Marvin and Reggie needs to get his head back in the game because that INT was one that he usually catches and it cost us a TD as you saw.

It's too bad Corey Simon was only worth having last season but Sanders and Doss out there together knocks the crap out of WR's and Bobby loves to hit a RB too smile
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 10/11/2006, 11:58 am

oh man......well, I'm just gonna enjoy this season. No point in getting high blood pressure over something that Polian and Dungy love to ignore.....run defense.

I just deleted a cuss filled rant, lol

sunny
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/12/2006, 2:58 am

My weekend sucked
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down