Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Cravn!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Hey Cravn!!!! Empty Hey Cravn!!!!

Post  dblshockpwr 1/27/2007, 8:06 am

I ordered the free info pack from Amerilink this morning...

I do have some other questions..(of course!!)

I know that they have some basic plans that they use, how flexible are they about adding square footage to existing plans.. I really like a couple of the A frame plans that they have, but they are a little on the small side... Also do they have daylight basement plans as well?

AND on the roof construction... Is the roof a post and beam type construction process, or is it built with traditional lumber (ridge board and rafters)? Also do you have electrical outlets in the exterior walls? The wiring runs would most likely have to be routed into the logs themselves wouldn't they? Or did you run them under the floor joists and then up into the logs?

AND is the price of the log package just for the logs themselves? and then you do the interior framing and finish with whatever material that you want, or is the kit a whole house package?

LOL AND...... Do they also have freestanding garage packages that are made of the logs too? LOL

Sorry about the little questions now, but I am seriously considering this as an option for me.....

ALSO..... does th package price also include the freight for the package? and them unloading the logs too....... I don't want to have to rent a crane and pay an operator for a day to offload it hammerhead that can get pretty pricey....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hey Cravn!!!! Empty Re: Hey Cravn!!!!

Post  cravnravn 1/27/2007, 9:17 am

Adding square footage, NO then you are getting into "custom" home building, 5 years ago it was 125.00 a square foot, We stayed with their exterior model and changed the hell out of the interior.

Tack on 5-7,000 if you want a basement.

Roof construction is built with traditional lumber. But in our case, we dont have an A frame, we have a 12, 12 pitch which is close enough to allow me not on it. But I do have 6 structrual beams that are a must that holds the pitches together, without those the roof would cave in. We have electrical outlets all throughout the logs, it was long and tedious but when you lay your logs we drill holes 1 1/2 inches in the logs. PA law requires outlets every 6 feet, so yeah I have enough switches and plugs to carry me.

The price of the package is the for a weather tight shell, Shingles, doors, windows, logs, 5,000 lag bolts included.

Yeah they have Garages, but it is a false log, that picture of me with the flag that Blue gets his jollies and changes the team on, in the back is my garage, its 24x24 with an optional in law apt. The false logs are pretty nice, the boards ar approx. 2" thick and rounded..

For our roof line, instead of dry wall we purchased, 8inch tongue and groove, it gives the look of the flat side of the log.

Ive I had any computer brain at all Id post a ton of pictures on here, we started taking pics of the process, the day we bought the lot.

Feel free to ask more, I just bought a 30 pack Smile
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/27/2007, 10:41 am

I've seen the false logs Cravn.. There is a lumber yard close to me that sells them... Thats another option that I'm looking at as well..

I'm actually thinking about ordering a set of A-Frame plans from an architect that I know and using the false logs for the front and rear of the house, the reason being is that the other plan has alot more sq footage to it.. Plus he can also convert the framing plans to use heavy gauge metal studs, which will save me a fortune on insurance and of course you can do so much more with metal than you can with wood...(radius bulkheads and arcs) plus with the way that metal goes together I can get about 3 more guys and pay them some cash under the table and save a boatload of money...

I don't know.. It'll probably be summer before I really get busy with all this stuff, but right now I'm just trying to figure what my best options are with regards to the price.... LOL

So I'll take a good look at the info from Amerilink when it gets here.... maybe a detailed pricing plan for the materials and such and then go from there.

Thanks buddy... and.........

GOOOOOOOOO COLTS!!!LOL
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/27/2007, 10:43 am

Oh yeah!!

I almost forgot.. my email addy is cptrohn@sbcglobal.net if you want to send me a couple of picks that would help out instead of trying to post them here then by all means it would be very much appreciated.. I'd like to see what it all entails....

Have a good one Cravn!
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down