Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chips are in the Mail

4 posters

Go down

Chips are in the Mail Empty Chips are in the Mail

Post  dblshockpwr 9/5/2006, 6:26 am

My Chips are on the way Magic!!

Sorry i cut it short, but I'm completely remodeling the house I bought in Indy..(what a way to spend 4 weeks of vacation eh)

Bought the place for 65,000, appraises in the low 90's... After I work some of my magic it should appraise for around 110,000... it's all about making the benjamins eh?
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Chips are in the Mail Empty Re: Chips are in the Mail

Post  Agent 99 9/5/2006, 10:37 am

Mine are in the mail also. Had a lot of shit going on myself!

dblshockpwr........ It sounds like we're in the same boat.

Trying to sell my rental in town and then turning around and selling the one we're in now!

We've been renting the one and I owe 60,000 and they're buying it for 110,000. booya

Only owe 72, on the one we're in now and it appraises at 130,000. hellyes

MONEY TO BE MADE!!!!!!!!!!
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/5/2006, 12:55 pm

Either of you two got a take on building a spec home?

I know the market is soft... but have you ever done a new construction home?

Got an opportunity... half the risk - half the profit. I'm an insurance guy... next thing I build will be the first. Fortunately the oppty. comes from a custom builder with a great track record. Great floor plan. Nice area. Lots of homes for sale, though...

Your thoughts, please.

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 9/5/2006, 1:20 pm

LOL I usually don't mess with building residential Kurt, just because the money is in the commercial end of things, and I hate dealing with homeowners, they want a palace on a doghouse budger most of the time LOL..

I don't know if I'd build a custom home right now if it was me, the real estate market is so damn flooded right now and I really think property values are way overstated too.

If it were me, i'd go over to the Marion County Sheriffs office and pay the $15 for the Marion county foreclosure list, There are homes all over the place that people built and then became house-poor. Hell there was one on the West-Side that I missed last year that made me sick!! It was 3500 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths very nice home in a good area that went for 75,000.. It most likely appraised at least twice that.

I got my mom and Dad into their house off the foreclosure list in Lebanon, they got their house for $110,000 and it appraised for around 175,000 when they got the mortgage.

So many people got their houses on buy-downs and overextended so much that theirs great deals on existing homes all over the place.

I'd do a Custom home if you were building your dream house and never planned on moving again, otherwise there's so many great deals out there right now.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kobesgame 9/5/2006, 2:03 pm

I didn't know I needed an excuse for my chips just getting in the mail today! Mine is that I just moved into my house and I'm trying to paint it and unpack before I have people over this weekend.

Anyway...you should get them soon. Sorry for sending them so late.
kobesgame
kobesgame
Retired

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  arkman40 9/5/2006, 2:25 pm

My chips are in the mail as well.

A hearty thanks to last year's players for once again fully funding my participation this year. one_finger_salute
arkman40
arkman40
Retired

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 9/5/2006, 5:37 pm

There's a big hole in that ARK and it's going to sink fast!!!!!!!!! shitcanned
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/5/2006, 8:23 pm

Chips (and Matisyahu discs) in the mail tomorrow. Karma kids, Karma. Butter up the chip keeper...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down