Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Kurt

Go down

Hey Kurt Empty Hey Kurt

Post  cravnravn 5/27/2008, 9:43 am

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:26 a.m. ET, Tues., May. 27, 2008
For 19 hours Richard Neely and Allyson Dalton clung to each other and to life, alone in a vast ocean, hoping that the search crews above would find them before the sharks below.

They were on the second day of a scuba-diving trip on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef last Friday when their ordeal began, the couple told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Tuesday in New York. After an hour’s dive, they surfaced about 200 meters (220 yards) from their dive boat, which was moored in the idyllic-sounding Paradise Lagoon. They expected the boat to send a dinghy to pick them up, but although they could clearly see the boat, no one on the boat saw them.

Neely blew his dive whistle. He and Dalton yelled. He waved a 6-foot-long dive buoy in the air. Gradually, the realization sank in that no one on the boat could see them, and, with a strong current pulling them away from the boat, they couldn’t swim to it.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24836740/?GT1=43001

Holy Shit!!!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hey Kurt Empty Re: Hey Kurt

Post  Guest 5/27/2008, 12:10 pm

I saw that on TV this morning... gulp.

That's the 2nd/3rd story about dives at the great Barrier Reef in Australia that went waaaay bad... I don't plan to travel half way around the world to get wet.

you know me Crav... de Caribe be just fine fo me, mon.

That story has made me consider buying a horn that integrates into the regulator (breathing device) for emergencies like that!

Back to top Go down