Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 month planner

4 posters

Go down

19 month planner Empty 19 month planner

Post  cravnravn 10/1/2009, 1:20 am

19 months from today I officially put in my letter of resignation and fully retire unripebooya

The toughest decision is to stay here in the mid-atlantic or venture south to Fla.
You know its 39 degrees right this minute, Im pretty sure my boys are shriveled this morning.
I think Southern living is going to win this battle, its 88 degrees and sunny today in Orlando.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

19 month planner Empty Re: 19 month planner

Post  Guest 10/1/2009, 5:28 am

cravnravn wrote:19 months from today I officially put in my letter of resignation and fully retire unripebooya

The toughest decision is to stay here in the mid-atlantic or venture south to Fla.
You know its 39 degrees right this minute, Im pretty sure my boys are shriveled this morning.
I think Southern living is going to win this battle, its 88 degrees and sunny today in Orlando.

As much as you bitch about the heating oil, I'm surprised there is even a question...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/1/2009, 7:05 am

Summer months in Florida are the pits -- humidity and bugs can drive you insane. That and all the blue-haired retired old ladies driving their Caddies 10 mph below the limit. You'll fit right in, Cravn. Would you then become a Jags or Dauphins fan?

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/1/2009, 7:19 am

Always be a Ravens Fan, Direct TV will keep informed...I was in Florida in August, it was pretty miserable, we couldnt buy a breeze.

Kurt, Oil is down to 2.29 a gallon
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 10/1/2009, 8:32 am

Why Florida Cravn?

The Cost of living would be better in Texas, Mississippi or Louisiana.....

FLA is overrated...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/1/2009, 11:56 am

Family in Florida

My Dads wife lives there, and my cousin and his wife, I was close with my cousin growing up we are the same age, and he is also a fellow Teamster and UPSer, unfortunately his local fucked up and didnt invest as well as our local did, no early retirement for him, he has to work til hes 55..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 10/1/2009, 6:00 pm

cravnravn wrote:Family in Florida

My Dads wife lives there, and my cousin and his wife, I was close with my cousin growing up we are the same age, and he is also a fellow Teamster and UPSer, unfortunately his local fucked up and didnt invest as well as our local did, no early retirement for him, he has to work til hes 55..

Hey hey hey.......Whats wrong with working till your 55?? I have 7 1/4 yrs to go.

Damn boy,at 55 I`ll have 37 years invested,same union same company!
I should be living good. unripebooya

But you know,I`m thinking about still working 300 hrs a year there and still collect my retirement.
I don`t think I could wake up every morning not knowing what i`m gonna do........... wtf
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 10/1/2009, 6:33 pm

Wise decision Bear cheerstoyou
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/2/2009, 1:38 am

I don`t think I could wake up every morning not knowing what i`m gonna do...........

Oh I'll work part time 6am-9:30 am, NO SATURDAYS or SUNDAYS..Or, better yet maybe starts my own lawn service in Florida, and help send the mexicans back home where they belong..We'll do something to keep busy, I dont want to go by the way my Dad went, he retired, but his wife couldnt, So he sat around every day waiting for her.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 10/2/2009, 8:33 am

wood20ks wrote:

Hey hey hey.......Whats wrong with working till your 55?? I have 7 1/4 yrs to go.

But you know,I`m thinking about still working 300 hrs a year there and still collect my retirement.
I don`t think I could wake up every morning not knowing what i`m gonna do........... wtf

Does the 300 hours a year pay your healthcare like it does here?.... I have officially decided to return to the trade since that siemens company has tried to pull a fast one on me...(hire in as a facilities trainer, then say the company has decided to eliminate the trainers position companywide and get an offer for a job that pays half as much)

I've still got 10 years for 75% and 15 years for 100% though angel (even though 340 hours counts as a full year towards pension.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/3/2009, 2:00 am

I should be living good.

That all depends if your pension keeps acruing(sp) UPS is froze at 3400 a month which equals about 22 1/2 years of service. In my case I was under a 1980's contract 10 years @ 189.00 per month x years of service + 5 years of 205. x years of service..

I was extremely lucky to get in when I did, prior to 1988 our local would give you 50 a month x years of service, and that was it. When I started I thought it was odd of all the old men that drove tractor trailers for UPS that had 25+ years in. In 1989 is when they made the adjustments and gave more to the pension fund.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 10/3/2009, 4:49 am

dblshockpwr wrote:
wood20ks wrote:

Does the 300 hours a year pay your healthcare like it does here?.... I have officially decided to return to the trade since that siemens company has tried to pull a fast one on me...(hire in as a facilities trainer, then say the company has decided to eliminate the trainers position companywide and get an offer for a job that pays half as much)

I've still got 10 years for 75% and 15 years for 100% though angel (even though 340 hours counts as a full year towards pension.

That 300 hrs you work also goes to your towards your pension and health and welfare.......Like I said,I got a little over 7 yrs to go.When I hit 2-3 yrs to go,I`ll really start to want to know all the details. bounce

As for you.........340 hrs for a full credit??? Damn thats great.I gotta work 1600!!!!
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 10/3/2009, 4:52 am

cravnravn wrote:Damn boy,at 55 I`ll have 37 years invested,same union same company!
I should be living good.

That all depends if your pension keeps acruing(sp) UPS is froze at 3400 a month which equals about 22 1/2 years of service. In my case I was under a 1980's contract 10 years @ 189.00 per month x years of service + 5 years of 205. x years of service..

I was extremely lucky to get in when I did, prior to 1988 our local would give you 50 a month x years of service, and that was it. When I started I thought it was odd of all the old men that drove tractor trailers for UPS that had 25+ years in. In 1989 is when they made the adjustments and gave more to the pension fund.

I`m not sure how ours works..............But a few more years down the road,and I`ll know all the fine print! Twisted Evil

And you know......It`ll be here before you know it.(not sure how to take that). lol
wood20ks
wood20ks

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 10/3/2009, 9:06 am

wood20ks wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:
wood20ks wrote:

That 300 hrs you work also goes to your towards your pension and health and welfare.......Like I said,I got a little over 7 yrs to go.When I hit 2-3 yrs to go,I`ll really start to want to know all the details. bounce

As for you.........340 hrs for a full credit??? Damn thats great.I gotta work 1600!!!!

Yes but we don't have near the great pension benefits that carpenters in Illinios get.. I think our full pension is right at $3200 a month and you pay a reduced rate for bene's and we just started our annuity a few years ago.. (even though I have been dropping $100 a month inrto a mutual fund for the last 10 years and started my own Roth around 5 years ago) so I will have 4 different funds set up for my golden years... I just know I watched my grandparents struggle in their retirement and know I don't want to have to rely on other people like they did..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/4/2009, 2:43 am

Mr Bear, the time fly's, its unbelieveable how I recall like yesterday, that I had my 10 year planner in place, and now its down to months.

Hey just found out yesterday that I might still be entitled to the 20 year jacket, which passed Sept 25th 2009..I wasnt fired and I didnt quit, it was a buy-out settlement.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down