Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In memory of my Uncle

3 posters

Go down

In memory of my Uncle Empty In memory of my Uncle

Post  dblshockpwr 4/26/2009, 5:39 pm

An old timer that lived in Bruceton Mills WV..This one is for you Moe, I remember singing this song with him on the back porch..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN86d0CdgHQ

He taught me how to fly fish when I was just a kid.......

My family originated in the mountains of WV and Western PA........ sometimes I hear them calling me home too......

Maybe sometime in the near future I'll head back where life is a lot more simple.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

In memory of my Uncle Empty Re: In memory of my Uncle

Post  Magic 4/27/2009, 1:26 am

It's pretty wild and insane in eastern PA....especially in the SE lol

Good old John Denver tune.........must admit I never had a relative like that myself.

My family on Dads side lived from Cleveland North Carolina all the way up to Virginia back in the 1800's but all the ones I know moved over here to Washington around 1920

Great grandfather lived in Cleveland NC (born in 1852) and went to the original Wake Forest College so he was a teenager when Lincoln was President.

Your Uncle sounds like a good old guy for sure cheerstoyou

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 4/27/2009, 1:33 am

Sorry for the loss Shocker!!

What part of Western Pa you have family in, my Dads side is settled in New Castle, close to the Ohio border.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 4/27/2009, 1:50 pm

cravnravn wrote:Sorry for the loss Shocker!!

What part of Western Pa you have family in, my Dads side is settled in New Castle, close to the Ohio border.

Uniontown and Connelsville and some in Pittsburgh some in West Virginia.... we were poor Applachia white trash, my dad got in the service and we ended up here..... had a 2nd cousin that played for Penn State That is about my age... (lol it's in the genes) But he never really played, strictly 4 rth team. Last I hear he was farming somewhere in the Uniontown area....

LOL you've never been shopping unless you went to Peachens in Connelsville once.... we used to have a 300 year old farmhouse in Connelsville... Lots of Hecks, Albrights and Harris' in the are are my kin.... Mountian folks for the most part, I'm related and would think twice about going up to some of their places without fair warning Smile

I might end up heading out of Indiana sometime in the near future if some certain things happen in our statehouse this week... so it's something that I am seriously considering right now.... I know I can buy land in WV on the cheap or around Connelsville and maybe commute to Pittsburgh for work, I think it's around 45-an hour away and I could handle that(From Connelsville)....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 4/27/2009, 2:07 pm

Magic wrote:It's pretty wild and insane in eastern PA....especially in the SE lol

Good old John Denver tune.........must admit I never had a relative like that myself.

My family on Dads side lived from Cleveland North Carolina all the way up to Virginia back in the 1800's but all the ones I know moved over here to Washington around 1920

Great grandfather lived in Cleveland NC (born in 1852) and went to the original Wake Forest College so he was a teenager when Lincoln was President.

Your Uncle sounds like a good old guy for sure cheerstoyou

NC is someplace I am looking at too right now Magic.... got a friend thats involved with Habitat for Humanity (paid position) that has been talking to me for a while about getting in there as a paid crew leader for their deconstruction,construction projects.....

Something i have to consider right now really.... Work is supposed to really kick off here in a couple of weeks, but this might end up being my last summer in Hoosierland..... They also have some openings in the Washington State area, but I don't know if I could put up with those West Coasters for very long.....

But my time here might end up being short.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 4/27/2009, 2:44 pm

dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe