Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonofabitch

2 posters

Go down

Sonofabitch Empty Sonofabitch

Post  Guest 2/4/2010, 11:52 am

Lovely bride called about 15 min after she left for the salt mines this am to say the car had died. Went to pick her up and deliver to work, stopped by the mechanic's shop to drop the keys and let him know where to go get the car. Sonofabitch Nuetral

2001 Sebring Convertible. Any guesses anyone?

Fucking motor blew up! No pre warning, nothing. Just died and went clunk. 81,000 with regular oil changes. Turns out this is very common for the 01's with the 2.7 V6. Screwed. Sonofabitch Eusa_doh

Car went from about $4000 value to $100 in seconds flat. We loved that car. It was a Christmas present for her - in the driveway with a bow and all - in 2001. Sucks. Big time. Sonofabitch 16_angry

Fuck. Sonofabitch Bs

Back to top Go down

Sonofabitch Empty Re: Sonofabitch

Post  dblshockpwr 2/4/2010, 1:54 pm

Got an 02 with the same motor CK... It went down about 6 mos ago.... overheated with NO warnings at all.... So now it sits with a warped head and needing a new headgasket. But hey! It will still run though, just not for very long. LOLOLOL

You know what they say CK, If it's got tits or tires you can expect to have some troubles with it. Just tale her on down and get a nice brand new engine for her...... It's cheaper to fix it than it is to buy a new one.

I still love mine and will have it fixed and ready to go before it gets to be top down weather.. But since there is 11 inches of snow in the forecast I am in no hurry to get it fixed just yet.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 2/4/2010, 3:15 pm

Well that sucks.....AND figures......after a vacation trip Rolling Eyes

My kind of luck but then my cars are all so old I can put "classic" car plates on em.....in fact I am putting the plates on the Jag this year so I never have to buy tabs for the bastard again.

I could do that with my 1976 Power Wagon but I can't get myself to turn in my "MAGIC76" license plates even though they have been robbing me since 1986 with those.

Isn't that car worth more than $4000 (when it is running ok)???

Hell if it is only $4000 it would cost more than that for an engine replacement........but if it is in nice shape and doesn't have any other problems then I guess you could just find a deal on a crate engine and then find a mechanic you can trust to swap the engines.

I had to do a quick google search on that car.
http://bit.ly/2001-sebring-convertible-problems

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8782
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/4/2010, 6:31 pm

She was overdue for an upgrade anyway, but I wanted to do it under our timeline, not the car's!

I've been told since the initial post that I could get something like $1000 for the car without a working engine online w/ Craig's List or at the auction. Trade-in value is around $2500 for that car in our area. Would cost nearly that much to get another engine installed... not worth the time or effort, given we were going to trade/sell outright in the next couple months anyway.

I've had at least 3 new cars since she got that, so she's due.

I guess when the head blew, the whole insides got ate up too, so the gasket repair and head wasn't all that was needed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum