Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookie Question

+4
Administrator
cravnravn
Agent 99
Swanshaft
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rookie Question Empty Rookie Question

Post  Swanshaft 11/4/2007, 4:27 am

I was reading the rule book again and needed some clarification.

Everyone participates in the playoffs? And someone in dead last at the end of the regular season could win it all? If that is the case, the regular season doesnt mean that much except for the divisional chip winners right?
Swanshaft
Swanshaft
She got the goldmine, I got the Shaft

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Back to top Go down

Rookie Question Empty Re: Rookie Question

Post  Agent 99 11/4/2007, 6:05 am

Swan I believe in the past the divisional chip winners get more pts than the wildcard players for there pics during the playoffs. You'll have to get a straight answer from the big man.
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/4/2007, 7:51 am

You got it right, Swan. After the regular season everyone starts with ZERO points and all have the same shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 11/4/2007, 8:31 am

Since when Blue? I thought divisional winners rec'd more points for their best bets in week 1 of the playoffs. Ex, todays game: if this was first round of the playoffs I'd get 2 points when the Pats crush the Colts as where you would get 1 point as being a wildcard participant
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/4/2007, 10:38 am

cravnravn wrote: being a wildcard participant

Too funny! Wild card participant! That would make the Ravens the jock strap washers, I guess!

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/4/2007, 11:00 am

Swan, the old playoff format sucked, lol

To sum it up, with the old format, only the division winners had a chance to win the championship. So look at our divisions this year for example.....there are 6 divisions. This means that only six players would have a chance to win the championship....but there are 23 players!!!

Only 6 out of 23 would have a shot. There can only be one divisional champ, no matter how good the other players in the division are. One player is going to edge out the others, even if it's by a tie breaker, yet that one person would have an enormous advantage in the playoffs.

During the BC's first 6 seasons, only division winners won the championship except for one year, when Blueshoes won it by one point over a division winner by hitting his preseason SB picks, which is a LONG shot at best.

In that old format, a non-division winner could outperform a division winner in the playoffs, yet not even be close to winning the championship. Please explain how that is a good system lol

But NOW the playoff format is set up to reward excellence....PLAYOFF excellence....money time!!! king Everybody has an equal shot. Look at the two top winners from last season.....Birdsofsilence and Arkman40. Those two guys stunk up the joint during the regular season. But once the money was on the table, they proved they were money players!! king

So our current format is a hell of a lot more fun and fair than the original format.

And as for the regular season......well, you can go for the division chips which returns your chip buy-in to you, you also get bragging rights for being a divisional champ which you add to your BC resume, and you basically have fun competing against the other players in your division.

So if you simply enjoy handicapping football games and competing.....then the regular season is not meaningless, eh?

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Rookie Question 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/4/2007, 12:36 pm

During the BC's first 6 seasons, only division winners won the championship except for one year, when Blueshoes won it by one point over a division winner by hitting his preseason SB picks, which is a LONG shot at best.

Hey, I had that championship locked solid from week one!!! Yes, I did!! But no one but me knew it! Ha!

Now, Cravn, do you believe what I previously posted? There is no advantage to winning your division except that you get your chip donation refunded. Not that that's anything you need to worry about. mischief

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 11/5/2007, 3:13 am

That's not true Mighty.

Look back at when I finished second in 2001. I believe I was a wild card and came within a few pts of winning the whole damn thing. I believe I stunk it up all season and almost pulled it off during the playoffs. It's possible for someone with a wild card to win. You just need to be on your A game when you make your pics. I believe I might of hit 2 straight parlays and was right up there with you Mighty.
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/7/2007, 10:10 am

I think I have the stats for 2001, so we'll see how it went down. You may have actually out-performed me in the 3 playoff rounds, but my huge advantage as a division winner was the difference. I'm not sure about that, but I'll check. I still haven't posted all available stats for previous years on the Archives page. Doing that will take a lot of time....I should probably do a little bit at a time.

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 11/7/2007, 2:03 pm

Swanshaft wrote:I was reading the rule book again and needed some clarification.

Everyone participates in the playoffs? And someone in dead last at the end of the regular season could win it all? If that is the case, the regular season doesnt mean that much except for the divisional chip winners right?

Ha! That's what I've been fricken saying all year. See, Swanny gets it hellyes Why even worry about the regular season because it don't mean shit lol

I like it the old way more better cowboy
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 11/7/2007, 2:06 pm

I have also said we give waaaaaaaaaaay to many points out at the Super Bowl. All you gotado is nail the Superbowl and you are over half way to the BC Championship. That's just not right man. All that hard work during the season and I get creamed every year because I can't pick one fricken game sucks

But what's a guy going to do bawlin
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/7/2007, 2:08 pm

=SA= wrote:I have also said we give waaaaaaaaaaay to many points out at the Super Bowl. All you gotado is nail the Superbowl and you are over half way to the BC Championship. That's just not right man. All that hard work during the season and I get creamed every year because I can't pick one fricken game sucks

But what's a guy going to do bawlin

Just go ahead and send your *CHIPS* to me next year, that what you should do...

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 11/7/2007, 2:08 pm

Are you saying you don't want the 30 *chips* if you win your division SA?????

That would save me some time and........

Btw in 2001 I was the 2nd place chipster and would have won if not for the Rams losing my 7 point lead on SB sunday bluehoo

And I picked them in honor of "Blue_Thunder" the Ram fan that passed away the month before.

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 8781

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 11/8/2007, 12:31 pm

[quote="Magic"][color=blue][b]Are you saying you don't want the 30 *chips* if you win your division SA?????

That would save me some time and........

Oh, go ahead and send them Magic, I'd hate to break with tradition pecker

The year the Vikings win the Super Bowl will probably be the year I win the BC drinkbeer

Not holding my breath though wtf
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 11/8/2007, 6:21 pm

BlueShoes1 wrote:During the BC's first 6 seasons, only division winners won the championship except for one year, when Blueshoes won it by one point over a division winner by hitting his preseason SB picks, which is a LONG shot at best.

Hey, I had that championship locked solid from week one!!! Yes, I did!! But no one but me knew it! Ha!

Now, Cravn, do you believe what I previously posted? There is no advantage to winning your division except that you get your chip donation refunded. Not that that's anything you need to worry about. mischief

HA..... If Donovan McNabb knew how to run a fucking 2 minute drill I would have that Championship that year!!

I wish TO would have kicked McNabbs ass instead of that LBers!!
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  Swanshaft 11/10/2007, 11:55 am

What if we just have the 6 divisional winners and some wild cards compete. To the players who didnt have a good handicapping season, better luck next year. In this format its like miami going 0-16 then getting hot in the playoffs and winning it all. Just a thought....

I know, I know, I am a stupid rookie who doesnt know what hes talking about. I just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts... hammerhead
Swanshaft
Swanshaft
She got the goldmine, I got the Shaft

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/10/2007, 1:01 pm

ha ha ha....that's some funny shit.

Swan, you said that you want to hear other people's thoughts?? Ok, here's a thought for you......FUCK YOU!!!!!! How's THAT for a thought!!
lol

SA, you keep saying that you never win the BC Championship because you always pooch the SB. Well, actually.....you always pooch the entire post season!! WTF?? You only hit TWO Best Bets last January. And because of that, even if you were able to go perfect in the Super Bowl, you would have still lost......LOL

So what you're saying is that you can't win the championship without a FUCKING HANDICAP???? You need extra points to give you an advantage??? You pussy!!!!!!!! Is your name Belicheck??? I hate that cock sucking piece of shit!!!! If you can't win the Championship STRAIGHT UP, then too fucking bad!! The Birdman and Arkman kicked your sorry ass all throughout the postseason......but you think YOU deserve to be crowned??? Fuck you!!! They EARNED IT, not you or anyone else!!

Hey man, if you can't handle the SB, then you have no right to call yourself a champ....nobody does. Those old playoff rules were pure bullshit, and I tried to get them changed every single year.

Ya see?? This is why Callura is GONE, and Magic and I run the game.......Common Sense, that's why!! Well, that and neither of us are bi-polar alcoholics!!

Rookie Question Smiley10

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 11/10/2007, 1:56 pm

mighty_colts wrote:ha ha ha....that's some funny shit.

Swan, you said that you want to hear other people's thoughts?? Ok, here's a thought for you......FUCK YOU!!!!!! How's THAT for a thought!!
lol

SA, you keep saying that you never win the BC Championship because you always pooch the SB. Well, actually.....you always pooch the entire post season!! WTF?? You only hit TWO Best Bets last January. And because of that, even if you were able to go perfect in the Super Bowl, you would have still lost......LOL

So what you're saying is that you can't win the championship without a FUCKING HANDICAP???? You need extra points to give you an advantage??? You pussy!!!!!!!! Is your name Belicheck??? I hate that cock sucking piece of shit!!!! If you can't win the Championship STRAIGHT UP, then too fucking bad!! The Birdman and Arkman kicked your sorry ass all throughout the postseason......but you think YOU deserve to be crowned??? Fuck you!!! They EARNED IT, not you or anyone else!!

Hey man, if you can't handle the SB, then you have no right to call yourself a champ....nobody does. Those old playoff rules were pure bullshit, and I tried to get them changed every single year.

Ya see?? This is why Callura is GONE, and Magic and I run the game.......Common Sense, that's why!! Well, that and neither of us are bi-polar alcoholics!!

Rookie Question Smiley10

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

You sure do rant like the DRUNK RICAN!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Agent 99
Agent 99

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 11/10/2007, 2:20 pm

Swanshaft wrote:What if we just have the 6 divisional winners and some wild cards compete. To the players who didnt have a good handicapping season, better luck next year. In this format its like miami going 0-16 then getting hot in the playoffs and winning it all. Just a thought....

I know, I know, I am a stupid rookie who doesnt know what hes talking about. I just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts... hammerhead
ev

Don't worry about it Swanshaft. I said all the same things when I was a rookie and they went ballistic on me. Can't handle honest opinions I guess. What you say makes perfect sense. In the NFL every team does not make it into the playoffs. Only the teams that are good enough in the regular season. Of coarse if we did the same thing here the cadre (old and new) would be sitting on the sidelines most seasons dancing3
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 11/10/2007, 2:25 pm

ha ha ha....yeah, and we'd have a BC roster of about 7 people.

Rolling Eyes

Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 11/10/2007, 3:58 pm

"=SA="] Only the teams that are good enough in the regular season. Of coarse if we did the same thing here the cadre (old and new) would be sitting on the sidelines most seasons dancing3

Ah SA......see now that is why I plan on staying 49yrs old for a while because I can see what happens when you get up to 55......or maybe it is Texas doing this to you.

Out of the 7yrs so far I have been a Division Champ and finished 2nd after the SB one year and finished 3rd in back to back seasons.

And I know Mighty has won too.

So how does that comment apply to the Cadre?

Even adding Blue to your list proves how senile you are getting.

Rolling Eyes

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 11/11/2007, 8:08 am

Magic and Mighty

pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker pecker

and here's my final word on the subject: Let the games begin

Cheers to the Cadre drinkbeer

May they take shit from their royal subjects once a year and enjoy every minute of it.

Besides subjects like us who would you rule

queen queen queen

Of coarse you know why we are Royal Subjects and not Loyal Subjects don't you. Because we are a Royal Pain in the ASS joker
=SA=
=SA=

Back to top Go down

Post  BirdsofSilence 11/11/2007, 6:17 pm

Every year we get the same thing, and every year I am thankful for the BC and all the hard work that goes into it.

And EVERY year, SA puts his dress on and whines like a woman. Hell, our resident woman is more man that he is! hahahahahaha

We play the game the way it is......I was a super wild card one year, and had I not partied all night in Vegas the night before my picks, I may have gotten to 2nd (of course, I had the SB picks as well). In fact, two years I had missed picks in the playoff because of the "Vegas" sickness....

Things are tough all over, however, money time is money time, and if you can make your picks in the playoffs, you win it all and they crown you.

So Bitches, I AM BACK! I just hit a perfecta, and although I could have whined like the little bitches in my division, I manned up and didn't say a word other than "BRING IT ON!"

I AM THE DEFENDING BC CHAMPION, and you BITCHES are going to have to pry the championship from me, you are going to have to earn it, and believe me, you will have to be on your game to do it.

BACK TO BACK IS MY THEME...Just so that you know.

BirdsofSilence
Birds of a freakin' feather frock the fluckin' flock of foul Fowl...wtf!!

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 11/12/2007, 1:20 am

I will drink to that

My luck has to start next week so run.....or swim for your life Rookie Question Shrk

Bookie Challenge
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Magic
Magic