Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our championship game was 2night!

5 posters

Go down

Our championship game was 2night! Empty Our championship game was 2night!

Post  dblshockpwr 10/6/2007, 6:31 pm

Won our 2nd consecutive league championship tonight!

24-7. They scored a garbage TD late...

We ran the veer all season long and nobody could stop us.... 6 plays is all we ran all season long and it drove all the other coaches in the league nuts,. We just executed alot better than all these other fools that were trying run the Colts offense with kids... LOL

And on defense they were just freaking tigers!! They took it personal if anybody scored any points we only gave up 4 td's all season...

I'm a proud coach tonight LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Our championship game was 2night! Empty Re: Our championship game was 2night!

Post  Guest 10/6/2007, 9:04 pm

As well you should be, 2shock. Nice job! Congrats! Those kids will remember it all their life. clap

Remind me of the age group you're coaching?

I've considered going back and coaching a LL baseball team. Get the son to help. I still run with several of the guys I met coaching... OMG... over 16 years ago! whoa

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 10/7/2007, 5:26 am

Congrats dblshock!

I coach 9 - 12 year olds myself. We run out of a standard Pro Set formation and on occasion we will line up in the Wing T, with about 6 plays also. Started off on a bad note with 2 losses, but have now won 3 straight with 2 games to go. Thank god the 2 losses were to teams in the other divison. Our last 2 games are against 0 - 5 teams. I'm hoping they don't get big heads going into these last 2 games. I finally have some kids that want to win! Two of them are playing injured. One with a broken pinky and the other with a busted bone in his wrist. Another played yesterday with the flu in this heat. Poor kid was throwing up during the game. He ran back a 52 yard INT for a touchdown and had a rushing TD as well. hellyes

Kurt you should give it a try again. I would have loved to have the chance to coach with my dad!
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/7/2007, 5:42 am

2Shock did your boys cover the spread? lol

Congrats,

I tried the coaching thing back in the 80's with Lacrosse, my patience runs thin. So I became an Official.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 10/7/2007, 6:28 am

Thanks guys, we're coaching 8-9 year olds.. We move up to the next division next year, but most of our kids will move up with us, (and if parents request it the kids keep playing for us, so we'll get most of them back hopefully)

Proud of those little fuckers...they are twice as physical against any of the other teams out there.

Football's not really a hard game at this level, just knock the other team on their buts early and often and sound fundamentals win more than anything else..

LOL and the local high school coach was at the game already scouting out our running back, the kid is pretty special.. His dad played Div college ball as a RB, but I actually think his true position when he gets old enough is going to be MLB.. He's really got a nose for the ball and reads plays as soon as they develop...you can't teach that.

I'm pretty happy I got into coachng again, even if it is little kids this time and not the high schoolers...(I don't like teenagers LOL)
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 10/7/2007, 9:45 am

Who do you think you are? Remember the Titans?

Congrats....

I have a defense against the veer and the wing T that eats it up, and it is a simple defense to run as well. I learned it from a local community college head coach, that used to be a DC in the South for a major college team. Cool guy, and really patient with me and all my questions. I was a DC for a varsity team out here and had to work with the JV's who had about 8 athletes and 17 total players, and it worked against the League champions (well, after the kids stopped being scared in the 1st quarter and gave up the only 19 points of the game).

I can't coach football, I get too obsessed with it, and I can't sleep all season. (I wore out two VCR's watching tape during the year). Literally, I would stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning, get up at 6 watch some more, then go to work and work on the game plan during work.

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkfan8812 10/12/2007, 1:33 pm

Grats man. My son is a frosh in HS football and I am starting to enjoy being back around Friday night lights.
hawkfan8812
hawkfan8812
Retired

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down