Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We got us a nooner boys

4 posters

Go down

We got us a nooner boys Empty We got us a nooner boys

Post  =SA= 4/15/2008, 11:17 am

Sept. 14: Indianapolis at Vikings (noon, CBS) booya unripebooya booya unripebooya booya

Yepper, the Vikes are gonna be puttin it toooooo the Colts. Do ya feel friski, do ya lol
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

We got us a nooner boys Empty Re: We got us a nooner boys

Post  cravnravn 4/15/2008, 12:00 pm

Noon?? whaddupwitdat

Reminds me of all the old Baltimore Colts Games, we never had a 1pm game at home.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/15/2008, 1:50 pm

Its good to have goals that are unattainable, Eh Say. Keeps you working to get better.

Better tell them boys to work real hard to get a whole lot better... gonna be a long day for them Vikings in their own dome...

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 4/15/2008, 6:18 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Its good to have goals that are unattainable, Eh Say. Keeps you working to get better.

Better tell them boys to work real hard to get a whole lot better... gonna be a long day for them Vikings in their own dome...

Yea, I hear the over/under is 200 yards for Peterson. Hope none of your defensive players get hurt trying to tackle him...... bounce
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 4/16/2008, 8:22 am

=SA= wrote:
ColtsKurt wrote:Its good to have goals that are unattainable, Eh Say. Keeps you working to get better.

Yea, I hear the over/under is 200 yards for Peterson. Hope none of your defensive players get hurt trying to tackle him...... bounce

LOL now thats funny SA..... considering AD got hurt diving into the end zone in college with nobody even touching him.... I hate to think of what might happen to him when BAD Bob Sanders lays the smack down on him.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 4/16/2008, 3:12 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:
=SA= wrote:

LOL now thats funny SA..... considering AD got hurt diving into the end zone in college with nobody even touching him.... I hate to think of what might happen to him when BAD Bob Sanders lays the smack down on him.

It will be interesting that's for sure. Bob Sanders is a bad little shit that's for sure.
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 4/16/2008, 4:06 pm

BTW...

AD is one of the FEW rb's that have come around recently that I really truly just watching run..... He reminds as a cross of Eric Dickerson and Faulk.... Just a pure joy to watch run... Faulk is the last guy I just loved to just sit back and watch him make guys look dumb out there until AD came along.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 4/18/2008, 9:46 am

dblshockpwr wrote:BTW...

AD is one of the FEW rb's that have come around recently that I really truly just watching run..... He reminds as a cross of Eric Dickerson and Faulk.... Just a pure joy to watch run... Faulk is the last guy I just loved to just sit back and watch him make guys look dumb out there until AD came along.

I wrote this on November 27th 2007 to explain what I saw in Peterson:

Thanks Shock

He's the only reason I stay excited about watching the Viking games this year. Better to watch than Randy Moss because he gets soooo many more touches as a RB.

I've been watching football since the late fifties. YA Tittle, Big Daddy Lipmsomb, Lou Grousa. He'll it's so long ago I don't even know how to spell their names anymore.

I watched all the great running backs from Brown, to OJ, to Gale Sayers (who was my favorite until now, too bad he got hurt young) Dickerson, Payton, Sanders and on and on. I've tried to compare him to the great running backs of the past and I've come to the conclusion he has some qualities from several backs.

* The power of Brown (Brown's once ran for 6.4 yards a carry and Peterson is currently at 6.6)
* Runs angry like Payton and Campbell (needs to slow down on that later or he will have a short carrier)
* Has the open field speed of Bo Jackson (Although he only runs a 4.38 my guess is that he is so strong he still runs 4.38 in pads when everyone else is taking a .1 haircut)
* Is starting to remind me of Tomlinson the way he is now waiting for the holes to open and then motoring through.
* Also has that subtle body move that freezes DB's. I guess like Payton but not as pronounced as Sanders. (That's the shiftyest little sucker I've ever seen)
* Has a spin move like my old favorite Chuck Foreman and hurdles players like no one I've ever seen before.
* Probably has the best size, speed ratio I've ever seen. Once he's in the open field it's over and that amazing for a man his size.

I was in the stands in Chicago when he ran for 224 and watched every minute of the 296 effort. I feel like I'm watching history in the making every play.

Watch inside the nfl tonight and you will see what I mean toothy
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 4/18/2008, 5:18 pm

Vikes 38
Colts 17

You heard it here first,
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 4/20/2008, 7:05 am

cravnravn wrote:Vikes 38
Colts 17

You heard it here first,

Looks like there will be at least two of us taking the Vikings and 6.5 points. I love taking the home team and the points at home openers. It will be like taking candy from a baby lol
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 4/21/2008, 12:09 pm

Thsi is from a Kevin Hench column:

But when I say "football" I mean Adrian Peterson making guys look stupid, a heat-seeking Bob Sanders flying to the ball and teams still kicking to Devin Hester. Not Roger Goodell reading names at a podium.

Looks like we're going to see if Adrian can escape the stinger missile week two lol

Can't wait bounce
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 4/21/2008, 7:59 pm

Colts 35 Vikes 12

And yeah you spelled Big Daddy's name wrong!

He was a STAR cheerstoyou

Come on Cravn set the Vike straight!

The Colts will beat the Vikes AND the B-Crows!!!

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8784