Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trust

3 posters

Go down

Trust Empty Trust

Post  Guest 2/24/2008, 8:32 am

Been awhile since I posted on this subject, but something tells me its time to do so again.

Its great that the BC has been able to stay alive for 8, going on 9 years. What makes it happen is the trust we all have in one another. Everyday we're told not to trust anyone or anything on the internet, but the BC allows us to say "NOT SO FAST, THERE, PAL!"

They say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. (Pretty original, eh?) Well the BC has made us all dreamers and for me, a believer, too. We CAN trust some of those we "meet" online.

Lets be happy our BC friends are some of the one's we can trust. As long as we can maintain the level of trust we have with one another, we'll see years 10, 11, 12, etc.

Its very important that we all continue to do the right thing.

Thanks again to Mighty, Magic, Blue, and any other Cadre member I've missed. (Yes, even the Rusty Rodent (aka Golden Shower, er Mole), even though he bailed on us this year... hope he comes back!)

BATTER UP!
hellyes

Back to top Go down

Trust Empty Re: Trust

Post  cravnravn 2/24/2008, 11:29 am

Yes sir, trust is earned...I remember back in the day, I was recooping from my 3rd back surgery, not sleeping well, up all hours of the night..I'd long on to ESPN and this TROLL IGOTSKILLZ would make my day, then this dude Magic would pipe in, and we start BSing about the Colts, the old Colts especially. It be 3am in the morning my time and we'd still be going strong.Then I got the ultimate invite when Magic invited me to the BC in 01..Of course I was skeptical with sending money to someone I had never met..But you know what, Im glad I did, its one big happy BC Family..

Went through the same thing with Ravens Fans too, we have even taken it further..We have met, we have partied together. went to games, tailgaited..Now we will all attend a funeral together..

Its an extended family..And its nice to know that everybody on the net is not a butthead..

Heck, even had my man Blue over for a Colts/Ravens game..

Cant wait to meet up in Indy, so I can heckle some Colts/Bears fans after the Ravens kick some Colts ass this year..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/24/2008, 1:51 pm

cravnravn wrote:Yes sir, trust is earned...I remember back in the day, I was recooping from my 3rd back surgery, not sleeping well, up all hours of the night..I'd long on to ESPN and this TROLL IGOTSKILLZ would make my day, then this dude Magic would pipe in, and we start BSing about the Colts, the old Colts especially. It be 3am in the morning my time and we'd still be going strong.Then I got the ultimate invite when Magic invited me to the BC in 01..Of course I was skeptical with sending money to someone I had never met..But you know what, Im glad I did, its one big happy BC Family..

Went through the same thing with Ravens Fans too, we have even taken it further..We have met, we have partied together. went to games, tailgaited..Now we will all attend a funeral together..

Its an extended family..And its nice to know that everybody on the net is not a butthead..

Heck, even had my man Blue over for a Colts/Ravens game..

Cant wait to meet up in Indy, so I can heckle some Colts/Bears fans after the Ravens kick some Colts ass this year..

That was going well until the last sentence, that's when he started hallucinating and having delusional thoughts again... poor guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/24/2008, 3:34 pm

Good post, Kurt. Yes, there is trust on this board and it's devoid of trolls and smack (well, Cravn does get a bit boisterous at times but that's about it). Generally a nice, quiet place to check in with virtual buddies, vent, and otherwise enjoy each other's company. Oh, and please don't include me in any thanks for the BC and all that Mighty and Magic do. I've been out of the cadre for over 3 years now. I did put up and maintain a web site for a season or so until I took it down (that was the weekend I visited Cravn's digs) after getting tired of being Miguel's conduit for anger and hate. Since then I'm just a player...been one since season one, I believe, and will once again attempt to get my second BC championship next season...God, did I suck this year, or what?

Lookin' forward to a trip to Lucas Oil Stadium in the fall. Man I hope we can get seats!!!

T.R.U.S.T. - Terminate cRavn's Useless Smack Talk ? wink

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/24/2008, 3:52 pm

Dale Ernhardt- The Intimidator

CravnRavn--The Instigator
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/24/2008, 3:55 pm

God, did I suck this year, or what?

Reg season, I was lower than whale poop
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/24/2008, 7:21 pm

Very well said Kurt.........I applaude you.clap

What the hell is trust anyways?

Is it something you find at home?
From your wife and kids?
Family?

How about friends?

Sure we can all trust our family,but friends........Friends are hard to come by.
Although you think you have friends........sometimes they stab you in the back when not looking.
I know I can count on you Kurt........Cravn........Magic........Mighty........and some others on here.
It`s nice to know when you send chips to the Magical Kingdom he is "stand-up" shall we say ,when it comes time to depart the chips.......
It`s nice to know when you open your envelope and there are you chips in hand.......As promised and TRUSTED.

Too bad others don`t realize the same thing........
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/24/2008, 10:23 pm

Thanks guys smile

I agree with all of you.......it gets better each year and I can tell we all are good friends even if we live all over the place!

There has been many times when I wasn't feelin' good and I click on the site and it makes me smile reading the posts of the day (and I will drink to that too)

It would be great if we all went to the new stadium to see a game next season.........just like last time I was there it would seem like a miracle but I'm sure you will let me know and see the pictures if I don't make it.

Ok I am actually hittin' the hay early for once so I can have the fun of going to the dentist in the morning.

(which reminds me the office is called the Jamestown Dental and when I googled the place the top 2 on the list is mine and one with the same damn name in Indianapolis hellyes )

.....goodnight cheerstoyou

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/25/2008, 6:14 am

wood20ks wrote:Very well said Kurt.........I applaude you.clap

What the hell is trust anyways?

Is it something you find at home?
From your wife and kids?
Family?

How about friends?

Sure we can all trust our family,but friends........Friends are hard to come by.
Although you think you have friends........sometimes they stab you in the back when not looking.
I know I can count on you Kurt........Cravn........Magic........Mighty........and some others on here.
It`s nice to know when you send chips to the Magical Kingdom he is "stand-up" shall we say ,when it comes time to depart the chips.......
It`s nice to know when you open your envelope and there are you chips in hand.......As promised and TRUSTED.

Too bad others don`t realize the same thing........

I should have included a few others trust worthies like Blue........=SA=........and 2shock....Sorry guys.
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum