Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For my Union brothers on the boards

4 posters

Go down

For my Union brothers on the boards Empty For my Union brothers on the boards

Post  dblshockpwr 1/29/2011, 6:40 am

Just so you know Mitch Daniels the governor of Indiana is going to be running for president in 2012. He is going to get a HUGE push from the republican party and they are keeping him under wraps to drop into everybodies lap as the The Man.

Here is what he has done.
He raped the employees at IPALCO here in Indiana, he cost THOUSANDS of people their retirements by saying they couldn't sell of their stocks before they tanked. Of course HE and his other board members could and did sell theirs off.

First thing he did was decertify the state workers union when he was elected. How I was personally effected? My mentally disabled uncle was fired from his only means of being able to support himself the following week. He didn't make much, but made enough to be able to eat and have a little house.

NOW he is going full bore after the trade unions, (of course he waited until after the new stadium and the new airport were finished and the new contracts were already awarded for the new general hospital can't have those not finished in time with shoddy work)

This monday, they are going to vote to decertify the project labor agreements, next up is the vote to make Indiana a right to work state, then next on the agenda is to declare all skilled trades workers "seasonal" workers and anybody that knows the trades know it is an economy driven industry, not s "seasonal" industry. The only thing "seasonal" about it is the fact you work in all the seasons. LOL

Daniels has also gutted the labor board here, there is not anybody there to check and make sure contractors are doing what they are supposed to anymore. This has made Indiana a HOTBED for out of state contractors to take work away from in state contractors both union and non-union alike... WHY? because they are bringing employees in that are working as "independent contractors" They ARE NOT independent contractors, they are employees. They submit no bids as contractors, they use the general contractors tools and materials, and are paid an hourly wage (with no taxes withheld at all) This also means the general contractor does not have to carry workmans comp insurance on these EMPLOYEES ("independent contractors") (so he is taking money out of your bank account too CK!) This practice is ILLEGAL here in Indiana, you CAN NOT have employees working as an independent contractor in this state. But of course Mitch doesn't care about that illegal activity because some of his biggest campaign contributers paid for that priveledge from him.

His other major slam against skilled trades is that he is pushing hard to make Indiana a Right to work state. Reprehnsible.

All he has done has been to lie about job growth in the state (check out WTHR's award winning expose on all the "jobs" that were supposed to be here that are nothing but empty buildings with NOBODY working there)

AND about the unemployment fund here? Mitch took a 1.3 BILLION dollar surplus, and well... he just kinda "lost" it somewhere, nobody knows what exactly happened to that billion dollars... but it sure as hell isn't there. So Mitch's great idea to fix the phantom money going missing? Well it's simple, deny unemployment benefits to the people that actually need it.

DO NOT vote for this man for president under any circumstances! He is the king of the crooks and the snakes.....

OH and lets not forget this one, they talk about Obama being an "arab" Well Our Bitch Mitch actually IS an Arab. First generation SYRIAN.... AND he is on the board of the Arab American Council.

Don't even get me started about how he is selling this state down the river to foreign influences every single day. Pretty soon Indiana will be owned entirely by the Pacific Rim and outside influences.

He is a GWB crony through and through.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

For my Union brothers on the boards Empty Re: For my Union brothers on the boards

Post  Administrator 1/29/2011, 7:37 am

actually IS an Arab. First generation SYRIAN

Forget about the rest of it....that's enough not to vote for him.

BOOKIE CHALLENGE For my Union brothers on the boards 2-8110
Rest In Peace Garth
Administrator
Administrator
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2006-08-20

https://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge

Back to top Go down

For my Union brothers on the boards Empty Re: For my Union brothers on the boards

Post  Guest 1/29/2011, 11:15 am

I saw on Anderson copper where some on the far right are saying he work for radical muslum groups and belongs to groups that funnel money to the crazy baldheads in the middle east. Funny how some want to fix the world's problems on the back of the working man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/29/2011, 8:59 pm

Sorry 2shock... not buying what you're selling.

SYRIAN? Really? Have you ever seen the guy?

Can't you do any better than that?

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/30/2011, 4:13 am

ColtsKurt wrote:Sorry 2shock... not buying what you're selling.

SYRIAN? Really? Have you ever seen the guy?

Can't you do any better than that?

Family and education

Mitchell Elias Daniels, Jr., was born in Monongahela, Pennsylvania, to Dorothy Mae (née Wilkes) and Mitchell Elias Daniels, Sr.,[4] spending his early childhood years in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Georgia. The Daniels family moved to Indiana from Pennsylvania in 1959 while he was still in grade school. His paternal grandparents were immigrants from Syria. Daniels has been honored by the Arab-American Institute with the 2011 Najeeb Halaby Award for Public Service.[5][6][7]

I don't have to do better when I have the truth CK. Mitch is the Arab. Mitch is Syrian. And Mitch has sold everybody in this state down the river. It's like my Guy Phil Hinkle told me, (republican from the Indiana house) If you don't make 500K a year Mitch Daniels doesn't give a damn about you or your family.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/30/2011, 6:46 am

Sorry, shocker... I'll make my vote based on the best man for the job. You're a union guy... we all know that. You're making your choice on that point alone, then trying to act like you're not. Mitch has done more for this state than anyone in recent past. The state is in better fiscal condition than it has been in decades.

Remember this, EVERYONE'S family came from another country, here in the US of A, if you go back far enough and if you're not 100% American Indian. Look at my name - Kurt Walther.
If I run for office, do I become a Nazi?

These times call for drastic measures and Mitch was the ONLY one willing to do the dirty work. While I'm not an Obama -guy, I do give him credit for trying something different... anything. He made forward steps - or at least tried to. I'll give Mitch credit and props for having done the same. However, his steps seem to have actually accomplished something. Would you prefer that Pat Bauer - from South Bend area - be the man?

It is political - polarizing - and draws lines in the sand that we don't need here. This is meant to be fun. IMO - take it to some political site. Lets keep this place about fun. There is nothing fun about politics. It is a thankless job and every swinging dick thinks they could do it better - after the fact, with the benefit of retrospect. I'm thankful we have guys willing to do it. For better or for worse, at least they were willing to try.

I'm done with my Sunday morning rant... I'll step down off the soap box now.

How 'bout them Packers?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/30/2011, 6:52 am

dblshockpwr wrote: If you don't make 500K a year Mitch Daniels doesn't give a damn about you or your family.

That is complete hogwash. You have absolutely no basis for that comment. The same as me saying - if you're union, you're lazy, overpaid, and the reason so many companies have moved their manufacturing out of the country to foreign countries. (I don't completely believe that, btw)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/30/2011, 7:20 am

ColtsKurt wrote:
It is political - polarizing - and draws lines in the sand that we don't need here. This is meant to be fun. IMO - take it to some political site. Lets keep this place about fun.

Here's a good political "board". Lots of members here from the former ESPN Monday Night Football board.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Political_Deathmatch/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/30/2011, 8:00 am

ColtsKurt wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote: If you don't make 500K a year Mitch Daniels doesn't give a damn about you or your family.

That is complete hogwash. You have absolutely no basis for that comment. The same as me saying - if you're union, you're lazy, overpaid, and the reason so many companies have moved their manufacturing out of the country to foreign countries. (I don't completely believe that, btw)

I have every basis for that comment because it was told to me directly by Republican state representative Phil Hinkle.

AND I am not working in the trades as of now. I am working in IT. (and doing VERY well)

Don't turn a blind eye to what Mitch has done in Indiana, How about all those jobs he created that WTHR proved beyond a doubt were a fraud? EMPTY BUILDINGS and nobody had been in them for years.
Here is more on our Syrian Governor.

From the Arab-American institute itself.
http://www.aaiusa.org/index_ee.php/pages/arab-american-roster#indiana

Daniels is a crook, Daniels has always been a crook. And he and his elitist wife that was too good to live in the Governnors mansion after the state spent a couple million remodeling it can both kiss my ass.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/30/2011, 4:45 pm

2shock...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily for or against unions. I voted for him, think he's doing a good job. But that doesn't mean I think he's presidential material. He was the best man at the time.

I am a believer of - and in - the system. If Mitch's intentions were evil, I'm thinking the big boys were - and are - all over that. I'm not a fan of the Muslim/Arab card or any other card played. They've done it to Obama and now you with Mitch Daniels. Has anyone looked into the Kennedy's?

A man stands on his own two feet and by what he's done. Mitch has done pretty well and we're better for him having done his stints - federal and at the state level. The next guy will do some good things and some things that will surely incite someone.

Its pretty common knowledge that the Mrs. wasn't a big fan of staying in politics. They have a very nice home and I'm sure that's where she wanted to raise her kids. At home. How long were they in Washington? I wouldn't want to live in a museum, would you? Hardly elitist.

Nuff said. These guys don't care anyway...

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 1/30/2011, 5:47 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:

Hey now.........overpaid??.......Nope sure not.......lazy?.........Been at the same job since 1981 at the age of 18.....Just cause I`m Union doesn`t mean any of thee above..........(atleast not me.There arew a few fellow owrkers that fit that decription,but not I)....... wtf

Yes CK I know you were just completely kiddin around....... lol
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/31/2011, 1:19 am

Unions Rule!! drinkbeer
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/31/2011, 6:36 am

Unions Built this country! Trust a union man over a stock broker everyday

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/31/2011, 7:05 am

seabird wrote:Unions Built this country! Trust a union man over a stock broker everyday

Or an insurance salesman bounce
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/31/2011, 7:21 am

You guys...

Here's my beef with the union... had a friend that worked for the local newspaper. He drove a pick-up truck and delivered bundles of papers for the delivery folks. Drive to point A and 5 bundles... point B, 4 bundles. You get the picture.

Dude made $45K+ with full bennies that he paid not one cent for... vision, full medical, dental, the whole pie. With OT he made $65K. To drive a pick-up truck and not count over 7. He spent half his shift asleep or drinking in a parking lot somewhere waiting for people to call in saying they didn't get their paper. Went on strike several times for more $$$. Guess what... the paper went out of business. Sold out to Gannet. And they pissed and moaned about it.

Now I understand the trades being union. And I'm sure there are still some industries where unions are still necessary. However, I also believe the labor laws and rules by which many companies must live by are strong enough to not need union representation. In some cases, they ultimately do more harm...

That said, I've been on both sides. When I worked in a dairy as a young man, I was union. We needed it. The mgmt were total hemroids... so I see how it goes both ways. However, in many cases, I don't believe the union is necessary.

PEACE

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/31/2011, 8:13 am

Well you look at it two ways when you're in the Union, If the route was established before I took over, and I only had to deliver x amt of packages in an 8 hr day, and I busted my ass and got it done in 6hrs? then yes Im going to "milk" the clock..If I didnt then Im only hurting myself, If I return to the terminal you can rest asure that the next day I will have additional stops..And Im not about going out there and cutting my throat.

Thats why I worked in a steady pace, talked to any customer that wanted to talk, so I didn't have to worry about being done hours before I was supposed to be.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down