Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Baltics in May

2 posters

Go down

The Baltics in May Empty The Baltics in May

Post  Guest 2/2/2011, 6:40 am

Had a stroke of good luck. One of the companies we rep. has their annual trip for top producers going to the Baltic Sea for a cruise in May this year. I personally do very little with them, but a couple of the guys do a lot. We won a trip for two. Neither of the others can/want to go, so it fell to me! Fly to Copenhagen, cruise to Kiel, Germany; Stockholm, Sweden; Tallin, Estonia; and St. Petersburg, Russia. Not a cruise I'd plan, take, and pay for on my own, but in this case... I'M THERE! (along with the bride) I'm looking at it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. There is a tax consequence, but that's a year away and still a damn good deal. Supposedly a $10,000/couple trip. SWEET!

Anyone been there?

Back to top Go down

The Baltics in May Empty Re: The Baltics in May

Post  Guest 2/2/2011, 7:17 am

Awesome! Bundle up. Still can be chilly in that region of the world in May.

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/2/2011, 8:00 am

LOL, just what I want to do, cruise in the winter to cold climates..

Kurt I will be in Puerto Rico (looking for Miguel) I will toast you while Im in flip flop and shorts..

My sister is working on my first dive trip, we are going over to Vieques for a day..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/2/2011, 10:44 am

cravnravn wrote:LOL, just what I want to do, cruise in the winter to cold climates..

Kurt I will be in Puerto Rico (looking for Miguel) I will toast you while Im in flip flop and shorts..

My sister is working on my first dive trip, we are going over to Vieques for a day..

You going to do a "resort dive" or getting certified? If you run across Miguel, kick him in the ballz for me - just for fun, of course!

It will be early summer there... highs in low 60's. As I said - not a trip I'd plan and pay for, but something I simply cannot pass up. Don't think the cruise ship's pool will get much action and don't think the flops will be needed...

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/2/2011, 11:27 am

Just a resort dive....My Mrs is afraid she'll get sick underwater, so when we go away I dont just leave her on the beach for half a day, so I took up snorkeling, she feels more at ease and if she needs to puke, shes not 30feet down..Thats OK. I'll finally get there this year.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/3/2011, 7:21 am

cravnravn wrote:Just a resort dive....My Mrs is afraid she'll get sick underwater, so when we go away I dont just leave her on the beach for half a day, so I took up snorkeling, she feels more at ease and if she needs to puke, shes not 30feet down..Thats OK. I'll finally get there this year.

Understood. However, getting sick underwater usually isn't the issue... that happens coming back up, or on-boat generally. Plus, you can "blow chunk" through the regulator. Trust me it works and you can do it. Just have to be careful that you don't spit it out (the reg) and take in a mouthful of saltwater...

I doubt a resort dive goes to 30'... but even if it does, she can "pop right up" from that depth without fear, despite what they tell you.

Have fun. You'll LOVE IT!

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/3/2011, 8:00 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:
cravnravn wrote:Just a resort dive....My Mrs is afraid she'll get sick underwater, so when we go away I dont just leave her on the beach for half a day, so I took up snorkeling, she feels more at ease and if she needs to puke, shes not 30feet down..Thats OK. I'll finally get there this year.

Understood. However, getting sick underwater usually isn't the issue... that happens coming back up, or on-boat generally. Plus, you can "blow chunk" through the regulator. Trust me it works and you can do it. Just have to be careful that you don't spit it out (the reg) and take in a mouthful of saltwater...

I doubt a resort dive goes to 30'... but even if it does, she can "pop right up" from that depth without fear, despite what they tell you.

Have fun. You'll LOVE IT!

Now thats enough to keep me from EVER diving......I`m ready to hurl now...... bluehoo
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum