Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigh Time to upgrade the laptop...

2 posters

Go down

Sigh Time to upgrade the laptop... Empty Sigh Time to upgrade the laptop...

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2008, 4:59 am

Going to get the 250 GB notebook HD and looking at a new video card as well....

Then my machine will be the envy of every laptop owner in the universe...LOL

(for about a week anyway!! LOL)
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Sigh Time to upgrade the laptop... Empty Re: Sigh Time to upgrade the laptop...

Post  Administrator 1/6/2008, 7:23 am

That's cool. At some point I'll be picking up a Dell XPS laptop with the broadband internet card (they call it an "air card"). They hit you for about $60 a month for the internet connection, but it's worth it. AT&T has good coverage and connection speed, my cell phone is already with those guys. Anywhere you can make a cell call, you can go online.
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/6/2008, 7:25 am

I'm readying to enter that galaxy... on the company dime, of course...

Left pocket, right pocket... comes down to a write off or not on technology items like that.

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2008, 11:46 am

mighty_colts wrote:That's cool. At some point I'll be picking up a Dell XPS laptop with the broadband internet card (they call it an "air card"). They hit you for about $60 a month for the internet connection, but it's worth it. AT&T has good coverage and connection speed, my cell phone is already with those guys. Anywhere you can make a cell call, you can go online.

Yeah Mighty... I've been on Sprint's mobile broadband for about a year or so now....(give or take a few months..)

EVDO is the only way to go these days.... And yeah it's right at $60 a month... be careful though buddy!!! Isn't AT&T Verizon? If so Verizon's mobile broadband IS NOT unlimited usage at that price.... You have a set amount of KB's you can download from them per month and then they start to charge you by the KB.....

Personally I can't wait until they get WI-MAX up and running...... it will blow the connection cards out of the water!!

Make sure you go online and check out THIS FORUM!! EVDOforums.com before you take the plunge into the completely wireless world!! You can check with them to make sure the high-speed internet is available in your area or not..(not all area's have high speed connections wirelessly yet... some of them are actually SLOWER than dial-up)

PLUS when you buy your new laptop most of them only have express card slots now, not the older slots for the aircard.... make sure that AT$T offers an express card connection.... and of course just about every laptop ever made now has WiFi already built in as well....

I'm actually thinking about dumping the EVDO for a good old fashioned DSL line from SBC here just because I can get the DSL for 15.00 a month instead of $60..... And if I'm mobile I can ALWAYS hack a WiFi connection if I need to...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down