Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In honor of The Big Unit....

3 posters

Go down

In honor of The Big Unit.... Empty In honor of The Big Unit....

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2010, 1:52 am

I remember as a young man growing up on the westside of Indianapolis reading about a young 6'10" pitcher that the Indianapolis Indians had playing that 100 MPH heat and basically MADE my dad take me out to Bush Stadium that same weekend so I could see him pitch.....

Mr. Johnson then was the Real life Wild Thing, 6'10" a raging mullet and the ugliest athlete I had seen since Larry Bird.. LOL( as a matter of fact they could have fell out of the same ugly tree) BUT man the guy brought the heat..... And he was either going to strike you out or maybe kill you with a wild pitch....

But looking back I am just glad I got to see him before anybody else knew who he was... cheerstoyou
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

In honor of The Big Unit.... Empty Re: In honor of The Big Unit....

Post  cravnravn 1/6/2010, 3:55 am

Why all the mentioning of Randy?? Did he pass away??
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2010, 4:03 am

cravnravn wrote:Why all the mentioning of Randy?? Did he pass away??

Officially retired yesterday.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 1/6/2010, 4:03 am

Ahhhhhh..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldar 1/6/2010, 2:47 pm

cravnravn wrote:Why all the mentioning of Randy?? Did he pass away??

Some would say Randy has been brain dead for years now.... laughing
Beldar
Beldar
Gone but not forgotton

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldar 1/6/2010, 3:11 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:I remember as a young man growing up on the westside of Indianapolis reading about a young 6'10" pitcher that the Indianapolis Indians had playing that 100 MPH heat and basically MADE my dad take me out to Bush Stadium that same weekend so I could see him pitch.....

Mr. Johnson then was the Real life Wild Thing, 6'10" a raging mullet and the ugliest athlete I had seen since Larry Bird.. LOL( as a matter of fact they could have fell out of the same ugly tree) BUT man the guy brought the heat..... And he was either going to strike you out or maybe kill you with a wild pitch....

But looking back I am just glad I got to see him before anybody else knew who he was... cheerstoyou

cheerstoyou Where on the west side are you from if you don't mind me asking? I'm an eastsider who moved to the west side in search of wild women, exotic drugs and free flowing booze parties...... hellyes
Beldar
Beldar
Gone but not forgotton

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2010, 3:49 pm

Beldar wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:I remember as a young man growing up on the westside of Indianapolis reading about a young 6'10" pitcher that the Indianapolis Indians had playing that 100 MPH heat and basically MADE my dad take me out to Bush Stadium that same weekend so I could see him pitch.....

cheerstoyou Where on the west side are you from if you don't mind me asking? I'm an eastsider who moved to the west side in search of wild women, exotic drugs and free flowing booze parties...... hellyes

Avon, Just head to Dancers Beldar and all your dreams will come true if thats what you want.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldar 1/6/2010, 4:26 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:
Beldar wrote:

Avon, Just head to Dancers Beldar and all your dreams will come true if thats what you want.

laughing I went through all that before I moved out here and more after I became a westsider. Got married, raised 3 daughters and now walking across the room wears me out lol I'm with Joe Walsh on life....it's been good to me.... clap
Beldar
Beldar
Gone but not forgotton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/6/2010, 5:38 pm

I saw Randy pitch many times he would yell at the batters he was a wildman on the mound. He could bring the heat but the key to him being great was that he could change speeds his fastball came at you at 100+ miles a hour then his slider gently traveled past you at 80 miles a hour. Just think if he pitched before they lowered the mound.

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2010, 6:55 pm

http://www.indy.com/posts/randy-johnson-s-season-with-the-tribe-was-one-wild-summer-in-indianapolis

Here is a great piece about Johnson in triple A ball here... we have been pretty fortunate to have had some really great players come through Indy on their way to the show....

Hey here's a little piece of trivia for those that don't know.. Waybe Gretzky started his pro career here with the Old Indianapolis Racers (Or maybe it was the Checkers then, one of the Old guys like Kurt would know that for sure lol )
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldar 1/6/2010, 7:04 pm

dblshockpwr wrote:http://www.indy.com/posts/randy-johnson-s-season-with-the-tribe-was-one-wild-summer-in-indianapolis

Here is a great piece about Johnson in triple A ball here... we have been pretty fortunate to have had some really great players come through Indy on their way to the show....

Hey here's a little piece of trivia for those that don't know.. Waybe Gretzky started his pro career here with the Old Indianapolis Racers (Or maybe it was the Checkers then, one of the Old guys like Kurt would know that for sure lol )

lol Great story on Johnson.....and Razor Shines was always one of my favorite players. But we had Roger Maris, Rocky Colavito, Harmon Killebrew, Herb Score and scores of other baseball players come through here. clap Indianapolis has always been an exciting city to live in....... needhelp Rolling Eyes painful_lol Of course, not everyone has that opinion..... laughing sucks
Beldar
Beldar
Gone but not forgotton

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 1/6/2010, 7:34 pm

Beldar wrote:
dblshockpwr wrote:http://www.indy.com/posts/randy-johnson-s-season-with-the-tribe-was-one-wild-summer-in-indianapolis

lol Great story on Johnson.....and Razor Shines was always one of my favorite players. But we had Roger Maris, Rocky Colavito, Harmon Killebrew, Herb Score and scores of other baseball players come through here. clap Indianapolis has always been an exciting city to live in....... needhelp Rolling Eyes painful_lol Of course, not everyone has that opinion..... laughing sucks

Yep... We even had Hammerin Hank here with the Old Indianapolis Clowns from the Negro leagues....
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down