Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help!

Go down

All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help! Empty All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help!

Post  dblshockpwr on 9/5/2006, 1:25 pm

The new laptop I bought has 512mb of RAM, I installed System Mechanic and when I analyzed my RAM it's hovering at about 86MB available.
I can recover some of the RAM with System Mechanic, up to about 256MB.. Is there a way I can recover more of this through Windows without killing my system?

I plan on maxing out the RAM to about 2GB in the next month or so, But is there anything I can do in the short-time?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help! Empty Re: All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help!

Post  Magic on 9/6/2006, 3:45 am

Well you won't need 2gig of RAM for sure......1gig is plenty and that is all you should do is pick up a new ram stick and install that and you will be fine.

Go to www.tigerdirect.com and check for the sale prices.
Magic
Magic
Cadre / Quantum Treasurer / King Moderator/CEO

Number of posts : 8149
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http:// https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help! Empty Re: All Right Computer Experts!! I need some help!

Post  Administrator on 9/6/2006, 10:53 am

Yep, Dshock....Magic is right. As a matter of fact, if you go with too much RAM, your system will actually slow down!! 1 gig of quality RAM is all you need, even if you play the new memory-intensive games they have out today. The key is your....video card

booya

As for recovering RAM......google it!!
Administrator
Administrator
Treasurer - BC Emperor - ʀᴇꜱᴛ ɪɴ ᴩᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɢᴀʀᴛʜ

Number of posts : 2543

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr on 9/6/2006, 3:29 pm

Wow So too much RAm can actually hurt your system? Wow, glad you all told me that before I bought the sticks!!

So I'll just stick witth the one then, my video card is fine for games like Madden and the others I like to play, I have the ATI Radeon with a 128mb card..

It's the RAM thats killing me, LOL. I CAN recover it with System Mechanic, I actually think I have too many programs on the task bar and I'm losing it at start-up.

LOL and why Google anything anymore, Cha-Cha-Cha is going to bury Google this year 357_SmithWesson
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator on 9/6/2006, 4:01 pm

Too much memory slowed down systems a few years ago, I know that for sure. Who knows, maybe they've taken care of that problem since then......but there's still no need to buy 2 gigs of memory unless you are going to be doing some HEAVY video editing or something like that. But for everyday needs like games and normal programs, 1 gig is plenty. Besides, 2 gigs would be more of a drain on your laptop battery smile

I'm running an ATI X800 right now, but I want the GeForce 7900 GTX wuv

512mb of memory wuv
Administrator
Administrator
Treasurer - BC Emperor - ʀᴇꜱᴛ ɪɴ ᴩᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɢᴀʀᴛʜ

Number of posts : 2543

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum