Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravens Game

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ravens Game Empty Ravens Game

Post  Agent 99 8/26/2008, 4:48 am

Hey we need to figure out how many tickets we need for everyone coming in for the game. Are Kurt and I the only ones here that have season tickets?? I have 2 available tickets and I'm not sure how many Kurt has. I don't want someone coming in for the game and then to find out there aren't enough tickets for everyone.
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Ravens Game Empty Re: Ravens Game

Post  Magic 8/26/2008, 12:43 pm

I just got your email bro and sent the reply.

So it's official the wife and I will be sitting with 99 with his 2 tix and he told me how we get to the seats and it is pretty much just like last time we were in Indy smile

We are staying at the Canterbury and Blue is staying at the same hotel.

I don't know what their restaurant is like but maybe that could be a place to get all of us together before Blue and Cravn take off back to Pennsylvania.

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8783
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/26/2008, 12:58 pm

Actually we split tickets for the season but that isn't one of my games...(sorry guys I like you and all but I'm NOT giving up my Colts-Pats tickets for any reason at all)

So I am probably going to have to hit stub-hub myself (or swallow my pride and call the ex to see if her unlce can hook up my tix)

I have a feeling alot of my time will be spent at the beer garden on the north face of the stadium though....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/26/2008, 2:08 pm

Looks like Blue, Kurt, and maybe 2shocker will be terrorizing Twisted Evil Cravn in Section 609 Row 4 Seats 1,2,3,4

cheerstoyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/26/2008, 2:12 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:
I have a feeling alot of my time will be spent at the beer garden on the north face of the stadium though....

Sorry, but if you use my tix... you better not abandon the seat... bs if you plan to hang in the garden... go to StubHub... my son will sit with us!

Sorry, but that's how I roll...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/26/2008, 2:26 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Looks like Blue, Kurt, and maybe 2shocker will be terrorizing Twisted Evil Cravn in Section 609 Row 4 Seats 1,2,3,4

cheerstoyou

Let's put Cravn in seat number 1 so he can pay for all the beers passed onto seats 2, 3, and 4!! cheerstoyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/26/2008, 2:30 pm

Magic wrote:
I don't know what their restaurant is like but maybe that could be a place to get all of us together before Blue and Cravn take off back to Pennsylvania.

Thought we were considering Shula's? I have absolutely no feel for what may be a good place for us to have dinner on Sunday evening but that would be a blast if we can find one within walking distance. The Canterbury is a hotel and hotel restaurants are often notoriously over-priced and sub-par.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/26/2008, 3:13 pm

Shulas is fine by me since Donny Boy threw me out of the steakhouse in Baltimore..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 8/26/2008, 4:21 pm

Shula's is ok and it is close .......right in the area since we walked by the place last time I was there.

Didn't go inside so I don't know how big the place is or if it gets full of people.

Looked small from the sidewalk but that doesn't mean much.

Kurt probably knows the place.

(btw Blue last time I was there the Omni had a nice restaurant and fair price too.......but then I couldn't get that place this time around)

I hope the Canterbury turns out ok since I will be there 5 nights.

We have a tour guide set up though........they call him "Colts Kurt" hellyes
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/26/2008, 6:58 pm

Magic wrote:
We have a tour guide set up though........they call him "Colts Kurt" hellyes

Damn. Do you suppose he'll expect a tip?

Sounds like Blue, Cravn, Bill & Joyce are in for Shula's. How's that sound to you, Kurt and can you make it?

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/26/2008, 7:54 pm

Guys trust us locals on this one... If you want the best steak in downtown Indy... then got to St. Elmo's.

Shula's is Ok..... But it's not even close to Elmo's
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/26/2008, 7:55 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:

Sorry, but if you use my tix... you better not abandon the seat... bs if you plan to hang in the garden... go to StubHub... my son will sit with us!

Sorry, but that's how I roll...

CK if you hook me up with a seat then that won't be any problem at all.... I was thinking I might have to buy 2 tix from the hub and find somebody to take the 2nd ticket.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/27/2008, 1:30 am

dblshockpwr wrote:Guys trust us locals on this one... If you want the best steak in downtown Indy... then got to St. Elmo's.

Well then your ass better be intown to show us tourists where to go!!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/27/2008, 1:32 am

Ravens Game Dogls5

My Stealer Fan Neighbor has that sign in his yard, Im trying to find some Ravens pictures to re-decorate it with..I owe him one for all the Stealer shit he trashed my property with!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/27/2008, 1:34 am

Yo Kurt, question for you, Blue and I will most likely arrive on the same flight, Is there an Light Rail, bus or Taxi service from the Airport to Downtown?
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 8/27/2008, 3:52 am

cravnravn wrote:Yo Kurt, question for you, Blue and I will most likely arrive on the same flight, Is there an Light Rail, bus or Taxi service from the Airport to Downtown?

I imagine they have the same way we rode to the hotel last time from the airport.

It was sort of a van I guess and we were the only 2 he drove us to and from the airport.......I think it was pretty cheap too.

The wife always handles that stuff for me so all I remember is him dropping us off in front of the Omni and then picking us up and back to the airport.

It wasn't a taxi,bus,or train.......that's all I remember.
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/27/2008, 4:44 am

BlueShoes1 wrote:
ColtsKurt wrote:Looks like Blue, Kurt, and maybe 2shocker will be terrorizing Twisted Evil Cravn in Section 609 Row 4 Seats 1,2,3,4

cheerstoyou

Let's put Cravn in seat number 1 so he can pay for all the beers passed onto seats 2, 3, and 4!! cheerstoyou

I dunno, Blue... #1's always been CK's seat... but the mention of free beer...

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 8/27/2008, 5:23 am

dblshockpwr wrote:Guys trust us locals on this one... If you want the best steak in downtown Indy... then got to St. Elmo's.

2Shock is right..... St. Elmo's is the way to go. Someone will probably have to get reservations. Do we want to do it after the game or do we all want to meet Saturday night and have dinner. If we all meet Saturday night I'll make plans to spend the weekend in Indy as well.
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/27/2008, 5:55 am

cravnravn wrote:

Well then your ass better be intown to show us tourists where to go!!!!

The Blue Crew before the game... St. Elmo's....The Slippery Noodle....All places that you CAN'T go wrong with..... also Baseys Road House Saloon right by the stadium (actually it used to be called IC's AKA INDIANA CARPENTERS.... it was our own personal hangout downtown for years...)

Cravn I've even got a place that you will love....... It's called Mann's Grill it's not downtown and is a little farther out west but they have some of the best all-american food from the heartland you will ever eat... and it has HUGE portions.... it doesn't LOOK like much but it is off the hook.... they bring the big breakfast out on meat platters...LOL

The people that aren't union fans probably shouldn't go..... it's a union place.... The story is the Chrysler Foundry was right across the street from the place for years and they made a nice little bit of money doing business with the guys... well one day Mann's burnt down and Rosie (the owner) didn't have the money to rebuild.... the guys at Chrysler, Allison's (GM) the airport mechanics and others all got together and raised the money for her to rebuild the joint....

She was so grateful to everybody that she promised that no working man would ever go hungry at her place... ever.... so that is why the food is darn good and she makes sure everybody has LOTS of it with their order..... I figure a couple of teamsters like you and 99 would appreciate that place..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/27/2008, 6:22 am

Oh yeah.. and if you guys are coming to town then you HAVE to take a trip over to Speedway and eat at The Mug N Bun drive in..... the place has been in business for 50 years..... they still bring the food out to the car (they also have an outdoor dining area) but they still make their OWN rootbeer..... the footlong chili cheese and the onion rings are to die for....... Awesome place to eat.....

AND for the race fans I suggest a trip to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum followed up by 9 holes at the Speedways golf course....It's a Pete Dye course and it is one of the best in the midwest... The NCAA Hall of Champions and the State Museum are also really nice....

But personally I would suggest a trip to the Eitlejorg Museum.. (especially because of my American Indian heritage) But it is one of the absolute best American Indian History Museums in the world... lots and lots of history in that place and it is EXTREMELY cool......

and you've got to check out an indians game sitting in the outfield at the best little ballpark in the USA at Victory Field.....

I WOULD suggest though that you keep the little lady away from Circle Center this time around though Magic.... they just opened up a new Nordstroms in there....... Smile
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/27/2008, 6:26 am

Jesus Chris Shock, we are there for 2 days and one of those days is spoken for..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/27/2008, 6:28 am

cravnravn wrote:Jesus Chris Shock, we are there for 2 days and one of those days is spoken for..

LOL just making suggestions Cravn buddy..... So you guys don't run out of things to do...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/27/2008, 7:48 am

Let me get the schedule straight...

Saturday:
- 2:00: Arrive in downtown Indy
- 3:00: Mug & Bun drive-in for a quick bite to eat
- 3:20: Stop at ATM so Cravn can pick up beer money for the game
- 4:00: Drive out to the Motor Speedway museum, check out the museum then play 9 holes of golf
- 8:00: Return to downtown (bypassing Nordstrom's) and stop by Basey's Road House Saloon for a few beers
- 9:30: St. Elmo's for a late nite meal and cocktail
- Midnight: Crash back at hotel.

Sunday:
- 9:00: Breakfast somewhere near hotel
- 10:00: Locate and attend tail gate party in the Bean Lot
- 12:30: Get to the stadium and find seats
- 1:00: Commence watching veritable beat-down of the rat birds for the next 3+ hours
- 4:30: Back to hotel to remove beer-soaked clothing and clean up for dinner
- 6:30: Dinner and drinks at Shula's

Miss anything? Let's see...the Slippery Noodle, Mann's Grill, NCAA Hall of Fame museum and an "Indian's game". Sheeesh!

Seriously, I don't plan to rent a car and I'm sure Cravn doesn't either so anything we do will pretty much have to be confined to the downtown area. There''ll be plenty to do there in the relatively short amount of time we're in town.

Is getting together somewhere for a backyard grill outside of the question for Saturday?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/27/2008, 8:17 am

BlueShoes1 wrote:
Is getting together somewhere for a backyard grill outside of the question for Saturday?

We could do that from 3:35-3:45 on Saturday, I suppose...

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/27/2008, 9:58 am

- 1:00: Commence watching veritable beat-down of the rat birds for the next 3+ hours

Good gawd I hope the Colts dont lose a home game before we get there, the beat down will be that much more special.

~Long Live The Curse
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next