Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dobe puppy...

3 posters

Go down

My dobe puppy... Empty My dobe puppy...

Post  dblshockpwr 9/10/2007, 12:40 pm

Has gained 15 pounds in 2 weeks and his paws have doubled in size...
Good god he's going to be HUGE......and already very protective.... and just might be the smartest mutt I've ever had at his age...

I think I'm in trouble... LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

My dobe puppy... Empty Re: My dobe puppy...

Post  Administrator 9/10/2007, 1:41 pm

Ah, you decided against a Shep, eh? bluehoo

That's ok, though.....I hear that Dobes are also good all around dogs, but not as family oriented as Sheps. That's what I hear anyway.
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/10/2007, 2:38 pm

mighty_colts wrote:Ah, you decided against a Shep, eh? bluehoo

That's ok, though.....I hear that Dobes are also good all around dogs, but not as family oriented as Sheps. That's what I hear anyway.

No the Dobes are VERY family oriented Mighty... I can't keep my guy away from me 99% of the time...

I did some research on them and they are a mix of a few different breeds, Rotts, Shepherds, Greyhounds, German Pinschers(a kind of large terrier that is pretty much extinct now) and Weimerunners.... Most Dobes are big babies around their family and beleive it or not very good with kids. I'm getting my guy around the kids from our football team and the neices and nephews as much as possible to keep him socialized with kids.

My guys sire was around 130lbs and his bitch was around 90... He's going to be a VERY big guy when he gets done growing..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 9/10/2007, 3:05 pm

I need help with my Pup...We rescued Rico off of "Dead Dog Beach"

The problem is he likes to eat frogs, I cant keep up with him outside, he roots in the grass until one jumps and ha snags it. It must have been this pups only food source in Puerto Rico. But frogs are posionious here, he got real sick last weekend, he puked I know 6 times, hes 14 weeks old. We live 100% in the woods with creeks all around the property, And to think in Late March/Early April this place will be swarming with big bull frogs coming out of hibernation.

Here he was 12 weeks old
My dobe puppy... Jackon_and_dogs_07_090_3
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/10/2007, 4:37 pm

cravnravn wrote:I need help with my Pup...We rescued Rico off of "Dead Dog Beach"

The problem is he likes to eat frogs, I cant keep up with him outside, he roots in the grass until one jumps and ha snags it. It must have been this pups only food source in Puerto Rico. But frogs are posionious here, he got real sick last weekend, he puked I know 6 times, hes 14 weeks old. We live 100% in the woods with creeks all around the property, And to think in Late March/Early April this place will be swarming with big bull frogs coming out of hibernation.

Here he was 12 weeks old
My dobe puppy... Jackon_and_dogs_07_090_3

Hmmm never heard of that one before....
Did you really adopt him from that rescue in Puerto Rico? Thats pretty cool Cravn!! How much did that set you back to get him through customs and shipped here?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 9/11/2007, 5:16 am

Hmmm never heard of that one before....
Did you really adopt him from that rescue in Puerto Rico? Thats pretty cool Cravn!! How much did that set you back to get him through customs and shipped here?

Yeah we adopted him, Drew went over there on vacation and was immediately hooked on Rico. My little Sis is the founder of islanddog.org, you dont think she would charge her big brother.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/11/2007, 3:26 pm

Right on Cravn!!!

I think it's cool you did that!! You've got a good looking pup there!!!
cheerstoyou

I was talking with the lady that runs our local greyhound rescue today.... We were at the vet at the same time... She had a very pretty all black greyhound there. Beatiful animal.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down