Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I lost my Tulips!!

3 posters

Go down

I lost my Tulips!! Empty I lost my Tulips!!

Post  dblshockpwr 4/6/2007, 6:41 am

Damn this cold snap!!!!

I even covered them and they are still dieing!!!

Thank god I got the tomatoes in and didn't go ahead and transfer them to the garden yet!!

I'll still have BUSHELS of burpeee heirloom big-boys this fall!!
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

I lost my Tulips!! Empty Re: I lost my Tulips!!

Post  cravnravn 4/6/2007, 7:51 am

This fucking bullshit cold snap is going to cost me 500 bills in Oil..I should be done with heating Oil. But Nooooooooo, Ive had to order another tank full today.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/6/2007, 3:12 pm

Is that stuff stabilized, Crav? Still be good in the fall?
My parents had oil back in the day, but I never paid any attention. They switched to electric when I was, maybe 12-13?

My year-round monthly gas budget payment is $125. Electric runs $50-$60 now, double it when the air's on.

Water and cable are killing me... nearly $100 each per month! OUTRAGEOUS!

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 4/6/2007, 5:09 pm

Yeah Kurt, its stabalized..It will be good for next season..471.00 f'n dollars to fill up today..AND I DIDNT NEED TO REFILL!!!!!! seems when the guage gets to "E" we really have 100 gallons left..What a fucking racket.. It took 185 gallons to fill up...I give up with this country living, give me the fucking islands.

All Im on is Electric, 200.00 a month is what we budget, December is a tad higher because of the tree.

Dont have a water bill, unless my well decides to take a crap, then its 12.00 per foot to drill a new one, average 175 feet.

Im seriously going to get back into hacking the satellite signal, I enjoyed 0.00 a month satellite bills for 3 years, then got soft in my old age and deciced to go legit so it runs me 65.00 + for 4 months it runs 120.00 while I pay off the NFL Ticket.

No Carribean get away this year Kurt, going down to visit my Dad in Fla May 3rd.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 4/6/2007, 5:40 pm

Global freezing eh??

Nice here and was about 80 degrees in the shade about an hour ago so I was out doing some painting on the fence down by the new gate.

No more cold weather will be here until november!

I have about 500 tulips all about to bloom and all the trees flowering and no wind to mess that up either sunny

In fact I bought 6 more giant sequoias yesterday and they will be delivered tomorrow.

It was my cheapest heating year ever too since I use the wood pellet stove and for just about the entire winter we got real nice bags of pellets at walmart for just $2.73 a each smile
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 4/7/2007, 2:27 am

Overall, it was probably my cheapest winter we filled up 3 times. It didnt get bitterly cold til February this year. But we did go through some firewood.

If everything goes as planned, My boys and I will have that pellet stove installed and fired up for next year. I might do a little researching on shipping prices. that 2.73 a bag is way cheaper than what we get them for. What are they 50 lb bags? Hell thats not even a 100 bucks a ton. hell on the East, the cheapest I see them by the ton is 180.00.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 4/7/2007, 7:20 am

cravnravn wrote:Overall, it was probably my cheapest winter we filled up 3 times. It didnt get bitterly cold til February this year. But we did go through some firewood.

If everything goes as planned, My boys and I will have that pellet stove installed and fired up for next year. I might do a little researching on shipping prices. that 2.73 a bag is way cheaper than what we get them for. What are they 50 lb bags? Hell thats not even a 100 bucks a ton. hell on the East, the cheapest I see them by the ton is 180.00.

You need a Woodmaster Cravn!!
My sister and brother in law got one a few years back and they hardly used ANY gas...(they were going through 3 or 4 500 galon tanks every winter..they have a HUGE home) it pays for itself after a couple winters. As soon as I get things straightened out in the country (I go to court soon and we're gonna eat them bastards up alive!!!) I'm going to have one installed myself....

I'm thinking of going as green as possible out there though.... I'm gonna try solar power for secondery electrical stuff like lighting, the shed and garage, the computer etc... and just use the main power for the refrigerator and freezer and water heater... The more I researched alot of the stuff the more interested I got... they have made some astounding advances in that area!! And with all of the energy star appliances out there it's very feasable now-a-days..

I myself am to the point that I want to make this country as energy independent as possible... screw those ragheads....We have the technology andthe money to make them insignificant.... And if we do it the rest of the world will follow suit....

Then no one will care if the muslims want to kill each other...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 4/8/2007, 5:09 am

http://www.woodmaster.com/

Yeah 2Shock, we did consider it back in 2000, but nobody predicted this spike in oil. No shit, back in 2000 we were getting heating oil for .89 a gallon, Our Oil bill was nothing the first 2 years here.

hey 2Shock, you really want to go efficient, check this out
http://www.groundloop.com/

Did some snooping on those geothermal systems..23,000 Dollars. The so called air wells that are drilled 150 feet down where the ground temps are a consistant 55 degrees year around. Your system will spend less money and energy heating 55 degree air, and also in the summer, will spend less on cooling or in this case heating 55 degree air to a comfy 68 degrees. The owner of Ground Loop installed the system in his parents home up here, as a test house. 2 story, 4bedroom 3 bath, finished basement. He states in 5 years his parents electric bill hasn't reached 100.00 a month.

See If I would have known those facts 5 years ago I might have considered it and rolled that expense into my mortgage.

The only downside, is (I dont know how your terrain is in Ho Co) but in Harford, So PA, we are very rocky so your system MUST be fitted with Radon detectors, its a scary thought, because if you test posi for Radon, that system is another 10,000.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum