Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th Of July

2 posters

Go down

4th Of July Empty 4th Of July

Post  Magic 7/4/2011, 12:49 pm

Norms 235th birthday.....lol

Funny how these days we have the fireworks on the 2nd,3rd,and 4th

Must piss liberali's off.

I will probably watch Seattle on the bigscreen again this year and maybe be able to see some off in the distance from out in my yard......looks like a clear night so maybe a meteor or two.

My tradition here has been mixing some concrete and making something on the 4th.

Might take a couple vicodins this year laughing

I have to figure out what to do so I only have to mix one bag up and I bought some of the 80lb heavy duty 5000lb stuff at a fair price so maybe I will make something for Mom by the rose garden I planted for her.

Have a fun day today kids 4th Of July 2

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

4th Of July Empty Re: 4th Of July

Post  cravnravn 7/5/2011, 1:08 am

King of Wood here..

Our listing agent came back and said Pa has changed their codes in the past 10 years and now requires 2 railings coming down the steps from the loft,

Bad thing is, all the stuff you see in the home stores will not match the interior of a log home, so on Fri it was off to the Mill to get 2 pieces of true 4x6 lumber for the posts, ran those through the planer, man did they turn out sweet, then we split 2x4's in half for the spindles, the tough part was every friggin board had to be cut on angles one_finger_salute I wasted a hell of alot of wood drinkbeer

So after 9 hrs of assembling on Saturday, spent all Sunday staining and yesterday on the top rail...

I could use another 3 day weekend, for me!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/5/2011, 6:01 am

4th Of July 269897_1829946669219_1256917099_31562616_7394292_n

Got the 'toon out (again) for a loooong day on the water. This shot was taken while waiting for the fireworks to be shot-off over the water, at about 10pm. Simply perfect. Well, other than the fact that I was a dumbass and jumped in the lake with my PRESCRIPTION sunglasses on... which proceeded to sink to the bottom. Oh, well, the number of Leinenkugle (sp?) Summer Shandy beers I had numbed the effect of the loss. Until this morning...

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 7/5/2011, 6:05 am

10pm and its still light out? wow
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/5/2011, 6:48 am

cravnravn wrote:10pm and its still light out? wow

Yup... goddamned Daylight Savings Time...

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 7/5/2011, 7:56 am

When I came out to Indy, I got to see 2 sunrises on that Saturday, took off from B-More at sunrise, when I landed in Cinncy it was total darkness, daybreak was just happening when we took off for Cinncy to Indy.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/5/2011, 7:30 pm

cravnravn wrote:When I came out to Indy, I got to see 2 sunrises on that Saturday, took off from B-More at sunrise, when I landed in Cinncy it was total darkness, daybreak was just happening when we took off for Cinncy to Indy.

That proves my hunch that there is something evil about those that follow the Ravens. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 7/6/2011, 3:29 pm

cravnravn wrote:King of Wood here..

Our listing agent came back and said Pa has changed their codes in the past 10 years and now requires 2 railings coming down the steps from the loft,

Bad thing is, all the stuff you see in the home stores will not match the interior of a log home, so on Fri it was off to the Mill to get 2 pieces of true 4x6 lumber for the posts, ran those through the planer, man did they turn out sweet, then we split 2x4's in half for the spindles, the tough part was every friggin board had to be cut on angles one_finger_salute I wasted a hell of alot of wood drinkbeer

So after 9 hrs of assembling on Saturday, spent all Sunday staining and yesterday on the top rail...

I could use another 3 day weekend, for me!!!

Yeah 2 handrails are better than one Cravn.

And if you make your own they just add to the value.

I just used the kind you buy at the local lumber store but hope to make my own out of some nice looking wood.......16 stairs on this climb upstairs to my computer/sports room.

I used all 4 80lb bags of extra strength concrete....as usual I never make a plan so I came up about one shovel full short of concrete but I found I still had a bag of mortor in the back of my truck so I still need to finish the rest.....might finish it today but the lil grandaughter is here for her 8th birthday which actually isn't until the 11th

Not the best picture but I think I will go out and finish it now.

It is for the rose garden thing I planted for my Mom and I figured I should add some to it.
lol

4th Of July 4thofjulyconcrete2011

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 7/7/2011, 3:52 am

Get a nice stepping stone as a memorial, Im going to do one for Dad when we get to Florida.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum