Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to vent...

3 posters

Go down

Time to vent... Empty Time to vent...

Post  Guest 4/12/2007, 5:05 am

I appreciate the forum to do this and not have my loved ones shaking their heads and thinking... "what's up with him?"

Tornados all over the place last night and snow this morning... fuck that.
ohshit

Got a house across the street under construction (?) - that hasn't been touched in over a month. The big pile of construction debris is in their "yard" by the street - directly across from my driveway. 4-6' tall. No dumpster, no containment fence, nothing but a pile of shit. The dickhead has come by to BURN the wood in a 55 gal drum. Nice. (I've got an idea of something that will burn pretty damn good...) Twisted Evil I open my garage door and see a pile of garbage... fuck that.
chicken_dance

Thieving business "partner" that can't be trusted... fuck him.
ramborampage

The tax man cometh... fuck that.
sucks

My annual dive trip to the Keys is in jeopardy due to the thieving business "partner" that can't be trusted... fuck that AND him again.
ramborampage ramborampage

Thank you for listening, er... reading.
wave

Nave a nice day. one_finger_salute

Back to top Go down

Time to vent... Empty Re: Time to vent...

Post  dblshockpwr 4/12/2007, 1:19 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:I appreciate the forum to do this and not have my loved ones shaking their heads and thinking... "what's up with him?"

Tornados all over the place last night and snow this morning... fuck that.
ohshit

Got a house across the street under construction (?) - that hasn't been touched in over a month. The big pile of construction debris is in their "yard" by the street - directly across from my driveway. 4-6' tall. No dumpster, no containment fence, nothing but a pile of shit. The dickhead has come by to BURN the wood in a 55 gal drum. Nice. (I've got an idea of something that will burn pretty damn good...) Twisted Evil I open my garage door and see a pile of garbage... fuck that.
chicken_dance

Thieving business "partner" that can't be trusted... fuck him.
ramborampage

The tax man cometh... fuck that.
sucks

My annual dive trip to the Keys is in jeopardy due to the thieving business "partner" that can't be trusted... fuck that AND him again.
ramborampage ramborampage

Thank you for listening, er... reading.
wave

Nave a nice day. one_finger_salute

Hey CK... You live in Marion County right? Call the MAC center and complain...and get your neighbors to do the same... Then call the building inspecter and the zoning inspecter... He's supposed to have a dumpster on site... They will 48 hour him to get things in order or red-tag his jobsite..

Hmmm is it feasable to buy out your "partner"? I remeber a couple of years back when I was going to start my owncompany everybody I talked to that had a succesful business told me "DO NOT!!" get a partner.. that things would eventually go sour... Sucks to hear that..

And I agree fuck the tax man... I'm going to have to file a fucking extension this year and I'm not really happy with my employers accountants AT ALL.. they screwed up my withholding and it fucked me right in the ass...(they had me listed as married instead of single...)
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 4/14/2007, 1:37 am

You're welcome here any time for that Kurt smile

Off-season makes these message boards come in handy as you can tell!

Bookie Challenge
Original Rookie of the Year
BC CHAMPION 2018
BC CHAMPION 2019
BC CHAMPION 2024
Many time Rudy Award Winner
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame
https://tinyurl.com/OfficialBookieChallenge
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/14/2007, 7:41 am

Thanks for the thoughts, 2shock. We're going at the builder from several different angles...
Homeowners Assn. from the neighborhood covenants side... City/County from the code violation side... the developer from his pressure side... maybe one or all will be successful. Problem with the City/County involvement is that this time of year is tough for swift enforcement inspections due to all the new construction inspections that need to be made for all the decks, additions, etc. Same guys do it all. Too many to see, not enough manpower. Same old story...

The business partner thing is far more complcated than that. I suppose if I had Magic's or Mighty's or Cravn's financial resources, it wouldn't be a problem. But to just plain buy him out is a number too big at this stage... a difficult number to determine... and well, its a full time job to maintain daily, let alone figure all this other crap out at the same time. Like the city, too much to do... not enough time. I'll get it done... just takes time - and several venting sessions!

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator 4/14/2007, 3:55 pm

ahhhhhhh........heh heh heh........"business partner".

Well, Kurt......I think we should treat "business partners" the same as a marriage....."Prenuptual Agreement". Isn't a business partner the same as a marriage, anyway?? Of course. So why not treat them the same way by PROTECTING ourselves, eh? My mom and her second hubby were burned bad by a "business partner" in a retail electronics enterprise back in the late 70s/early 80s, to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars in back tax, which kept them in IRS hell for over 20 years.

See what happens when you TRUST people on their word instead of getting EVERYTHING IN WRITING and making SURE there are no BACK DOORS they can slither through?? It's ok to trust people in general, but only if you can handle the loss if they screw you over. Keep everything in front of you, and NEVER over-leverage yourself to the point that you have to RELY ON ANYBODY. If you see yourself about to be over-leveraged.......BACK OUT, even if it means taking a small temporary loss, and reorganize your strategy so that everything is in front of you, and your potential loss is easily absorbed. Otherwise.....you risk compounding your loss to the point of disaster. You can apply these ideas to everything related to business.....capital, strategy, time, ect ect. I know this is easy to say and sometimes hard to do, but patience will win the day and will prevent assholes from discovering a chink in your armor. Always show strength, never show weakness. Have the law on your side, and make damn sure your "partner" knows it well. And if he tries to pull a shananigan against you.....use the law (and if necessary, other methods such as the many forms of personal intimidation), and crush him without mercy. This is the kind of reputation you want as a business man.

I don't know if any of this helps you out.....but it's all true and it was fun to post!! cheerstoyou

BOOKIE CHALLENGE Time to vent... 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down