Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little League Team...Under the Lights..

2 posters

Go down

My Little League Team...Under the Lights.. Empty My Little League Team...Under the Lights..

Post  dblshockpwr 10/1/2006, 6:31 am

The little league football team I coach is playing for their league championship next Saturday under the lights!!1 LOLOL

Good bunch of kids this season.. I've gotta QB thats 7 and can throw the ball close to 30yards on a rope LOL!!! And a converted soccer player that cathes everything thrown his way and then leaves the other kids eating his dust as he scores a TZD almost everytime he touches the ball.

Great kids and I'm having WAY more fun coaching them than I ever did coaching the kids at the high school level..(the little guys actually LISTEN and it's great teaching them the fundamentals)

LOL When they figured out that I was right, and that if you knock the other guys on their asses you win football games, well lets just say they have embraced that philosophy LOL.. The biggest team competition we have is for the hitter of the week jersey, they expect to score TD's now...... But are taking greater pride in blocking and tackling and playing good sound football. I've done my job this year..... drinkbeer
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

My Little League Team...Under the Lights.. Empty Re: My Little League Team...Under the Lights..

Post  Guest 10/1/2006, 8:05 am

Good job, 2shock! I coached LL and Babe Ruth Baseball and LL Softball for years... or at least until the boys were 15 and the girls 12. Nothing better than that - the feeling of making a difference and having success. And we were lucky enough to have a special group of kids, so the wins came easy.

Where was your HS coaching? Local?

Without people like you, the whole system fails. clap

Just ask anyone associated with IPS... (IPS=Indpls Public Schools)

Back to top Go down

My Little League Team...Under the Lights.. Empty Re: My Little League Team...Under the Lights..

Post  dblshockpwr 10/1/2006, 6:11 pm

Thanks Kurt...

I've been around a few different programs, BD, Cathedral and a very small school way out west.. LOL

Right now a good friend of mine asked me to help him out with his son and his local kids farther out west, but not too far lol...

Of course I can never say where, my BD friends would kill me for helping this other system build a winner... They've got the kids to be succesful, they just need a complete overhaul from the Varsity to the JV to the Junior highs and the feeder systems... They just let things get run down and need to completely redo the whole system.... AND they need to get away from the "Everybdoy needs self-esteem BS" and let the kids play ball... LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 10/1/2006, 11:15 pm

You lucky guys!

I always wanted to coach.......mainly HS or higher up.

I wanted to play pro basketball and played City League and vs college and a few pro's in the past so that would be my thing but I have been a football junkie since the 60's so I would have done that too.

I'm not a baseball type of coach though.

Pro's these days drive me nuts watching the way they act like dumbass kids though.

(Just like that other Magic you may have heard of)

You're lucky I don't live in Indy or I would bug you guys and your coaching smile
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/2/2006, 4:50 am

It was great, Magic. With the boys, we won League and State Titles.

Babe Ruth 13 & 14 State Champs. Actually got some "international" wins too, as Indy used to play Scarborough, Canada in a number of sports, incl. baseball. I helped the US/Indy team beat up on the boys from up north. It was way cool!

Had a group of 12 year olds that should have played on TV in the LL World Series, but an overzealous head coach had the core of the team play in an unsanctioned tournament (that we won) and another team's coach was there scouting. Got tossed from the LL tourney. Now days that's not a problem. He was banned from LL coaching after that.

The girls were tough and won district and region, but got beat at state. 12 YO girls are so tough to coach. Try to coach them and they get all emotional and CRY. I melt when that happens.

I miss those days. A friend and I wanted to get back into it now that our kids are grown, but a couple old guys - that don't have kids playing -wanting to coach raised eyebrows... so we decided it wasn't worth it. Too bad... that would've been fun. Leave it to the parents, I guess. So much for having unbiased coaches...

Now days... its about diving... (and avoiding sting rays!) and the Colts, of course. one_finger_salute

and beating up on the stoner, the lush, and baby Cravn... hellyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down