Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So here's what happened with my handgun permit..

Go down

So here's what happened with my handgun permit.. Empty So here's what happened with my handgun permit..

Post  dblshockpwr 3/9/2008, 7:59 am

The denial was a mistake..(imagine that)

The way the new NICS(federal) background check works is.... if you have a SIMILAR NAME to someone that has ever been convicted of a felony or domestic violence... well it it will kick your name out and deny you as well.

So guess what happened t me? Someone with a very similar name (same first and last name from the same city) was released from prison for burglary the same week that my permit was processed.(even though he happened to be a BLACK guy and I'm not... Hmmmm not a very good system eg?)

I guess they don't check your fingerprints that they REQUIRE you to submit?

SO that being said my application is now being fasttracked..... Hmmm maybe I should file a lawsuit..... they of course violated my civil rights correct?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

So here's what happened with my handgun permit.. Empty Re: So here's what happened with my handgun permit..

Post  Guest 3/11/2008, 4:40 am

dblshockpwr wrote:The denial was a mistake..(imagine that)

The way the new NICS(federal) background check works is.... if you have a SIMILAR NAME to someone that has ever been convicted of a felony or domestic violence... well it it will kick your name out and deny you as well.

So guess what happened t me? Someone with a very similar name (same first and last name from the same city) was released from prison for burglary the same week that my permit was processed.(even though he happened to be a BLACK guy and I'm not... Hmmmm not a very good system eg?)

I guess they don't check your fingerprints that they REQUIRE you to submit?

SO that being said my application is now being fasttracked..... Hmmm maybe I should file a lawsuit..... they of course violated my civil rights correct?

I'd rather they be safe than sorry... well worth a bit of an inconvenience than have a felon out there carrying a gun legally! Let it go and be happy someone was on guard... bro. horsey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum