Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ben Davis Lady Giants.... National Champs

Go down

The Ben Davis Lady Giants.... National Champs Empty The Ben Davis Lady Giants.... National Champs

Post  dblshockpwr 3/7/2009, 7:30 pm

Chalk up ANOTHER state title for my High School Alma Mater.... AND another National Championship for this storied High School Athletic Department...

They downed The #2 (or #1 depending on which publication you read) BD was #1 or #2 nationally as well and they met in the State finals today.... All the drama you would expect and our Lady Giants pulled it out on a last second shot...

Proud of the Girls...

AND it was also announced today that my former High School football coach will be put into the national High School Football HOf as well (8 State titles and 2 National Championships will do that) Funny thing about that old Bastard... he was all of 5'4"..... but a great coach... awesome, awesome football mind that turned down college offers to stay at BD...

Sorry it was a long night when I posted this.... and it wasn't really clear... the BD Girls playe South Ben Washington yesterday... The BD girls were ranked #1 in the state SB Washington #2... But Both programs are nationally ranked some had BD as #1 in the country, some had SB Washington #1 in the country... Awesome game though
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

The Ben Davis Lady Giants.... National Champs Empty Re: The Ben Davis Lady Giants.... National Champs

Post  Guest 3/8/2009, 1:06 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:

Proud of the Girls...

All those girls came up through elementary school in the Wayne Township school system, too. The coach, Stan Benge, is the PE teacher at the elementary school where my daughter is a teacher. Rhoades, 2shocker.

Quite an athletic program and staff at Ben Davis. My wife thinks very highly of them. She's on staff in the NC Athletic Dept.

Back to top Go down