Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhhh... DIVING!

4 posters

Go down

Ahhhh... DIVING! Empty Ahhhh... DIVING!

Post  Guest 6/6/2007, 8:34 pm

Well, guys, I leave in the morning (Thursday at 11:00 am) for the annual Keys dive trip! I'll get in 4 dives Friday, 4-5 Saturday (incl. my first wreck dive in deep (100') water), and another 2 Sunday morning. Fly back Monday. hellyes

Really looking forward to it. Been a crazy few months and I need the break... Was diagnosed w/Carpal Tunnel Tuesday. Right hand/wrist. That sucks, even though I'm a lefty! They gave me a stupid looking wrist support/imobilizer thing that I'm supposed to wear and some anti-imflammatories.. It does make it feel better, but... dammit

Wife and bride to be finalized the arrangements for the wedding reception last Saturday. I'm officially on the hook for a minimum charge of $16K for the reception... sucks

I officially applied for the equity loan Monday... LOL! Really, I did. Chase had a no annual fee - ever, and zero closing costs deal that was a slam dunk for approval. I do all my business and personal banking with them.... they better not blink an eye...

Enjoy all... I'll think of you as I'm swimming with the sharks! rambo

(CRAV! BLUE WATER! 80+ degrees water temp! I be luvin dat, mon!) horsey

Back to top Go down

Ahhhh... DIVING! Empty Re: Ahhhh... DIVING!

Post  Magic 6/7/2007, 3:31 am

Have fun Kurt mon sunny

Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-043Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-048Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-043Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-048Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-043Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-048Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-043Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-048Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-043Ahhhh... DIVING! Animal-smiley-048
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  beerme 6/7/2007, 6:03 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:Well, guys, I leave in the morning (Thursday at 11:00 am) for the annual Keys dive trip! I'll get in 4 dives Friday, 4-5 Saturday (incl. my first wreck dive in deep (100') water), and another 2 Sunday morning. Fly back Monday. hellyes

Really looking forward to it. Been a crazy few months and I need the break... Was diagnosed w/Carpal Tunnel Tuesday. Right hand/wrist. That sucks, even though I'm a lefty! They gave me a stupid looking wrist support/imobilizer thing that I'm supposed to wear and some anti-imflammatories.. It does make it feel better, but... dammit

Wife and bride to be finalized the arrangements for the wedding reception last Saturday. I'm officially on the hook for a minimum charge of $16K for the reception... sucks

I officially applied for the equity loan Monday... LOL! Really, I did. Chase had a no annual fee - ever, and zero closing costs deal that was a slam dunk for approval. I do all my business and personal banking with them.... they better not blink an eye...

Enjoy all... I'll think of you as I'm swimming with the sharks! rambo

(CRAV! BLUE WATER! 80+ degrees water temp! I be luvin dat, mon!) horsey

sounds like fun Kurt!

i've only ever dove in lakes here in MN, nothing much to brag about when you can only get to 25-30 feet at best.... only thing i've ever been able to "scrounge around in" while diving is an old car that was submerged in the lake in my hometown. again, nothing too spectacular.

that was all many years ago, even for me.

have fun!

beerme
I actually prefer malt to beer

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 6/9/2007, 9:15 am

Have fun sunny

I can't wait until I have free time and capital to do thing I want to do bounce
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2560

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/13/2007, 11:11 am

Well, I didn't drown and I didn't get bit or bent! That constitutes a great dive trip!

For school being out and being vacation time, it sure was dead down there. Very little traffic headed in or out daily. Too many closed storefronts.

I will say this... standing on the bottom at 110' is too cool.one_finger_salute

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/13/2007, 4:33 pm

We'll be looking for some photos, Kurt.

Now about that wedding...saw on the Today show today a wedding dress that went for 14K. The bare bones wedding dress was 2 grand. So, figure probably around $5,000 for the dress, another 2 grand for the flowers, and about 500 for the cake. What about music? A DJ or a live band? That could easily set you back another $500 to $2000. Then there's the gift to the new couple -- perhaps another 2 grand toward the honemoon.

So, on top of your 16 grand for the reception, you're talking probably about another 10 grand. But, hey, the insurance business is booming.

cheerstoyou

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 6/14/2007, 3:24 am

Welcome home Aquaman joker

Ahhhh... DIVING! 180px-Aquaman18_%281964%29
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/14/2007, 5:44 am

"Insurance business is booming..." Perhaps for the Liberty Mutuals and State Farms of the world... its a tough road to hoe as a small time agent... the company side is good - the agent side keeps taking commission reduction hits. I'm operating as lean as I ever have and the revenue just keeps dropping. I guess they want me to go out and sell?
Didn't even take a camera, Blue. No pics this Florida trip. What happened in FL stays in FL!

Aquaman... that's a good one, oh King of Concrete. Ever get that gate to the Magic Kingdom finished?

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/14/2007, 3:04 pm

Did you try the Rock Shrimp Kurt??

Hey dig this shit...I took my entire family to the Dominican last May to enjoy some of the finer things in life, crystal water, topless beaches you know the important things..Well low and behold, Drew hits me up with, hey Dad I leave for Puerto Rico June 25th"..The bastard, he should be sending me!!!!!!!!!!!
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/14/2007, 6:52 pm

Had some local Grouper and Mahi Mahi, but never saw the rock shrimp on the menu, Crav... matter of fact, the waiters weren't overly positive about the shrimp.

The local stuff was outstanding! Both restaurants were on the water and just out of this world. Grilled Dolphin, blackened grouper... some wild rice...

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 6/15/2007, 1:35 am

I take it your waiters were from Cuba booya

http://www.dixiecrossroads.org/conservation.html
Thats a little link on the Rock Shrimp, give me the name of the resturant you ate at, I'll E-Mail the sand fleas about Rock Shrimp.

My Dads coming North next week for a few weeks by train, 10 lbs of those tasty morsels will be with him..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 6/15/2007, 1:51 am

laughing Kurt.....Aquaman was the first thing I thought of when you got home and mentioned your diving trip!

When I saw that picture and it was a wedding I figured that would be perfect!

Well as far as my gate project goes.......I have been waiting for some decent weather since we have been getting some rain or wind or just cold and cloudy and I can't go out and work all day in that shit or it will make me sick.

I have to do the finish painting on the concrete and the 12ft long cedar fence attached and then do the finish mortar and brick on top of that addition concrete gate support I added (that now weighs 1 ton)

Inside that brick on the top will be my connection to the security system and future power suppley to power a motor to open and shut the gate from the car and then the last thing is a concrete arc across the driveway for the gate to roll on since it is a bit hard to roll now (gate weighs about 800lbs)

Here is a slide show I took the other day just walking around the yard and some of the pics show the gate project.

The King of Concrete

http://img145.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img145/6984/1181623310kdm.smil
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down