Official Bookie Challenge Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp.

4 posters

Go down

Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp. Empty Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp.

Post  dblshockpwr 8/5/2009, 8:54 am

Leaving early to visit my family that lives out that way and some old friends too... hopefully I can talk somebody into heading to camp with me along the way..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp. Empty Re: Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp.

Post  dblshockpwr 8/5/2009, 9:01 am

I am taking my laptop with me So I will try to post from camp if I can... I did read in the star earlier today that the Colts are very anti-technology at camp though and might not allow me to use it... if nothing else I will keep it in the car and will take "bathroom breaks" and see if I can post something from there.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp. Empty Re: Getting ready to leave for Terre Haute and training camp.

Post  Magic 8/5/2009, 6:08 pm

We'll be watching for your Colts Report.......99 usually goes to these too but I haven't heard from him yet.

Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 8/6/2009, 4:38 am

Magic wrote:We'll be watching for your Colts Report.......99 usually goes to these too but I haven't heard from him yet.

I'm going to try and make it on a day that they have 2 practices. So 2shock....... If your interested maybe we can hook up if you can get away again. The Colts have been this way with the tech for a long time. I took my digital camera 2 years ago and they made me take it to the car!!! I was pissed pizzedoff bs . I kind of made a scene about it. Told them I drove over 150 freeking miles to come to camp and they won't let me take pics????
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/6/2009, 5:29 am

OK so here goes... Anthony Gonzalez is going to be a STUD this season, you can tell he put in ALOT of work with Manning in the offseason, his routes were VERY crisp and it looked like he had stickum on his hands, he was catching everything... Peyton was well.. Peyton...

Donald Brown... WOW, slasher, has another gear when he hits the 2nd level of the defense... Runs like he might never get to play football again. If Addai slips up ANY at all Brown WILL take his job as the starter, they both looked good but I think Brown looked better myself.. It was great to see Ryan Lilja back in the starting lineup.. Dallas Clark make a freaking unbeleivable one handed stab that left everybodies mouth open.. Roy Hall is looking pretty good (but he always does early) Garcon looks like he made the biggest offseaon improvement, his routes were a hell of a lot better than last season...

On defense it was NICE to see some big Bubba's on the Dline... Moala doesn't seem like a 300lber he looks like and oversized MLBer.. very good footwork and technique played like a 5 year vet instead of a rookie he's going to be a VERY good one. Ed Johnson looks like he never missed a down last season and he is on a mission.. Taylor is freaking WIDE looks like he is wearing 2 jerseys sewn together.. they list him at 310 but if he isn't really 325-335 I'll eat my Notre Dame hat.. The DB's all looked good (as usual) Bob didn't practice and neither did Jackson that I saw.

Clint Sessions is going to be a BAAAAAAAAD man this season, you could tell the difference with the Bigger, stronger DT's he was free to flow to the ball and was all over the place, Brackett looked good as well...

Was surprised at how much the defense was blitzing, it was definately a different looking defense than the Ron Meeks led squads alot more agrressive and pressed more with the CB's.. Oh yeah, Freeney was giving Tony Ugoh fits out there with Moala as the UT he was having to block Freeney 1 on 1 because Moala and Johsnon kept pressure on the pocket from the interior.. if thats shades of what is to come look for Dwight to have a 16 sack season he was looking that good.

Ahh and the Rookie punter... high arching kicks.... 4+ seconds of hangtime and he seems to be a pretty well-liked guy on the team. Seems like alot of the vets were screwing with him..

BUT overall this team is probably just as good, if not better than any of the Colts teams I've seen recently, I don't think you are going to see any problems getting off the field on 3rd down this season and if Sessions keeps it up I can see him making the pro-bowl Larry Coyer had definately turned him loose this season.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/6/2009, 5:32 am

Agent 99 wrote:
Magic wrote:We'll be watching for your Colts Report.......99 usually goes to these too but I haven't heard from him yet.

I'm going to try and make it on a day that they have 2 practices. So 2shock....... If your interested maybe we can hook up if you can get away again. The Colts have been this way with the tech for a long time. I took my digital camera 2 years ago and they made me take it to the car!!! I was pissed pizzedoff bs . I kind of made a scene about it. Told them I drove over 150 freeking miles to come to camp and they won't let me take pics????

I can try! We are supposed to be getting another CVS store to sub off of a guy later this week but I might be able to slip away one day.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/6/2009, 6:02 am

Ahh and the Rookie punter... high arching kicks.... 4+ seconds of hangtime and he seems to be a pretty well-liked guy on the team. Seems like alot of the vets were screwing with him..

Reminds me of myself..Hey its quite comical to listen to the 4-Skin fans around me that think that Hunter the Punter is the next Ron Stark..
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/6/2009, 6:20 am

cravnravn wrote:Ahh and the Rookie punter... high arching kicks.... 4+ seconds of hangtime and he seems to be a pretty well-liked guy on the team. Seems like alot of the vets were screwing with him..

Reminds me of myself..Hey its quite comical to listen to the 4-Skin fans around me that think that Hunter the Punter is the next Ron Stark..

Heh heh.. Hunter was a pretty good punter, BUT he's no Rohn Stark...
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent 99 8/6/2009, 11:25 am

Had someone tell me that the offense also was using an I formation with Hart and Brown.
Agent 99
Agent 99
I'm an optimistic person....my glass of beer is always half full until I drink the rest of it

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/6/2009, 12:30 pm

Agent 99 wrote:Had someone tell me that the offense also was using an I formation with Hart and Brown.

I didn't see it last night.... Not to say it didn't happen and I didn't notice though.... I was trying like hell to get autographs at every chance I got so I might have missed it..
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Magic 8/6/2009, 1:36 pm

Good report.......hey I just got up and this is the first thing I read.......sort of my morning paper today happy2

Yeah I remember them chasing 99 and his camera out but he did get us some pictures before lol
Magic
Magic
Bookie Challenge Emperor/Treasurer/Moderator

Number of posts : 8781
Registration date : 2006-08-20

http://tinyurl.com/Original-Bookie-Challenge and [url]https://ti

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/6/2009, 2:03 pm

Magic wrote:Good report.......hey I just got up and this is the first thing I read.......sort of my morning paper today happy2

Yeah I remember them chasing 99 and his camera out but he did get us some pictures before lol

LOL the laptop was frowned on as well.. I did see people using twitter and facebook from their phones though.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  cravnravn 8/6/2009, 3:21 pm

Why is that? Ill be at camp on Saturday again..We do live shots back to ExtremeRavens...Is this Jimmys idea?
cravnravn
cravnravn
Retired

Number of posts : 5925

Back to top Go down

Post  dblshockpwr 8/6/2009, 5:05 pm

cravnravn wrote:Why is that? Ill be at camp on Saturday again..We do live shots back to ExtremeRavens...Is this Jimmys idea?

It's Bill Polians directive....

I don't question BP on his decisions like this... especially since he was heavily criticized for banning all non-NFL cameras from the field when the Pats came to town and all of a sudden the "miracle" 2nd half adjustments stopped when we played them. Then of course spygate broke and Bill was completely justified for his actions.

So there is a reason for it, even if he doesn't feel the need to explain it.
dblshockpwr
dblshockpwr
Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down