Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To diversify your investment portfolio

Go down

To diversify your investment portfolio Empty To diversify your investment portfolio

Post  Administrator 5/8/2010, 3:16 pm

Consider adding Put Options (short-selling stocks). Read the sales pitch below (it's credible), and if interested, click on the link and check it out. You don't have to invest a lot to dabble in options, but the rewards can be excellent in this political/economic environment. You can also use the trial period offer from these guys, and simply paper-trade (don't risk any real money). If you are happy with it, then go live. There are tons of different ways to invest yourself, lots of people who will help you with alert services, strategies, ect. Test a few of them, you may be surprised.

Thursday’s 348-point drop is just a taste of things to come.

Fellow Investor,

Let me take you back for a moment to the morning of August 16, 2007. The Dow opened that day at 12,859 but immediately plunged over 400 points on the news that mortgage giant Countrywide Financial was in big trouble, facing the possibility of bankruptcy even as it continued to produced healthy earnings reports.

Back then, the mortgage crisis was a mystery to investors and regulators alike.

Later that day, to rescue the stock market, the Fed began a series of moves to open up the liquidity spigots and reassure investors that the credit markets were healthy and functioning just beautifully.

How naïve we were.

After all, even if Countrywide was overextended, they were just swimming in the dirty waters of the subprime end of the mortgage pool, which couldn’t possibly have any substantial impact on major Wall Street firms like Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch.

Reassured by honest Ben Bernanke and Company, the Dow rebounded that afternoon to close the day virtually unchanged. And then, over the next four months, the Dow resumed its climb tacking on another thousand points, closing on December 10, 2007, at the high point of 13,727.

End of the Fairy Tale

Over the next 14 months, the contagion that just couldn’t happen, the falling dominoes from “bad-boy” Countrywide’s subprime portfolio to the near collapse of our entire financial system, left Bear and Lehman in bankruptcy, Merrill and Countrywide in government-arranged shot-gun weddings, and Citigroup, AIG and General Motors wards of the federal government, as the Dow was sliced in half and stock investors were lucky if they were able to limited their loses to “only” 50% of their nest eggs.

Greek Debt: The First Domino to Crash the Market

So fast-forward to April 2010, the U.S. economy is growing at a solid clip of over 3%, the market has nearly doubled from the March 2009 lows, and all is right with the world again? NOT.

Like the Countrywide warning shot of the summer of 2007, the Greek debt crisis is just the tip of the next financial calamity with another Crash headed our way.

Sure the Greek economy is only the size of Alabama’s, and Germany and The International Monetary Fund (IMF) are stepping in to bail them out. But if this is such a small and containable problem (like Countrywide was supposed to be three years ago), then why is it taking over $145 billion to keep Greece solvent? And what about much larger economies like Portugal, Ireland and Italy, which are facing daunting debt problems of their own?

The Pain of Spain

As the European dominoes fall requiring bailout after bailout (sound familiar), things will get really serious when it gets to Spain. Spain is so big it cannot be saved by the IMF. Its economy is six times the size of Greece, the 9th largest in the world in 2009.

But their 21% unemployment rate and private sector debt of 178% of GDP is simply unsustainable.

And the austerity measures needed to contain this debt will inevitable push Europe back into recession. And in this one-world global economy, a double-dip recession in the U.S. will quickly follow, either later in 2010 or next year at the latest.

Remember, the 3% growth rate in the U.S. is being fueled by near-zero interest rates and massive government stimulus. What do you expect to happen when the stimulus money dries up and the Fed begins bringing rates back to normalize levels?

Make Your Fortune in the Coming Crash

My name is Michael Shulman, and I run an investment advisory service called Short-Side Trader that specializes in making HUGE gains for my readers when stocks go down.

As the market plunged from late 2007 though early 2009, we loaded up on simple put options on the failing banks, retailers and homebuilders for eye-popping gains.

Even Just a Small Investment on the Short-Side
Can Grow Big in a Hurry When things Go Bad

Here’s a note I received at my office during the last leg down:

“Michael,

I am writing this as a thank you and to let you know what your recommendations have done for me. I opened an account at optionsxpress.com on March 27th of 2008. I started with $6,000. From that date until July 20th 2008, I floundered trying to follow the recommendations of 2 other "gurus" and attempted to pick some of my own options. In that period of time my $6K dwindled to about $2,800.

In the time that has elapsed since July 20th, by following your picks and making a few peripheral picks of my own in the same underlying stocks that you recommended, my optionsxpress account has grown to $23,466.54. That is an 8 times plus return on my $2,800. In the course of this past week’s activity, I withdrew $6,000 out of the account and put it back in my savings. I truly feel I was only able to do this because of you and your recommendations. As a result, when I received your offer to renew in the mail I did not hesitate to sit right down and write you my check.”

Danger Signs All Around

From the debt crisis in Europe, to the massive federal and state deficits here in the U.S., to the billions and billions in toxic assets still on the books of the big Wall Street banks, to a housing meltdown that has yet to hit rock bottom, the danger signs are all around us.

Only this time it could be even more devastating for the economy and the markets, since Bernanke and crew have already used nearly all their ammo in the form of near-zero interest rates, a massive amount of liquidity pumped into the system, and hundreds of billions in government stimulus dollars artificially creating “growth.”

The biggest difference this time is, as a Short-Side Trader subscriber, you can take advantage of the turmoil to build your wealth, rather than seeing it destroyed.

So take a minute to join Short-Side Trader now and profit from the coming collapse.

Profiting From the Crash: I Guarantee It

Take ninety days to decide — that’ll be plenty of time for you to get a flavor of our short-side trades and to enjoy a few big winners.

If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, simply cancel anytime in that period — even the very last day — for a prompt refund of everything you’ve paid.

https://order.investorplace.com/?sid=AT3207&en=3767592
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum