Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My experience with the "affordable" Care Act.

4 posters

Go down

My experience with the "affordable" Care Act. Empty My experience with the "affordable" Care Act.

Post  dblshockpwr 10/28/2013, 4:13 pm

My Premiums went up 35%, my deductible doubled and thank god my neurosurgeon is "in network" otherwise I would be completely screwed.

Nice eh?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

My experience with the "affordable" Care Act. Empty Re: My experience with the "affordable" Care Act.

Post  Guest 10/28/2013, 4:19 pm

My daughter's premiums doubled for her family of 4 coverage through work. The AFA is all about screwing the middle class working people and the young so that the unemployed/dependent society folks can get covered through the exchanges. The lawmakers decided they were smarter than actuarial scientists. Shit's gonna really hit the fan in the next few months.

Back to top Go down

My experience with the "affordable" Care Act. Empty Re: My experience with the "affordable" Care Act.

Post  Administrator 10/28/2013, 5:41 pm

The AFA is all about screwing the middle class working people and the young so that the unemployed/dependent society folks can get covered through the exchanges.

happy2 

BOOKIE CHALLENGE My experience with the "affordable" Care Act. 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/29/2013, 2:13 am

Mine went up 110% and my deductible went down to 300.00, but then I picked up a rx 100.00 deductible
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 10/29/2013, 5:36 pm

The wife uses AARP with the SS medicare and I didn't have to change anything because GW rigged up a deal for me because I am the treasurer lol 

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/30/2013, 3:23 am

Magic wrote:The wife uses AARP with the SS medicare and I didn't have to change anything because GW rigged up a deal for me because I am the treasurer lol 

Cant wait to use AARP as my part B, love AARP!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/30/2013, 3:25 am

Just rec'd more bad news, smokers must pay an additional 100.00 per month premium.

So this doesnt pay me to work now
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/30/2013, 5:48 am

cravnravn wrote:Just rec'd more bad news, smokers must pay an additional 100.00 per month premium.

So this doesnt pay me to work now
That translates, roughly, into a 50% increase in the per-pack cost.  For that, and several other reasons. it might be time to quit, huh?

Last edited by BlueShoes1 on 10/30/2013, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/30/2013, 6:23 am

As a former smoker (quit 11 years ago) I understand very well how difficult it was to stop. That said, with the increased cost of cigarettes and proven negative effects on one's health, I cannot - for the life of me - understand why so many refuse to give it up. sucks  Whatever it takes... QUIT NOW John! hey_mon 

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 10/31/2013, 3:19 am

I hear you guys..It is the most difficult thing I have ever tried to do, I watched it eat my father alive..

You think that would scare the shit out of me? It did for 1 week
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/31/2013, 7:10 am

cravnravn wrote:I hear you guys..It is the most difficult thing I have ever tried to do, I watched it eat my father alive..

You think that would scare the shit out of me? It did for 1 week
That's the same thing that drove my desire to quit. I made it a challenge. I would not allow the smokes to beat me.

My partner here at the office used hypnosis... worked for him. I just went cold turkey... basically said FUCK-YOU to the cigs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/31/2013, 7:13 am

February 17, 2009 -- threw out what remained of the pack and haven't had one since. I had quit several times over the 20 years prior to that with the longest being when I turned 50 and up until I was 56. At that point, as a crutch and not really giving two squats about my physical condition after Nancy died, I started up again. Finally, with the help of Chantix, some real soul-searching, and (like you, Kurt) a determination to NOT be slave to the damned things anymore I was able to quit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/31/2013, 7:42 am

I failed to mention the 3 root canals I had which were directly caused by my trying to quit.

I substituted the red/white pinwheel mints for cigs. (You also need to know I am physically unable to suck on a piece of candy until its gone... I have to chew the thing up.) I broke 3 teeth (all old-school filled cavities). Would have happened sooner or later, but I choose to blame the cigarettes for that, too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down