Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ComCast and Sunday Ticket

4 posters

Go down

ComCast and Sunday Ticket Empty ComCast and Sunday Ticket

Post  Administrator 5/22/2007, 12:25 pm

Get a load of this.........I'm moving into my shoebox apartment on the first of June. I have to cancel Directv because the apartment complex only deals with ComCast. I thought I was going to lose Sunday Ticket bluehoo

But I just talked to the guy from ComCast and he said.....ComCast is getting ready to claim the rights to Sunday Ticket!!!!!!!!!! bounce sunny king booya hellyes

What luck!!!!!!!! cheerstoyou

Plus I'll be getting the cable broadband from ComCast, which they recently upgraded, so it's now a staggering 20 times faster than my DSL connection with Quest!! sunny hellyes

This is just a couple of the things that are falling into place for me this month as I prepare my move. I'm very excited about the rest of this year and next year. I'm gonna make the BUCKS booya

BOOKIE CHALLENGE ComCast and Sunday Ticket 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

ComCast and Sunday Ticket Empty Re: ComCast and Sunday Ticket

Post  dblshockpwr 5/22/2007, 2:48 pm

I'll beleive that when I see it Mighty.... I remember when my buddy was trying to choose between DISH and Directv the numbnuts for DISH actually told him that they were buying Directv and would have Sunday Ticket as well...

Directv has Sunday Ticket locked up exclusively for YEARS... BUT Diectv is coiming out with Directv mobile this summer... a totally sefl-contained Directtv system with monitor and a super mini-dish that they pobably wouldn't be able to see in a complex.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/24/2007, 1:28 am

Direct Tv called me last night..I double checked with them about the NFL Ticket, they assured me that they would be carrying the Ticket..You had me nervous with this ConCast diddy Mighty..I cant get cable, I would have been screwed.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 5/24/2007, 9:24 am

Well, hells bells.........the guy from comcast was talking like it was almost a done deal. We don't know who to believe, because if Directv really is going to lose ST, then they sure as hell wouldn't admit it, right? They would lose business right away. The comcast guy said they would announce the change-over as soon as the deal is done.

Who knows.

Personally, I'd rather directv keep it, because I really like their programming. If they do keep the venerable Ticket, then I'll be stuck watching the network broadcasts on comcast bluehoo bluehoo sucks

But at least the Colts have a handful of nationally televised primetime games this year bounce

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 5/25/2007, 1:27 am

God Damn it Mighty now you got me thinking.

Last year, it was right after the draft that we got to order the Ticket as an early bird special, hell I was done paying for it by Week 1 of the season. havent seen any commercials yet on the NFL Channel advertising it,,
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 5/25/2007, 2:12 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Sunday_Ticket

I have beening paying for Sunday Ticket since it started in 1994 ($99 a year on the big dish)

The DirecTV contract goes until 2010 and the only way I see cable getting it is if they buy the cable company not the other way around.

They make too much money doing this.

I haven't got any "early bird" mail either Cravn......but I bet we hear from them soon.

Since I had to switch to DirecTV they were even charging my credit card before I got the snail mail.

But I plan on getting it every season so they don't even have to ask.

I never pay for that MLB season and I am thinking about not renewing my NBA next season for the first time.......I may just wait for the 2nd half of the NBA season and then pay the $99 for that.

We can still use network and TNT or ESPN for that.

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 8781

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 5/25/2007, 10:51 am

That's true.....I haven't received anything from Directv. Usually they're promoting Ticket every 30 seconds right now, eh? I haven't seen or heard jack. The comcast guy told me that they've been working on a deal for the last 6 months, and it should be finalized before the start of the season.....I'm just telling you what the guy told me. But he also said it's not a sure thing, that anything can happen, but that comcast is very confident they'll get the rights to Ticket.

I have to talk to the dude again in a few days to set up my package, so I'll bend him over and pump him for more info lol I'll mention to him that Directv is contracted until 2010......we'll see what he says about that.

Like I said....I kinda hope Directv keeps it. They have good programming and I'll be going back to them when I'm set up in Vegas before the 2008 season.......unless comcast really DOES score Sunday Ticket.....then I'll have to stick with them.

By the way, the comcast guy also told me that Directv is planning on going in different directions and doing different things with their service packages, including phone connections.....so he made it sound like Directv may be looking to get out of it's contract with ST.

Who knows.......

ComCast and Sunday Ticket Questi10

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 5/25/2007, 2:17 pm

Well guys if you just click on the link at the top of this page, Directv is selling Sunday Ticket for next season as we speak...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down