Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out

+3
Magic
wood20ks
BirdsofSilence
7 posters

Go down

Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out Empty Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out

Post  BirdsofSilence 2/8/2007, 8:21 pm

to put this thing together.

OK, there, I was nice for one post. Don't expect the rest of them to be this pussy like.

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out Empty Re: Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out

Post  wood20ks 2/9/2007, 6:28 am

Congrats Birds on winning this year and see your a real good winner on top of it.......... laughing

After we get a few more players in next year,I`ll be the highest single season winner there is............. booya

btw......Does anyone here ever leave a tip for these guys?

I left Migs a 10 spot the year I got 2nd..................damn you winners are cheap.Show a little appreciation for the guys that does all the work....hey Mighty.........Magic. Smile

Last edited by on 2/10/2007, 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out Empty Re: Thanks to the Cadre and all those that helped out

Post  Guest 2/9/2007, 1:30 pm

Good job Mighty and Magic. Appreciate all your efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/9/2007, 10:34 pm

I'm glad you all had fun and you can tell Mighty and I enjoyed doing this for all of you and of course want you all back for the 8th Annual (yes you too Norm)

Of course the COLTS Super Bowl win really helped since I have a feeling a few of us would be pissed off for the next 6 months at least dammit

I have talked to several Colts fans that were ready to burn all their Colts collection even during that pats game.

I have talked to Unitas Jr. and I would love to bs with Mike Curtis about a few Colts facts that they probably never thought of.

Like the fact all the guys my age here in Washington were Colts fans when we were kids and played football in our pastures (I was always Mike Curtis)

I bet there were at least a million Colts fans around the country that never came close to Baltimore or Indy for that matter.

Hell most States still don't have a NFL team and they sure didn't when I first started watching and Seattle got their Seatoucans when I was almost 19yrs old!

And sure enough one of the players the Seatoucans picked up that first year was my favorite Colt Mike "Mad Dog" Curtis hellyes

For some reason the guys that I grew up with jumped teams to the Seatoucans that year but I can't imagine doing that.

Anyway......I think we will be adding a few more members to the Bookie Challenge next season (run up that *Chip* total) because I show it to friends here and they like this contest and our website.

Not to mention the espn board is shitty these days and the only thing fun to do there is mess around with my threads or tease a few of those jackasses with one of my many board ID's ramborampage

BUT.....you should have all prayed for Vinitiari to make that one FG so the score would have been "over" and I would have won the *Chips* since I went and bought myself a new fancy gate for the entrance to my property for my birthday the other day........you know how you always buy yourself the best presents.........and this thing is costing me $2000.

It is at the powder coating shop now so when I get it here and installed I will show you a picture (with that Colts street sign 99 made me on it for the picture)

I also have the power company putting a street light on the power pole at the gate .........I think they said something like $12 a month for that.

The gate is 16ft long and 6 1/2ft tall........looks like something Bill Gates would have king
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8783
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 2/10/2007, 1:18 am

I'm telling you...I can send some chips to mighty and gang, but I am seriously thinking of getting a trophy made and having it engraved with all the past winners...the current winner gets to hold it for the year, then has to send it off to the next guy or gal that wins...what do you think?

I think it would be fun...pictures need to be taken and shared too.

BirdsofSilence

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/10/2007, 1:31 am

Oh it was a great season, too bad I got caught emotionally caught up with the Colts this past month and let the title slip through my fingers..So Birdy, thank me..Just watch your ass next year.

Thanks Magic & Mighty cheerstoyou cheerstoyou
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/10/2007, 2:11 am

BirdsofSilence wrote:I'm telling you...I can send some chips to mighty and gang, but I am seriously thinking of getting a trophy made and having it engraved with all the past winners...the current winner gets to hold it for the year, then has to send it off to the next guy or gal that wins...what do you think?

I think it would be fun...pictures need to be taken and shared too.

Great idea Birdman clap

Except Arkman will have his name on it too many times joker

I guess I only get on there with a "Rudy" so far.......one of these days I will have to actually win this thing thankya
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  arkman40 2/10/2007, 9:50 am

Piling on...let me add me thanks to Mighty and Magic for the time and effort you guys have put into both the game in general and the websites. clap The BC for me has been icing on the cake that is football season over the years, and for you guys to pick up the torch and continue on is much appreciated (I mean this is a serious source of income for me pecker)
arkman40
arkman40
Retired

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 2/10/2007, 6:03 pm

Maybe we should get an old rum bottle for the trophy LOLLOLOL

We would have to call the thing the Arkman trophy as many times as he;s been in the money!!!
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/10/2007, 7:00 pm

Well why don't we have a fucking Sunday brunch so you all can kiss the cadre's collective asses? sucks

If this site was so great, don't you think it would inspire me to the greatness we all know I posess? chicken_dance

If this site was so great, don't you think i'd be visiting daily? And posting regularly?

Oh, I do... dammit

Adequate job. mischief

If you'd step it up, I could probably do better. Rolling Eyes

Lets work on that for next year, eh? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/10/2007, 7:58 pm

Well Kurt maybe you can talk Birdman into adding your 7th place finish to the BC Trophy joker

http://bookiechallenge.com/standings.htm

Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 2/11/2007, 9:35 pm

Magic wrote:Well Kurt maybe you can talk Birdman into adding your 7th place finish to the BC Trophy joker

http://bookiechallenge.com/standings.htm

BWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Post of the year!

And the answer is.....NO FUCKING WAY...you gotta EARN the name on the trophy!

As for Ark....his days were numbered. What is past is past...He is a HAS BEEN!

2nd still stinks, period!

BirdsofSilence

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/12/2007, 5:03 am

"2nd still stinks, period"

no need to make Woodsie feel so bad... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/12/2007, 2:38 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:"2nd still stinks, period"

Nothing can make me feel any worse than the Bears losing the Big Dance........... bluehoo
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 2/12/2007, 9:57 pm

wood20ks wrote:
ColtsKurt wrote:"2nd still stinks, period"

Nothing can make me feel any worse than the Bears losing the Big Dance........... bluehoo

My neighbor is still depressed about the game. She is a HUGE Bears can (she was born and raised in Chicago). I didn't have the heart to tell her that I won chips on that game! haha

Oh well, as a Rams fan, I still would have taken your season.

BirdsofSilence

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/12/2007, 11:34 pm

Damn Birds I keep watching the SB replays on the NFL Network (again at 3am last night) and I watch the last almost 12 minutes of the game and saw that for some reason nobody could just be nice and kick one fuckin' FG and give me the BC Championship!!!!!

TWELVE minutes and not one point was scored bs

It get worse every time I watch.......welll except that MY COLTS RULE THE UNIVERSE king

OK.......I'll try to live with back-to-back 3rd place awards wtf

BTW both you and Arkman let us all know when the *Chips* arrive and we will see who gets em first but it seems like Cali is closer than Georgia Basketball
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 2/14/2007, 8:21 am

ha ha ha.......Magic, you have come closer more times than even Arkman lol

The year I won it.....you had it in the bag, man!! The Championship was YOURS for the taking!! I know that pissed you off.....but I was too busy gloating and bragging to care bounce

Just keep plugging away at it, you'll get there.

Birdman is loving it right now cheerstoyou
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2560

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 2/14/2007, 1:07 pm

Magic, c'est la vie....That's French for I KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS!

hahahaha

I know it sucks, the last two years, while I was in Las Vegas, I missed a weekend during the playoffs that gave me the kiss of death. Last year, I missed one weekend, and the year before I did as well (too much partying and drinking to remember what time the games were on!)

Anyway, yes, my buddies look at me crazy when out of the blue I yell, "I AM THE BC CHAMPION FOR 2007!

BirdsofSilence

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/15/2007, 2:37 am

Believe me by summer I will be wanting to post my preseason Super Bowl picks again for the 8th Annual BC and start getting ready for preseason games sunny

Of course NFL Sunday Ticket will help by making me pay a couple hundred $'s for that damn "early bird special"
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum