Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TD that shouldnt have been

3 posters

Go down

The TD that shouldnt have been Empty The TD that shouldnt have been

Post  cravnravn 2/8/2010, 10:58 am

The TD that shouldnt have been Porterint

Look at this picture and tell me what you see on the left side with the red circles, I see a 15-yard penalty for clipping. New Orleans Saints cornerback Tracy Porter’s 74-yard interception for a touchdown was not supposed to happen and here is why, in the NFL rule book a clip or block in the back is defined as an illegal block in which a player hits an opponent from behind and that clearly is what happened here.

http://www.mkrob.com/saints-cb-tracy-porters-interception-for-a-td-wasnt-supposed-to-happen/
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

The TD that shouldnt have been Empty Re: The TD that shouldnt have been

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 11:09 am

The NFL has become the WWF a story is better than a game. If they call that back hummm the game is not over. I'm a High School Foot ball Ref and there has been a call in every Super Bowl that changes everything! Cards last year The Seahawks Steelers game was one of the worst ever. We as fans are being cheated by the need for pro sports to have a story that sells tickets. The worst thing is that it happens in all sports NFL NBA and MLB. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 12:46 pm

I would agree to a point, but I don't think my blind aunt thought 18 was actually going to try to make the tackle. At best he would try and slow TP down so someone else could get dirty.

Appreciate the try Crav, but that was just the final nail in the last corner of the coffin. The game was essentially over before that pick 6.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 1:06 pm

The game was over when the Colts defense changed, in the second quarter, to a cover 2 and the soft middle opened things up for Brees. I'll never understand why they failed to adjust. Jennings has got to go. 3 and 7? No problem! Throw it to the man that Jennings is laying off of by 10 yards. Really, really frustrating!

Now all the talking heads who spent the weeks prior to the SB building Manning up will feel free to tear him down. Gonna be a long off season.

Bottom line for me: The Saints wanted the win far more than the Colts and I hold Caldwell responsible for that (and his failure to make adjustments).
wtf

Last edited by BlueShoes1 on 2/8/2010, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2010, 1:10 pm

Very true, Blue.

The D being played was not the same blitzing scheme that got them there. No pressure on 9 and you saw what he can do.

Back to top Go down

Post  =SA= 2/8/2010, 4:36 pm

Yea, but his intentions were good lol

Shit, the fuckin Zebra's cost the Vikings a shot at the Superbowl on the overtime drive. They even admitted to missing the illegal hit to Favre's knee's on the play he threw the interception.

Bottom line is there S aints a lot you can do about it.
=SA=
=SA=
Bookie Challenge Hall of Fame Member

Number of posts : 1501
Registration date : 2006-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/8/2010, 5:28 pm

ColtsKurt wrote:I would agree to a point, but I don't think my blind aunt thought 18 was actually going to try to make the tackle. At best he would try and slow TP down so someone else could get dirty.

Appreciate the try Crav, but that was just the final nail in the last corner of the coffin. The game was essentially over before that pick 6.

That play cost me 3500$ on a SB square.............. shitcanned

SOMEONE TACKLE HIS ASS!!!!! pizzedoff
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wood20ks 2/8/2010, 5:34 pm

Also the 2nd quarter I was sitting on a 1k with a 3-0 NFC score.........I needed Addai(or whoever it was)to get that crucial 1 yard on a 3rd and 1 just before the half.I think there was 30 some seconds left in the 2nd qtr when the saints stopped the run.
of course with my luck.....The Saints got a fg to make it a 6-0 NFC !!!!!!

Not only 1 square but I had two squares with 3-0 NFC...........The other was for a hundo. dammit
wood20ks
wood20ks
Does a Bear shit in the Woods?

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 2/9/2010, 1:28 am

Very, Very similiar play happened to Us vs the Bengals, our WR was 5 yards out of the play and Ray Rice broke one down the sideline for a TD. The block in the back had no bearing whatso ever on the play..But damn if there wasnt a yellow hanky on the field.
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum