Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Woody, check this out ...

3 posters

Go down

Hey Woody, check this out ... Empty Hey Woody, check this out ...

Post  =SA= 5/5/2009, 4:49 pm

Report: Favre, Childress To Meet
Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2009, 6:46 p.m. EDT

Well, well, well.

Welcome to the Summer of Favre, Part 2.

Only a day after the former Packers and Jets quarterback supposedly told ESPN’s Trent Dilfer that said former Packers and Jets quarterback won’t be playing again, ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that said former Packers and Jets quarterback will be meeting with the man who’ll be the former Vikings coach absent a postseason win or two. Or three.

Per Werder, Favre and Brad Childress will meet at an “undisclosed location” later this week to discuss the possibility of Favre joining the Vikings for the 2009 season.

Werder says there’s a “mutual understanding” that Favre will soon thereafter decide whether to sign with the Vikings.

Also, Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, reportedly is looking into whether any unemployment quarterbacks coaches are available to work with Favre as he works his way back into playing shape.

In Minnesota, Favre immediately would be installed as the starter, and he’s get the keys to an offense very similar to the one he ran for years in Green Bay.
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Hey Woody, check this out ... Empty Re: Hey Woody, check this out ...

Post  Magic 5/6/2009, 3:38 am

Vikings decide not to pick up Brett Favre and instead sign this new guy for the
$100,000,00 one year contract

Hey Woody, check this out ... Tarkenton_Fran_Action_180-220

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 5/6/2009, 11:58 am

Magic wrote:Vikings decide not to pick up Brett Favre and instead sign this new guy for the
$100,000,00 one year contract

Hey Woody, check this out ... Tarkenton_Fran_Action_180-220

Don't tease me like that Magic, that would be awesome lol
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/6/2009, 1:08 pm

I'm so damned sick of that ongoing saga/story I could puke.

Brett has burned up most all the good feelings many had for him by his indecision to play or not to play. He is a shell of the QB he once was. Be prepared for yet another flameout by a guy who doesn't know when its time to say when its time.

If the Vikes sign him... that's worse than just about anything. I hope GB comes in and flattens him. It will make Minny look like complete idiots. Trust me, Brett couldn't care less about improving the Vikings... he wants a chance to stick it to the Packers. I for one hope they (GB) smack him around like a red-headed stepchild.

(sorry, eh-say and Mrs. Champion...)

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 5/6/2009, 3:30 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:I'm so damned sick of that ongoing saga/story I could puke.

Brett has burned up most all the good feelings many had for him by his indecision to play or not to play. He is a shell of the QB he once was. Be prepared for yet another flameout by a guy who doesn't know when its time to say when its time.

If the Vikes sign him... that's worse than just about anything. I hope GB comes in and flattens him. It will make Minny look like complete idiots. Trust me, Brett couldn't care less about improving the Vikings... he wants a chance to stick it to the Packers. I for one hope they (GB) smack him around like a red-headed stepchild.

(sorry, eh-say and Mrs. Champion...)

No problem Colt ... If it wasn't the Vikings I'd be saying the same thing as you but have you seen our current QB's play? Favre brain alone will make him better. Favre also knows the west coast offense. What we need is someone that can make quick decisions with accurate throws to the receivers and tight ends to take the pressure off Peterson. With Harvin in the slot or going in motion teams will have to decide. Do I put 8 in the box and risk Favre picking me apart of hitting Harvin with a quick slant and he takes it to the house or do we back off with 7 in the box and give Peterson room to roam ... Vikes are a Superbowl contender everywhere but QB.
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 5/8/2009, 12:00 pm

Me thinks Favre and the Vikings are working behind the scenes to see if they can come to terms on a contract. Bret probably told Chili that he does not want to come to OTA's and will work on his own with a trainer in the meantime. Might even have the biceps procedure to fix it up as well. That way Chili doesn't look like a fool not being able to mandate Favre show up to camp until late July ... I'll bet he has a copy of the playbook now after signing a confidentiality statement ...

How's that for keeping the story alive and well Two eyes and teeth
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 5/8/2009, 1:07 pm

Well what do you know ...

Report: Favre sent X-rays to Vikings
May 8th, 2009 – 2:47 PM by Judd Zulgad

This should come as no surprise.

ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre sent X-rays of his right shoulder to the Vikings for medical evaluation. That was the news portion of an alert that just came out. We’ll track down more ASAP. At this point I’m done guessing what this guy might be doing.

This comes a day after Yahoo! Sports reported that Favre was going to retire. The key thing to keep in mind is this: Favre’s decisions change by the minute.
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 5/9/2009, 5:50 am

=SA= my friend.........Why in the world would you be happy about signing him?

1st of all........I doubt he ever plays again.
2ndly.........You`d only get app. 1 year of mediocre from him before he`s ACTUALLY done for good.
Brett can`t go on forever,he`s not God(although GB fans back in the 90`s and earlier this decade thought he was).
The guy is just a ghost of favre past.......But you know,as a Bear fan I would think it would be great,just for the fact we could really pound you guys this upcoming season.........I can see urlacher/Briggs makin a Favre sandwich.

More and more I think about it............Cmon Chilly sign the old man. lol
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 5/9/2009, 8:51 am

wood20ks wrote:=SA= my friend.........Why in the world would you be happy about signing him?

1st of all........I doubt he ever plays again.
2ndly.........You`d only get app. 1 year of mediocre from him before he`s ACTUALLY done for good.
Brett can`t go on forever,he`s not God(although GB fans back in the 90`s and earlier this decade thought he was).
The guy is just a ghost of favre past.......But you know,as a Bear fan I would think it would be great,just for the fact we could really pound you guys this upcoming season.........I can see urlacher/Briggs makin a Favre sandwich.

More and more I think about it............Cmon Chilly sign the old man. lol

Because I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to Vikings QB's pecker
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down