Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday Night Football

2 posters

Go down

Thursday Night Football Empty Thursday Night Football

Post  Guest 12/19/2008, 5:45 am

That was one of the best games I've watched in a long time! (well, except for the shellacking of the Ravens while sitting alongside of Mr. Cravn, of course...)

It had it all... disgust at an anemic defense at the start, an incredible PRO BOWL STARTER display by Mr. 18, an irritating but enviable running game by the Jags, and the flexing of the muscles by the Colts D when it meant the most.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did...

While watching, I was setting up my 1934 Lionel Train set that was my father's as a boy. It is a passenger train set-up with all kinds of "old-school" animals, people, trees, etc. from old Germany. Very cool. They have one just like it in the local Children's Museum here in Indy. Last time I set it up was in 2000, based on the newspapers certain things were wrapped in. I have all the original boxes and instructions for each part and still use the original transformer. Now that I have a spare room (upstairs over the garage, Magic/Cravn) I can set it up and not be forced to take it down in a couple weeks as I always have, when the Christmas tree came down.

Now that I have a grandson to enjoy it... I just had to put it up. (having little ones around sure does add to the fun of the season, doesn't it?)

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Football Empty Re: Thursday Night Football

Post  cravnravn 12/19/2008, 6:14 am

(having little ones around sure does add to the fun of the season, doesn't it?)

It did!!! enjoy it while it last Kurt, my 10 year old grandson just found out there is no such thing as Santa..I dont know who is more crushed. santa
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 12/19/2008, 11:43 am

Yeah Kurt when it was 14-0 I was not happy at all and even got on the espn board for a minute and then all of a sudden it was 14-7....and then #18 put on a show and the Jags may have a bad record but it isn't because the defense is like Detroit.

Even better was Jr and I both picked them to cover the spread so I had fun on the phone with him after tried to talk him out of going to the Seatoucan game sunday in the freezing snow at Qwest but he couldn't be talked out of it (has to just see Favre before he retires)

That train set that was your Dads sounds great Kurt.......take good care of that so it stays in the family until the end of time smile

(they are worth money from what I have heard too)

My grandaughter is 5 so this is her first actual snow fun out on the sled and all that goes with that.....and the tree and Santa santa

She wants to live here with us and said on the phone she was going to walk over here so I hope the dips pay attention to her since she lives 15 miles away and you know kids believe they can do anything.

Oh and yeah I still remember checking out your place and the train station will work nice upstairs (snow on the golf course yet? )

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 12/19/2008, 2:47 pm

Do your Firehouses set up train gardens like they back east? They are the best, my grandson loves the volunteer house up here, they have 4 different gardens all over the firehouse.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down